It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donald Trump to address the nation on Iran attacks at 11 a.m. (8. jan 2020)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: proximo

no hes saying the US and Trump would be on the offensive right now if there wasn't someone their own size in the way....

we don't bomb Russia and China despite Crimea, south China Sea etc.

the moral of the story is that the US backs down unless it's a 3rd world country in the ME or Africa
...... statistically that is.. unless I'm mistaking

It is not backing down if you accomplish what you are after. Iran's pathetic weak response is a clear sign we did achieve our goal.

It says they got the message not to mess with us.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Nice jab at the last administration.

And every word was true.

Yup. Truth.

And I'm glad Trump put that in its proper perspective. Obama enabled and empowered Iran to attack us.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

what I'm saying is that the operator didn't know this fact and probably saw the rocket attack on radar and probably thought a response would be coming so he panicked when a plane suddenly was spotted when planes should've been grounded. the entire chain of command isn't informed about every detail so why would he know anything?

I think you're right.

When facts are contradictory, the usual reason is that one is looking at the wrong goal. In this case, I think the Iranian missiles were specifically targeted to miss American personnel. The expected Trump to launch an all-out offensive against Iran in response. At the same time, Iranian leadership likely target this passenger plane with their own guns to shoot it down just as the US was attacking, making it look for the world like Trump just ordered a commercial plane shot down, over a bunch of failed missile strikes.

What I think happened is that the assault never came. The plane was reportedly grounded for an hour before it took off... I believe waiting for the assault. The window to explain the delay without implicating themselves expired, so Iran allowed the plane to take off. One of their gunners didn't get the message that the operation was aborted, though. He saw the plane taking off, assumed the US attack was underway, and took it down.

But there was no one to blame it on. So "technical difficulties" was used to explain it, and of course the black boxes can't be released outside Iran... they would tell the truth.

thus after this i bet you'll start seeing our military leave our various bases around iran and by the end of the year we'll be completely gone entirely from the region. not just iraq but every nation we have military positioned around iran, even saudi arabia since we no longer have a need for their oil. i don't think this is as simple as it looks on the surface and certainly more complex than my example.

I don't see us leaving completely for some time... too much turmoil in the region and it has the ability to spread if not held in check. I could be wrong about that, though, since Trump I think really, really wants us out of there.

But I will agree that our ability to provide our own oil has dramatically changed the situation. Before Trump helped get us self-sufficient, we had a major issue in the region: Iran and Russia were conspiring to create their own economic bloc outside our control and threaten our dollar as the International Reserve Currency. That held huge liabilities for us economically, potentially the complete economic collapse of our economy. Iraq is the link between the Russia/Iran pipeline and the Mediterranean Sea, allowing Russia and Iran to sell their oil through two ports, with Syria cashing in on the second one.

That's what has been behind every single recent conflict in the region. Not oil. Not religion (although it has been effectively used)... money! Iran feels like the US (along with the rest of the West) has been stealing their primary resource for a century. Russia is still trying to recover from the economic mayhem our businessmen unleashed on their economy after the fall of the USSR. We have been trying to keep them down to force them to sell their oils on the dollar peg. So they have been battling us economically for decades. It's all about who controls the oil and therefore the economies of the West.

Were our oil supply to be cut off, our ability to respond to a threat militarily would be severely compromised. All that high-tech gadgetry runs on fuel. We would be helpless in a war without fuel. But now, we can produce our own oil and therefore our fuel supply is no longer threatened. Now we have options that were not open to us before.

Gonna be interesting to see where this goes from here.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The usual suspects will call Trump a coward.

I disagreed with the assassination occurring without consulting coalition leaders - that was reckless - but I gotta say I'm impressed with how Trump handled the situation last night.

Obviously he's a very strange, divisive, abrasive, unpleasant, self-obsessed old man (like the embarrassing relative at dinner parties), but I was genuinely pleased with his handling of the Syrian airport attack in response to Assad's use of chemical weapons, and the whole theatre of last night played out in a similar fashion from Iran's POV - careful avoidance of casualties; everyone's satisfied, and the Iranian public is fed a timely lie that 60 Americans perished.

End of story, the curtain falls.

PS: The plane crash at Tehran, though, was a very worrying, rather bizarre coincidence - until confirmed to be a genuine accident, that was a very tense period!

edit on 8-1-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I actually feel pretty good.

