It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-wing members: How do you feel about being lied to about the Iran situation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+57 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Over the last week we've heard from Democrats and the media that Trump's actions in this Iran situation were meant to cause a war to distract from impeachment and help him get re-elected. We've heard that World War 3 was imminent. We've heard that Trump had no plan and things would spiral wildly out of control. We were also told that Trump didn't have the legal authority for the strike on the Iranian general.

Last night, Iran launched a meaningless and clearly symbolic "attack" in which they carefully avoided actually hitting any Americans. They have the capability and the will to kill Americans, and much better targets they could've hit where they were guaranteed to kill American soldiers, yet they chose not to. In response, Trump de-escalated the situation this morning by announcing some extra sanctions instead of a military response. There will be no war. It obviously wasn't meant to start a war to distract from impeachment and help with the 2020 election. World War 3 was obviously not imminent. Things obviously did not spiral out of control. And Democrat Representative Kennedy debunked the idea that Trump didn't have the authority by suggesting that Congress should actually do their job and remove the authority, which they obviously couldn't do if he didn't have it.

So I'd like to know how our left-wing members feel about obviously having been lied to by the media and the Democrats. Leftists have been embarrassing themselves for days by repeating these lies. Do any of you feel embarrassment? Any anger at having been misled? Any questioning of why you continue to believe these sources that repeatedly lie to you, about things like Russian collusion, the economy collapsing. Now you've been lied to again about this entire Iran situation from start to finish. I mean, any retrospection at all?

Cue the usual deflection to "what about when you guys were wrong about xyz." Okay. Start a thread. I wanna know how you guys feel about THIS, not whatever excuses you can come up with to not actually address the substance of the thread.

+46 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Imagine being upset when Obama killed Bin Laden.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The whole media coverage on this is strange and loopy.

Last night, it was being reported that there were US casualties. Even Reuters posted an article on it, from Iranian sources.

Iran Claims 80 US "Terrorists" dead.

BUT, on the other side of things.. shortly after.. they also post that Iran deliberately missed their targets.

Iran Deliberately misses their targets: Sources

I give it till the 11th or 13th before this "short term" peace with imposed sanctions blows up in everyones faces and it is game on for the full escalation into WW3.

"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come."

Then you all know what it says about "PEACE" ...What comes immediately after peace?

edit on 8-1-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I don't feel embarrassed. I don't care who is in office. I just think our country should not be a puppet of Israel. We should use diplomacy not the military. I'm generally sick and tired war is the only answer mentality regardless of which party is serving Israel.

edit on 8-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Imagine trying to prove that Obama killed Bin Laden.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

What a twist.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

The whole media coverage on this is strange and loopy.

Last night, it was being reported that there were US casualties. Even Reuters posted an article on it.

Iran Claims 80 US "Terrorists" dead.

BUT, on the other side of things.. shortly after.. they also post that Iran deliberately missed their targets.

Iran Deliberately misses their targets: Sources

I give it till the 11th or 13th before this "short term" peace with imposed sanctions blows up in everyones faces and it is game on for the full escalation into WW3.

"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come."

Then you all know what it says about "PEACE" ...What comes immediately after peace?

I think you're a little confused. Reuters wasn't reporting that there were American deaths. They were reporting that Iranian state propaganda was telling their people that there were American deaths. That's a very distinct difference. Still, irresponsible of them to even report that nonsense.
edit on 8 1 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I know that, it clearly says in the article, but Reuters still publishes it from them, then moments later says Iran claims that they deliberately missed their targets, as if Iran is getting their sh#t mixed up.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Why did GWB announced he stopped looking for OBL is a mystery to me. I was very disappointed at the time. It made me think "Mission Accomplished" simply meant driving the price of oil up to $140/barrel.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I'm generally sick and tired war is the only answer mentality regardless of which party is serving Israel.

This is why dfnj is my favorite Democrat. Well that and he likes aliens.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IrateCanadian

US terrorists meaning Iraqi puppets of the US.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
We were also told that Trump didn't have the legal authority for the strike on the Iranian general.

Iran Sabotages 6 oil tankers in strait of Hormuz, Trump downplays it.

Iran shoots down a US Drone, Trump downplays it.

Iran Attacks Saudi Oil Field, Trump downplays it.

Iran attacks US embassy, Trump finally responds.

American haters: WHY DOES HE WANT WAR?!?!

*mic drop*

I also 50% believe that the previous attacks were possibly false flag, but I am always skeptical about everything regardless.
edit on 8-1-2020 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I don't feel embarrassed. I don't care who is in office. I just think our country should not be a puppet of Israel. We should use diplomacy not the military. I'm generally sick and tired war is the only answer mentality regardless of which party is serving Israel.

That's a cute way to avoid answering the question. You've been consistently wrong on Iran. You said war was "inevitable" 6 months ago, nevermind what's happened this past week. You were wrong. Any thoughts that maybe you shouldn't keep listening to wherever you get the info that leads you to form these incorrect conclusions all the time?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I know that, it clearly says in the article, but Reuters still publishes it from them, then moments later says Iran claims that they deliberately missed their targets, as if Iran is getting their sh#t mixed up.

It doesn't say that Iran said they deliberately missed their targets. That was the conclusion of Western intelligence. It says that in the first paragraph of the 2nd article you linked. Read your sources. It helps a ton to avoid this type of confusion.

link   

Pretty sure war with Iran is going to happen regardless of any outcome this week / upcoming weeks. This has been in the books for a long time.

link   

I'm generally sick and tired war is the only answer mentality regardless of which party is serving Israel.

Thank you. I may be far to the left but at least I'm not mindless idiot. I like Trump's foreign policy suggesting of finally ending the endless war. I like that he pulled troops out of Syria. I have this theory that no matter what our foreign policy is in the Middle East it will not make an iota of difference. Arabs have been killing Arabs for thousands of years. It's NOT going to stop for another thousand years. I say let rag-heads kill each other. Time to bring the troops home and put American first. If we just had locks on commercial airline cockpit doors 9/11 would never had happened!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Pretty sure war with Iran is going to happen regardless of any outcome this week / upcoming weeks. This has been in the books for a long time.

So war with Iran will happen someday. No timeline? So as long as it happens before the end of time you were right? I can see why you guys are the smart ones.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Thank you. I may be far to the left but at least I'm not mindless idiot. I like Trump's foreign policy suggesting of finally ending the endless war. I like that he pulled troops out of Syria. I have this theory that no matter what our foreign policy is in the Middle East it will not make an iota of difference. Arabs have been killing Arabs for thousands of years. It's NOT going to stop for another thousand years. I say let rag-heads kill each other. Time to bring the troops home and put American first. If we just had locks on commercial airline cockpit doors 9/11 would never had happened!

Rag heads??? How lefty of you.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You partisan hacks have ruined this website. Everything is political left vs right to you and you spam the website with partisan junk.

Id bet that many ditched the website because of it. You have turned everything into politics and left vs right madness.

Conspiracy seeks to find the invisible motives in between partisanship. You have turned ATS into anotger political forum.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
They don't care, they'll just get back to accusing him of war crimes for killing that terrorist.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join