It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump is able to avoid war, will he get any credit?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If the replies in this thread and others are any indication, then OP, I believe you have your answer.

The left will just call Trump a coward.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If the replies in this thread and others are any indication, then OP, I believe you have your answer.

The left will just call Trump a coward.

oh they have
and will continue so
at this point it is all they have
he is beating them on a daily basis now

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Did you even read how this drastic option was only put on the list so that Trump would chose one of the other options?
But noooooo. He goes for the most drastic option on the list.

Really? Where did you hear that? The state dept, DOD, and Trump administration who were all involved with this situation statements greatly differs from your statement. What is your source?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: network dude
Well yes but with pictures because capt bone spurs has a short attention span.
And a limited vocabulary.

with each post, you solidify your appearance as so much more than just the average joke.

Bone spurs Biden said he liked you and thought your posts were great.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Haha yeah lots of rich kids got out of service by sitting behind a desk.
They took up space and not the astrological kind.
Then Uncle Sam decided that wasn't going to fly any longer so out came the doctors notes excusing Johnny from service.

You know if that was true that he had foot issues it would have been better if he had been rejected by the service rather than run away from it.

Go visit the wall and tell your story to those brave souls. Go to Pearl harbor and tell those men under the water still.

edit on 182020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

No, they'll call him a coward. He needs to go ahead and wipe every terror leader off of this Earth. He'll be in our good graces and will lose with the vehemently hateful left no matter what he does.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If trump killed Hitler the left would protest.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

originally posted by: bastion
Credit for what? He withdrew from the nuclear agreement when his own advisors and intel told him there's no evidence Iran was making a bomb.

He instigated and escalated the current tensions by assassinating the Iranian envoy while Iran, Saudi and Iraq were conducting peace/de-escalisation talks after Trumps actions and withdrawl from the nuclear agreement.

Are you ok with Iran stoning to death gays. Did you know if a Muslim born converts to another religion they are executed in Iran. If you are not ok with that why would you want to work out anything with them at all and keep their system thriving and improving?

How is that relevant to recent events or my post?

Read the US assesment of Suleiman, he was a moderate who rarely if ever attended mosque, he's been replaced by a hardline extremist and his killing is being used as a propaganda tool to try and get the Iranian populace to back the mad mullahs and also used by various jihadi groups.

He should have been arrested for breaking UN travel sanctions and crimes against humanity.

The strategy Trump used only works if the generals and leadership don't have replacements, which they do and on the basis that the Iranian leadership is sane or gives a # about the Iranian populace and isn't willing to sacrifice them all in order to maintain their power - which for the past 50 years they've repeatedly proven they're bat# mental.

All this has achieved is unite all US allies in condemning the US for warmongering and proving the US had learnt nothing since Iraq.

Did you even read how this drastic option was only put on the list so that Trump would chose one of the other options?
But noooooo. He goes for the most drastic option on the list.

That's a myth, the most extreme option was deployment of 140,000 troops. It was presented to Trump around 13th - 17th Dec. It was the second most extreme option out of the several available to him.
edit on 8-1-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts
Not according to those present.

He didn't think any of the other options made him "look" strong enough.

Now we have to deal with his impulsiveness and this time it's not something we're all laughing about.
This isn't covfefe or oranges.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

this is much more for the room than you, as you likely would never grasp it.

Trump may have evaded service in Viet Nam, but he is serving now. And unlike his proposed service in Viet Nam, any and all actions he takes in his current role have massive consequences. And most of the idiots here who think they know better would be crying in a corner covered in their own filth if they were put in that position. At least from my arm chair, that's how I see it.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: AaarghZombies

I guess you didn't hear that the reason Trump responded as he did was because Iran attacked and killed an American contractor a week earlier before the attack on the embassy. He weighed his options on how to respond and that is why the attack on the terrorist general was expediently and efficiently taken out. It was not a rushed emotional response.

Wasting your time. He has access to a massive intel arsenal yet people really believe he's just making whimsical decisions...meh. Even as a young LT in Afghanistan I had pages and pages of intel before an IED hunting patrol.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty
Hitler is already dead.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The mainstream media (CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, NY Times etc) will NEVER say anything positive about Trump regardless of what he does. Neither will any progressive/liberal/leftist/Democrat.

They hate him far too much and every single person associated with him, with such a deep passion, they ignore the assaults that happen several times a month for the past 3 years on conservatives wearing MAGA hats.

Trump could bring about world peace and these people would be angry that he "imposed the US will" on the rest of the world.

They would find a way to twist it into something very ugly out of their hate, loathing, disgust at Trump and every single conservative person in the United States. Their abject hatred of everyone conservative runs that deep, in my opinion.

I have written Trump encouraging him to withdraw entirely from the region, except for Israel. In my opinion, the people in that region have been killing each other over religion for thousands of years and they will continue to kill each other over religion regardless of what anyone does or does not do. Russia found that out after 15 years of trying to stop it and they withdrew. It is my opinion, let them kill each other because there is zip, zero, nada that will stop it.

I also wrote to Trump saying that he should tell those countries, that for every US citizen attacked, there will be a swift and powerful response after withdrawal. We don't need to be in those countries to fly in targeted drones. We have good air power that can travel great distances and target precisely. I also said that he should warn them that any attack on US soil will be meet with harsh and great power. Fortunately, the world believes Trump will do what he says, unlike Obama. Trump definitely walks softly but carries a big stick. He WOULD do what he promises, no doubt, and I have no doubt the middle east will believe him fully.

We don't need to be there to take out people who attack US citizens simply and only because they are US citizens anymore. We have lots of ways to handle it. From targeted drones flown in by stealth, to Delta Force, and Special Forces, etc.

We need to get out, stop buying their oil, we don't need it anymore. Thanks to Trump.

Let the Middle East destroy itself as it has been trying to do for thousands of years.

But protect Israel as it is surrounded by countries who want it totally annihilated and needs our help.

I don't care if Democrats hate the Jews as many Congresspeople have expressed, that country needs our help, the rest can take themselves to he double toothpicks as far as I am concerned.

edit on 1/8/20 by The2Billies because: spelling format

edit on 1/8/20 by The2Billies because: spelling format

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Go visit the wall and tell your story to those brave souls. Go to Pearl harbor and tell those men under the water still.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Yeah you're so beyond my ken perhaps you should have addressed it to the "room" instead.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I have a lot of family who were in the service and many that are currently. None of them condemn anyone who found a way to avoid a draft. They are all volunteers. On those who could not avoid deployment, they do praise them.

They do understand that the choice to defend one's country especially overseas is not made lightly. They don't denigrate anyone who is unable to do that physically but supports them in other ways on the home front.

What pisses them off are those unappreciative hypocrites who bad mouth their service to our country and turn their backs on them.
edit on 1 8 2020 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

It's relevant. By giving them access to nuclear, tech, money they are not going to change anything in regards to abuses of human rights. It will get worse that's why. Nothing in those agreements was tied to improving human rights in their country. I have a serious problem with that as a US tax payer. I don't want my money going to any country doing that stuff.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
Fake except for the very real tears I wept at both of those sites. Don't you mock my emotions. That's the lowest of blows.
You know nothing about me!
Go back to your mothers basement.

edit on 182020 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Fake except for the very real tears I wept at both of those sites. Don't you mock my emotions. That's the lowest of blows.

wow
interesting retort
fact filled

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You sound like quite the patriot, I guess.

Who knew?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join