It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump is able to avoid war, will he get any credit?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Stormdancer777

He is serving his country now, so

The name of this country isn’t Donald Trump.

. . . . . . . Yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So, like it or not. War is on its way. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not a month from now, but it is on the horizon.

ok chicken little

ok

when you read your quote back after the election

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The point is, war isn't the way to progress.

It is the way to profit. For a lot of companies and individuals who pay the people in government a lot of money.

So, like it or not. War is on its way. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not a month from now, but it is on the horizon. Because the bottom line of a lot of powerful companies is built on it.

I hear its going to rain, too. Maybe not today or tomorrow. But sometimes, its going to rain.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DBCowboy

He is a coward. Mr. Bone spurs.
Everyone knows that he cheated his way out of selective service just like he cheats at everything.
Everyone knows.

90% of his deferment time was because of college not medical.

And the bone spurs were "on record" long before the college deferments anyway genius πŸ˜ƒ

You're not even close. Here's a pointer to an article that shows Trump's Selective Service record as furnished by the National Archives:

www.thesmokinggun.com...

From the time Trump registered for the Draft in July of 1964 until he was declared 4-F in February of 1972, he was on a student deferment (2-S) for about 50 months and on a medical deferment (1-Y) for about 38 months. So, of the time he was deferred, about 56% was as a student and about 43% was medical. The remaining time he was 1-A.

I'm not sure which record you are referring to when you say the bone spurs were on record before his student deferments, but it wasn't his Selective Service records. The first time he went in for an armed forces physical was in mid-December, 1966 after he had been on a student deferment for two years; apparently, he did not bring up bone spurs or any other disqualifying condition at that time because about a year and half later, he was classified 1-A again, after finishing business school at Wharton. His second armed forces physical took place in mid-September, 1968; about a month after that he was classified as 1-Y (meaning that he would only be called up in case of national emergency). It must have been during that second physical exam when he presented his doctor's letter to the examining physicians, which resulted in his medical deferment. It sure looks like the Selective Service system did not know about his "bone spurs" until after his student days were done.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There are some really disgusting people in this thread who continue to show their true cowardly, country hating colors.
You people are detestable boot fodder who have no purpose or reason to breath air.
I'm sick of this.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Millions of "not rich" kids maintained a high grade level in college and never were drafted.

Unless of course you can show some proof of your ranting πŸ˜ƒ

I don't think old Silly understands that Vietnam was a different time and a different war. Everyone that could get out of it tried really hard to do that...No one is blaming them one bit. No one going after Bush or Clinton...BUT Trump, holy hell...get a rope. How about Obama, is he a coward for never joining, or Kerry who went the other way and used Vietnam to get fake medals and get out ASAP to use in his political career. Then you have McCain who received special treatment from the enemy as a POW. I flew with former POWs that were there with him and they pretty much hated him after all these years.

I guess in the end pick you poison, and Silly you can repost over and over about Trump, I think your near 100 now, doesn't matter as we all know where you are coming from.

edit on 8-1-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

It's disgusting how much these people were hoping for a war because it would help them win in November.

I've been asking this in several threads but have yet to get an answer:

The media and Democrats like Elizabeth Warren were obviously lying when they told their followers Trump was doing this to start a war to distract from impeachment.

How do our left wing members feel about being blatantly lied to? You have been all over parroting these lies for the past week and made complete fools of yourselves. Any animosity toward the media and Democrats for playing you like that, or no?

Lol and here was my early call...

And lets say we don't do a damn thing...all this would look really bad on Iran... Throwing crap all around shooting down airlines and we just stand there smoking cigars saying WTF?

Its like a guy standing on a street corner untouched watching cars crash as they pile up all around him... geez

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I hear its going to rain, too. Maybe not today or tomorrow. But sometimes, its going to rain.

I heard the same damn thing...

I also heard that if Trump was willing to take out the No 2 in a country he is more than willing to take out No 1 AND No 3 through No 250 over a couple of stupid American lives... Silly isn't it.

