It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump is able to avoid war, will he get any credit?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yeah we should have let Salami do what he wanted and attack us over and over. How stupid to eliminate him from the equation.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: Boadicea

Thank you for locating and sharing that source.

No problem -- whatever helps!

And more facts always help...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
First, no one on either side is saying this guy was a saint so stop that bs right now.
Second, there is ample reasons why it was not done in the past. And it was not cowardice or doubt. It was to maintain stability.
Even though he was crap he was better alive crap than a dead martyr.

Did you even read how this drastic option was only put on the list so that Trump would chose one of the other options?
But noooooo. He goes for the most drastic option on the list.

I am guessing you feel the same way about Hillary and Gadaffi?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Soleimani the saint....i know.

Where did I or have I said that.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Ummm...I'm quasi spiritual...yet realize war is just part of the human condition...

Much as I don't like war...I also realize that we're not that evolved species...that some believe we are...

I also believe that the US needs to take and keep the high ground...I.E...space...

The best defense...is offensive...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Trump's assassination of a political leader has potentially put thousands of lives at risk. Then there's the fact that, once again, it has diminished America's reputation on the world stage.

Iran was already seeing unrest. By placing increased economic pressure on them with more sanctions we could have nudged them towards a regime change. Instead, with such an aggressive action, we have given the Iranian leaders a clear enemy they can point to and rally their people against.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

what should have happened when the US embassy was attacked? Explain the situation and how you would have done it.

Remind me , why was the US embassy attacked?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
originally posted by: Boadicea
I saw that early this morning and believe that was the signal that if this was dropped now, it would go away. I sure hope so.

Yes! That makes perfect sense. D'oh! I should have seen that myself. I hope so too.

But I am still waiting for the early haters to explain how they would have dealt with all this. I suppose we will have to wait until CNN tells them.

I had to laugh at that. I'm ashamed of myself for it, because it's too sad to be funny, but it's funny because it's true. Oh dear!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

I assume everything that Iran has done and the lives of US citizens and servicemen lost to their proxies at their behest is all irrelevant?

Forgetting of course what the US has done and the citizens and servicemen lost in Iraq , there's relevance on both sides.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
He rightfully sent to hell an american killing terror mastermind that was not supposed to be out of his country per United Nations.

Good effin riddance! If libtards don't like it, they can move to Iran and cheer for them over there, no one will miss them here!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalterTilley

originally posted by: Sillyolme
First, no one on either side is saying this guy was a saint so stop that bs right now.
Second, there is ample reasons why it was not done in the past. And it was not cowardice or doubt. It was to maintain stability.
Even though he was crap he was better alive crap than a dead martyr.

Did you even read how this drastic option was only put on the list so that Trump would chose one of the other options?
But noooooo. He goes for the most drastic option on the list.

I am guessing you feel the same way about Hillary and Gadaffi?

Exactly!

What a tangled web we weave
When we first practice to deceive

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Credit?

Sorry, but you don't get credit for avoiding a war that you almost started. That's like asking for credit not giving somebody a concussion after you've walked up behind them and slugged them with a baseball bat.

Pretty much,

Why people seek confirmation bias like this thread, is much more of a mystery...or perhaps not, maybe just someone being crafty!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Trump's assassination of a political leader has potentially put thousands of lives at risk. Then there's the fact that, once again, it has diminished America's reputation on the world stage.

Iran was already seeing unrest. By placing increased economic pressure on them with more sanctions we could have nudged them towards a regime change. Instead, with such an aggressive action, we have given the Iranian leaders a clear enemy they can point to and rally their people against.

Ummm...which..."political leader"...might that be...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

You're right. I should have said political AND military leader. Regardless of how the US may label Suleimani, it doesn't change the fact that he was the second most powerful man in Iran.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
On a related note, Representative Kennedy (D) accidentally admitted the Democrat/media narrative that President Trump didn't have the authority to launch the strike last week was false.

Just wondering how the leftists here feel about being lied to, AGAIN?
story

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

You're right. I should have said political AND military leader. Regardless of how the US may label Suleimani, it doesn't change the fact that he was the second most powerful man in Iran.

That's right, he was central in Iran's politique.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

you should have waited 10 minutes
as that is exactly what he just described
lol
so now that he has articulated EXACTLY what you suggested, where will you go now?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

How about not having an embassy there at all?
Why do we need to be there?
Why doesn't trump pull the troops out of iraq?
Should we be world police?

Who is it that really wants us in the middle east and why is trump going along with them?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Credit?

Sorry, but you don't get credit for avoiding a war that you almost started. That's like asking for credit not giving somebody a concussion after you've walked up behind them and slugged them with a baseball bat.

Pretty much,

Why people seek confirmation bias like this thread, is much more of a mystery...or perhaps not, maybe just someone being crafty!

it's just pointing out that nothing Trump does will ever be OK with those of you who hate him. Be it waging war, or saving lives, hate must hate, as it's not smart enough to do anything else.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
On a related note, Representative Kennedy (D) accidentally admitted the Democrat/media narrative that President Trump didn't have the authority to launch the strike last week was false.

Just wondering how the leftists here feel about being lied to, AGAIN?
story

Yea, that puts a damper on the war crimes impeachment that was planned. Perhaps they can get him for not liking Pelosi enough. I'm sure that's impeachable.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join