It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump is able to avoid war, will he get any credit?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm of the belief that no matter what he does, those who hate him will contort, twist, and flop their way into finding a negative and some way to bash him. They hate, for the sake of hating. But at this time, EVERYONE is saying the same thing. Iran doesn't want war. Trump doesn't want war. The haters claim to not want war, but knowing that Trump's stance is that, it's likely to change completely.

War is idiotic. People die, regular people, us. Buildings are destroyed, sometimes amazing structures that should be preserved for future generations to marvel at. Lives are disrupted. And in the end, the side who lost the lest, wins. Yay! I have seen what war can do. No, I have never been engaged in war, I have never fired a weapon at a person for any reason. But while I was in the USAF, we flew into Sarajevo to drop supplies. On the approach, we flew over the city, or what was left of it. Mostly destroyed homes. People moving around pushing their last worldly possessions in a shopping cart. And from the looks of them, they weren't aggressors in any way. More like the remnants of a town decimated by a stupid war. We flew into Croatia, and saw what I thought was the most beautiful landscape I had ever seen. A winery overlooking huge cliffs and massive waves crashing far below. Not long after my visit, I was told that too, was decimated and erased. Was that considered a win, or a loss?

The point is, war isn't the way to progress. I believe Trump knows that, and his opposition to it has to do with the human cost. Ruling a nation with that kind of conscience must be hell. I wish those who flippantly throw armchair comments would try to put themselves in that place for a moment, before the jaws flap.

If you are spiritual, please pray for peace not war. Hope and Pray that the leaders of other nations also understand and fear the human cost of war. And try to remember your stance on all this, so when you decide to guzzle that hatoraid once more, you realize it's what causes that ugly look on your face, not the President. And don't be afraid to offer that rare praise for someone doing the right thing.
edit on 8-1-2020 by network dude because: fixed error

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm of the belief that no matter what he does, those who hate him will contort, twist, and flop their way into finding a negative and some way to bash him.

What was your first clue amigo?

I'm sorry derogatory your honor please strike from the record.

SnF
edit on 8-1-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I'll give him credit if he avoids war.

This was a tricky situation... But I don't know if he'll be able to after saying what retaliation he'd take if they hit us.

I have my fingers crossed no Americans were hurt though... And if that's the case, they must have clearly hit without targeting us to keep cards on the table.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
No, they'll either still call him a coward, or a war monger for his actions, despite the fact that he's been anything but that.

And when faced w the facts of Obamas horrific record in comparison they'll call names, reject facts and continue their blind march against trump

Edit: bonus theyll then find a way to call him weak and inept if the warmonger part doesn't pan out
edit on 8-1-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I like what he says about Iran here.

It's weird to see his same wise soul in a younger body.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

The left will call him a coward if there is no war.

As much as the MSM, pundits, anti-Trumpers have been pro-Iran, pro-peace, if there is no war look for a 180 degree flip and have the same MSM and pundits calling for war and branding Trump a coward.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Credit?

Sorry, but you don't get credit for avoiding a war that you almost started. That's like asking for credit not giving somebody a concussion after you've walked up behind them and slugged them with a baseball bat.

Trump could have avoided a war simply by going golfing instead. Or sleeping in, or literally anything else.

War with Iran isn't inevitable, it's an artificially created situation caused by hawks in Washington demanding that nobody have greater regional influence than America.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Credit?

Sorry, but you don't get credit for avoiding a war that you almost started. That's like asking for credit not giving somebody a concussion after you've walked up behind them and slugged them with a baseball bat.

Trump could have avoided a war simply by going golfing instead. Or sleeping in, or literally anything else.

War with Iran isn't inevitable, it's an artificially created situation caused by hawks in Washington demanding that nobody have greater regional influence than America.

My thoughts exactly. You don't get credit for getting us out of the trouble you got us into.

He has to go. NOW !

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He is a coward. Mr. Bone spurs.
Everyone knows that he cheated his way out of selective service just like he cheats at everything.
Everyone knows.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The haters are going to want the opposite of whatever Trump does. Personally I prefer peace, but that doesn’t mean reward Iran’s bad behavior with a palette of cash.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Everyone knows that he cheated his way out of selective service just like he cheats at everything.
Everyone knows.

Same as Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders right?

Right???

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

If Trump is able to avoid war, will he get any credit?

Please define "war" and "avoid" in this context.

Trump cannot formally and officially declare war. Only Congress can do so. And, of course, Iran can declare "war" in any case. Trump has no control or authority over either Congress or Iran.

But Trump has already committed an "act of war," even if no war has been declared. Weapons of war have been used -- even if no war has been declared. People have died -- even if no war has been declared.

Isn't this really just semantics? Trump is already engaged in acts of "war"... it just hasn't been formally declared.

So has Trump "avoided" war if no one declares it a war?

What, exactly, should Trump get "credit" for?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Credit?

My thoughts exactly. You don't get credit for getting us out of the trouble you got us into.

He has to go. NOW !

Oh look....another pair of lips for the Ayatollah ass kissing tour.
Anti-American terrorist sympathizer.
edit on 8-1-2020 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Credit?

What would you have done. Sounds like you would do nothing if an embassy is attacked. Doesn't impact you right. Nobody in the embassy you personally care about. Just remember this; if you were in there he would have tried to save you and prevent more attacks.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Everyone knows that he cheated his way out of selective service

Obviously you can't prove that statement, just like you can't back up anything you say on these boards.

I'm assuming you also think the mentally challenged are cheating their way through school "acting" like it's hard to learn right? People like you, that judge people based on their disadvantages in life are disgusting.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Why would he get credit for avoiding a war he had provoked ?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Pretty much this. Trump escalated this situation, and based on his words he intends to escalate further.

If we're able to avoid war it seems like it will be in spite of Trump.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Why would he get credit for avoiding a war he had provoked ?

Would you give him credit if you were in the embassy being attacked. If he called in the calvary and twarted it. I don't like Obama but I would have given him credit if he stopped Bebghazi and saved me. Unfortunately I would be dead.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Credit for what? He withdrew from the nuclear agreement when his own advisors and intel told him there's no evidence Iran was making a bomb.

He instigated and escalated the current tensions by assassinating the Iranian envoy while Iran, Saudi and Iraq were conducting peace/de-escalisation talks after Trumps actions and withdrawl from the nuclear agreement.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Everyone knows.

So you believe that volunteering to die for corporate interests on some God forsaken foreign land is somehow better than avoiding it?

Call me a coward too. Because no way in hell would I join the US Military to become their pawn and test subject for new chemicals.

Nonetheless...do you know for 100% certainty that he doesn't have the medical issue that got him a waiver, or did you just drink the magic 8 ball juice this morning?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join