It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald Trump to address the nation on Iran attacks at 11 a.m. (8. jan 2020)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
what I'm getting here is that this general was likely a traitor and that Iran leaked his location to us on purpose so we would kill him, this whole thing was a mutual benefit situation i bet.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
I'm having a hard time believing the no casualties part that would have been deliberate like We were allowing them to save face ...

What exactly is hard to believe? Honest question, I couldn't really decipher the way you said this.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Arnie123
But all the leftist and those who hold water for them screamed Trump is starting WW3.

Seriously, go back to the thread where we were following the attack, look at all those posters, lol 🤣😂🤣😂

Very embarrassing.

Just as many people on the right were cheering it on (full blown conflict with Iran).

That's the problem.

Everyone draws lines and goes to the extremes.

Moral of the story, we should all be happy.... For now. I'm happy with sanctions and hope things don't escelate.

Problem is, dogmatic partisans will tow lines and hold face no matter what happens.
Well if there were US casulties, then yes we definitely were praying for a MOAB.

Yes, we were cheering, mainly the Veterans because, been there, done that.

Moral of the story? Don't mess with President Trump.

In this whole event,

our President showed ACTION when attacked.

Showed restraint when the enemy invoked and instigated.

Showed humility in that no War will happen, rather, continue to punish with sanctions and a call to the global community to face the iranian regime.

The beauty in all this? American lives were the pivot on this seasaw of a response. Trump is basing everything on that, which reinforces his comittment to American lives and putting America first.
edit on 8-1-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

link   
Welp, almost 24 hours later, after a failed missile attack, and allot of saber rattling, Iran, looks pretty stupid.

With Trump’s response to it all, I think he played the right card. Think he had to take a bite of humble pie thou, he talked some big talk about how he would blow up Iran fast and hard if Iran, attempted to attack us, (which they did) .

Well we will see if Iran, is all done, or if they will keep pushing...

Maybe we will get another desperate missile attack tonight. I am sure they are not done yet...

link   

originally posted by: namehere
what I'm getting here is that this general was likely a traitor and that Iran leaked his location to us on purpose so we would kill him, this whole thing was a mutual benefit situation i bet.

There are much better and less costly ways to have done this. 50+ people died at his funeral and then it appears they shot down a plane and killed even more of their own people in the confusion over this. And if this was all a setup, their air defenses wouldn't have been postured in a way that allowed them to mistakenly shoot down a civilian plane. Not buying it.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read new threads.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Wed Jan 8 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

At least he showed restraint, a semblance of leadership, and didn't try to make things worse through increased military action.

For that I am thankful and give him credit.

For that, I give you credit as well.

Promise made, promise kept.

TheRedneck

link   
Yet again Trump sounded like a rambling incoherent fool.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

It's likely the Iranian airstrike was a deal negotiated through back channels , both sides get what they need and war is averted.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
I swear, you people will never be happy.

Oh well, Trump 2020.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
With the "earthquakes" reported, it is interesting to me that the first subject the president addressed was no nuclear weapons in iran while he is president.

Also no statement on the plane crash.

link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Welp, almost 24 hours later, after a failed missile attack, and allot of saber rattling, Iran, looks pretty stupid.

With Trump’s response to it all, I think he played the right card. Think he had to take a bite of humble pie thou, he talked some big talk about how he would blow up Iran fast and hard if Iran, attempted to attack us, (which they did) .

Well we will see if Iran, is all done, or if they will keep pushing...

Maybe we will get another desperate missile attack tonight. I am sure they are not done yet...

If Iran really wanted to hit us, they could have. This was obviously done in a way to not harm any US personnel, and done that way on purpose.

link   
I think the Ukrainian airliner that looks like it was shot down by Iran changed the game.

link   

Cool story bro.
Time for you Brits to step up and lend a hand once in a while.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Also no statement on the plane crash.

Probably not wanting to rub salt in an open wound. It looks like they accidentally shot that down and killed their own people like dumbasses.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

english to english translation issues perhaps?
he was pretty clear and concise here

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

It's likely the Iranian airstrike was a deal negotiated through back channels , both sides get what they need and war is averted.
I'm not buying that at all, you said that Trump was a danger to the international community and that his actions will lead to war and death, you've been proven wrong.

Now, you're backtracking to the possibility of back channels? Now you're sounding like a regular, Mr. Conspiratorial Gortex
edit on 8-1-2020 by Arnie123 because: Truth

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Agreed, with an early warning system - we had no attempt to intercept whatsoever? To me it feels like the beginning of a large "rearranging" of troops and forces in the Middle East.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join