I'm more worried about you.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Iran's refusing to hand over the black box's so it's only going to fuel 'speculation'.

(post by Zcustosmorum removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: DBCowboy
that would take congress.....right?
as mighty as trump is, he alone cant declare war.....

Well, now that this might deescalate, Pelosi will probably push for it.

no way
this is covering her butt for the horrible articles of impeachment she rammed through the house
the ones everyone has now "forgotten" about......

Oh no, the glorious one has a new angle on the impeachment

Mitch wont let them dictate who gets to testify, therefore it's unconstitutional.

Even though they wouldn't let the ambassador of the nation supposedly oppressed by the President testify....

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Mitch wont let them dictate who gets to testify, therefore it's unconstitutional.

How many times did the msm remind us that the house and the house alone was responsible for articles of impeachment?

lol

Mitch standing up to nancy and chuck is very funny imo.
Mitch may be a jackass but he gets points for this imo.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Isn't it wonderful we aren't at war with Iran?

I mean, heck, even I thought we were going to war last evening.

Now here we are.

No war with Iran.

It's so nice to see that everyone can come together and appreciate just the smallest of moments of peace.

*group hug everyone! Group hug!*

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Zaph posted some images showing what appears to be shrapnel holes in the fuselage and wings.

He's rather intelligent when it comes to that arena, and if he says it's shrapnel, I believe him.

Now the real question is - why that particular aircraft?
Was it convenience? Or was there some passengers that needed gone?

Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Isn't it wonderful we aren't at war with Iran?

I mean, heck, even I thought we were going to war last evening.

Now here we are.

No war with Iran.

It's so nice to see that everyone can come together and appreciate just the smallest of moments of peace.

*group hug everyone! Group hug!*

Please dont hug so hard D.B.

I farted a little.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Iran and the United States exchanged messages last night after their fake attack on our troops in Iraq. But the contents of the messages are classified.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hmmmm....sounded like the "Peace in our Time" speech made by Neville Chamberlain made to buy us 6 months before WWII......which would explain his 'breathlessness' which I didn't detect as I have always found Trump's breathing to be more 'laboured' when he does these kind of speeches.
.....just a view from over the Pond

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Great speech by orange war crime man bad, but I have a few things that need clarifying:

Is Trump still a Russian asset?

Can we all now go back to Pelosi and why her super-urgent articles of impeachment has yet to be sent to the Senate some 20+ days later?

If someone were to suggest that this whole Iran fiasco was a well timed distraction, I'd have a hard time disputing that.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It was explained to me (by another poster) that Trump is still a Russian asset and was told by Putin to kill general Sulu-cheese-fart so that the Iranians would listen better to Putin.

Nancy is still sitting on the articles of impeachment because she spilled a whole glass of bourbon on them and she never made any copies.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Hmmmm....sounded like the "Peace in our Time" speech made by Neville Chamberlain made to buy us 6 months before WWII......which would explain his 'breathlessness' which I didn't detect as I have always found Trump's breathing to be more 'laboured' when he does these kind of speeches.
.....just a view from over the Pond

Rainbows
Jane

As long as I am President of the United States, Iran will never be allowed to have a nuclear weapon.
Donald J Trump

Is that how Nevilles speech started?

"We, the German Führer and Chancellor, and the British Prime Minister, have had a further meeting today and are agreed in recognizing that the question of Anglo-German relations is of the first importance for our two countries and for Europe.
We regard the agreement signed last night and the Anglo-German Naval Agreement as symbolic of the desire of our two peoples never to go to war with one another again. We are resolved that the method of consultation shall be the method adopted to deal with any other questions that may concern our two countries, and we are determined to continue our efforts to remove possible sources of difference, and thus to contribute to assure the peace of Europe."
Neville Chamberlain

nothing about stopping anyone from acquiring weapons at all......
hmmm

somehow I do not think so......

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
a reply to: kloejen

Great, the president who doesn't know what international law means will talk

So now there is an international law against the killing of terrorists?
Did your leaders in Scotland think that one up?

He doesn't know that we had a legal basis under international law for being there, where as Salami was in Iraq illegally, per the UN and international law.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If someone were to suggest that this whole Iran fiasco was a well timed distraction, I'd have a hard time disputing that.

It's not hard to dispute.

Trump didn't ask Iran to storm our embassy and write Soleimani's name on the wall.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Yeah, that's almost as bad as being surrounded by people who think other people never lie.

I do feel your pain...

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join