One wonders how much that played into their rocket launch coordinates.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'll give him credit if he avoids escalation of this terrible situation and I'll give him even more credit if he stops sanctioning countries whose citizens are already suffering and works towards making real peace with them.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
I'll give him credit if he avoids escalation of this terrible situation and I'll give him even more credit if he stops sanctioning countries whose citizens are already suffering and works towards making real peace with them.

Well there is two kinds of regime change...All out war, or you let the people of the country decide. With Iran maybe the best direction is let the people decide.

The big part here is you can't blame others for the actions of the people who are actually at fault. Iran leadership is at fault unless you feel they are innocent in all this.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Never.

It was the peace loving terrorists bringing the peace.

Lol!

They are so lost and ready to kill themselves. I'd imagine ATS is going to go quiet with all the people moving to peace loving Iran soon.

Mental gymnastics should be an Olympic sport.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

In the end -

When all the dust has settled, no matter what the Rollercoaster throws up next -

Trump will get credit alright for being the best President in history once hindsight works its magic on the blind and ignorant.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

can you give us a run down of what that might look like? Remove sanctions, and ask them to be buddies? Please lay out how you would go about that.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I am really liking the conspiracy theory that we colluded with Iran to remove him. Iran has had quite a bit of turmoil over the last 15 years over moderating their government. The government is factional, with pressure from the Republican Guard being to maintain control through continuation of traditional policy.

It seems reasonable that the ruling class in Iran was all too happy to see a change of leadership in their Republican Guard. Whether we colluded with any of them or not (likely through intelligence assets), the benefit is pretty immense for people who are trying to moderate Iran's domestic policies.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You can't deny that trump was indirectly responsible for that jet being shot down.

Trump gave the order for that drone strike, he ok'ed more troops deployed, I don't know about you but I call that an act of aggression, if Iran retaliated then trumps decision would be an act of war.

And some bloody idiots think he deserves a nobel peace prize, but if Obama can win one well, just award the next one to an inanimate carbon rod because the peace prize is a farce. Trumps interference put Iran's military on edge, they panicked and made a horrible mistake. To put in another perspective, lets say china launched a drone strike hit the pentagon, deploy troops and threatened more drone strikes? you'd worry every time you saw something odd in the night sky.

I don't know if trump can end a war, but he's hellbent on starting one.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I can't pretend to be a military advisor or political scientist I can only express my opinion and that is that economic sanctions only harm the average citizen and causes more resentment towards us. The Persian culture and the Iranian people are a beautiful, forward thinking and well educated population, they don't deserve to be punished. I think in order for peace in the middle east that Israel and the rest of the middle east has to come to the negotiation table willing to bring a live and let live frame of mind of mutual respect.

edit on 11-1-2020 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I can't pretend to be a military advisor or political scientist I can only express my opinion and that is that economic sanctions only harm the average citizen and causes more resentment towards us. The Persian culture and the Iranian people are a beautiful, forward thinking and well educated population, they don't deserve to be punished. I think in order for peace in the middle east that Israel and the rest of the middle east has to come to the negotiation table willing to bring a live and let live frame of mind of mutual respect.

Respect, like the marine corps sword, is earned and never given.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

You can't deny that trump was indirectly responsible for that jet being shot down.

Using your logic, it is Obama's fault for the jet being shot down.

Obama backed Hillary in 2016.
If Hillary hadn't run, Trump may not have been elected.
If Trump had not been elected, general salami would still be alive.
If general salami was still alive, Iran would have had no need to lob some missiles.

So it's Obama's fault.

Thanks a lot. . . . Obama!

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
No matter what this guy does the left will find something negative about it.

This president is in a loss loss situation and its #ing insane.

posted on Jan, 12 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I will give him credit if he gets our U.S. soldiers the fu.. out like he promised.

Until then...tired of this left right dichotomy fighting over party lines the very same 2 party system instituted this sham since 1991..

Owe how the pendulum swings, but nothing changes

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join