It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

52 targets or B-52 targets perhaps

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   
This article got me thinking.

www.thedrive.com...

I was trying to think of exactly what you would do with six B-52's if you were going to bring them from Diego Garcia over to Iran.

At maximum altitude and well within International airspace you could drop 210 of our 1-ton laser-guided munitions anywhere inside the state of Iran that you wanted to. They won't show up on radar and GPS jamming will not help and stop them from hitting their targets.

When President Trump said 52 targets may he have actually meant B-52 target

GBU-15 1 ton laser-guided bomb 35 bombs per B-52 x 6 equals 210 precision-targeted bombs in one flight.

They could do huge damage with little collateral damage and no way to stop them.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   
He said it was symbolic of the hostages.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The equivalent of holding a midget at arms-length...
Yay Merica!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I guess the round of exchanging fire is over for time being and we can all return to our usual war mongering.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:36 AM
link   
www.westernjournal.com... ism&utm_content=2020-01-07&utm_campaign=manualpost&fbclid=IwAR3Z-eW8PfuyM_LvgbgUtByKnjuQMD0h74R7RBbGZWY0ZdCa92CI4gJDceM

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:39 AM
link   
They wouldn't deploy free fall munitions from a BUFF as that would require them to penetrate hostile airspace and make them easy targets even for our old F-14s they still have. Most likely the B-52s carry long rang missiles (AGM-86 CALCM) they can launch at a standoff range. IIRC a B-52 can carry up to 20 of these.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Well, well, the 6 B52s are deployed now... So, whaddaya know... hopefully nothing

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Operation Desert Glass will be commencing shortly get your popcorn ready!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
that was Trump's cryptic way to say he'll down a Boeing plane at less than 50k feet after take off..
and cultural sites
edit on 8-1-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Needs citation.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

nah... you'd just go into D mode

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: Gothmog

nah... you'd just go into D mode

I didn't pull it , you did.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

that was Trump's cryptic way to say he'll down a Boeing plane at less than 50k feet after take off.. and cultural sites

"For Neptune's sake , speak the King's English" - Gunny on Spongebob.
Needs citation.

edit on 1/8/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

GBU-15 bombs can glide a long way nowadays and are laser or camera guided during the terminal phase. More than 3 decades ago when I was in we were guiding in bombs over 24 miles dropped by F-14s flying not nearly as high as a B-52 can go. These were dropped in the air space of a friendly nation but glided to their target well inside the target nation. The US can hit any target within about 30 miles of the drop site with these. There are bases ringed in every direction around Iran. It is just one possible ordinance package of course as lots of higher penetration systems are available.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The F-14s are equipped with the Iranian version of the improved AIM-54. The original Phoenix had a 100nm range. The Fakour-90, that is based on the Phoenix has a range in excess of 180 miles. The GBU-15 has a nominal range of 15 miles. The B-52s wouldn't even get close to their targets.

The AGM-86 was officially retired last year. It was replaced by the AGM-158 JASSM/JASSM-ER. They lose range compared to the CALCM, but they gain the advantage of it being LO.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I wonder how many of these they could fit within a B-52. They look pretty small.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

nothing now is going to happen iran as done what it wanted and now the U.S can say you hit nothing to bad so its not worth the situation to get any more dangerous so thats it END off

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Twelve on the wings, and eight internally on the CRL.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I wouldn't be using B-52s to strike in Iran.

Those things are grandpa's compared to modern craft.

Even with modern retrofits Russian SAMs would have a field day with them, as they did in Vietnam.

B-2 is what I would use.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
The equivalent of holding a midget at arms-length...
Yay Merica!

Don't knock it unless you've tried it, even better if the midget is unwilling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join