It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian 737 down in Iran

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: CthruU

Not necessarily no. Not all of them were exposed to high heat like the rest of the wreckage. What would be the point of adding shrapnel holes after the fact?

To shift the blame away or towards, why else?

And - that would be why it had to come down so soon of course for the implementation of that shift after the fact.

Those holes inside circumference should be tarnished without doubt.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

No they shouldn't. Not all of them. So, the Iranians have a plane crash purely coincidentally in an area that the US couldn't have done it, and immediately run out and put fake shrapnel holes in it to shift the blame towards themselves? And that makes sense to you?
edit on 1/8/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Tragic accident. Should have stuck with what they do best attacking soft targets and retreating. Defense systems require a high level of expertise, spade tight controls and constant realistic mock training. Without that, "Shaking Hands With Danger", a common video the US Army watches before even touching anything that explodes.

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Iran is refusing to turn over the black box. And Ukraine just announced it was not engine failure that caused the crash. Crazy...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Starwatcher
Iran is refusing to turn over the black box. And Ukraine just announced it was not engine failure that caused the crash. Crazy...

images.spot.im... rLX1JnhvKC2w0_4FFEa0FEIc0ouk9Xwo

images.spot.im... MzfEG16UHEtlvyktQ1vUcsVGwm82LrFs

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

the poor people on that aircraft trying to get to safety to be taken out by the aircraft.

my heart goes out to them and i hope their soul find peace somehow.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Just listening to this on the (Radio 4 UK) news.

Iran now have the black box and the cockpit recorder. Apparently the plane was likely to have suffered a massive failure shortly after take-off. The actual plane in question was well maintained and modern.
There is a question over the crash investigation. Iran and Ukraine will obviously be involved, but the situation between Iran and the US may complicate the involvement of Boeing US.

Regardless of the cause, air crashes are real tragedies because of the large loss of life.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The Iranian people gonna be pissed when US based companies refuse to fly there because their ayatollah controlled, religion based Govt made some dumbass calls.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

A massive failure brought on by a SAM impact.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

Iran was already pushing any N numbered aircraft out of their airspace. That included one that declared minimum fuel for direct routing, and was still pushed clear of Iranian airspace.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: paraphi

A massive failure brought on by a SAM impact.

Was it the flaming wreckage crashing down that gave it away?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

not going to take a second for the people who had nothing to do with it but died a terrifying death.......continue on

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Kind of surprised Ukraine isn't publicly demanding the black boxes be given to them...seeing as how it was their plane.

Would seem Ukraine has legal right to them. Act of war?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Not sure if posted yet but this appears to be passenger list:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Kind of surprised Ukraine isn't publicly demanding the black boxes be given to them...seeing as how it was their plane.

Article 26 of the Convention on International Civil Aviation (Chicago Convention) states that, in the event of an accident to an aircraft of a Contracting State occurring in another Contracting State, and involving either death, serious injury, or serious technical defect in the aircraft or air navigation facilities, the State in which the accident occurs will institute an inquiry into the circumstances of the accident.

A State which has a special interest in an accident, by virtue of fatalities or serious injuries to its citizens for instance, is entitled to appoint an expert entitled to: visit the scene of the accident; have access to the relevant factual information which is approved for public release by the State conducting the investigation,...

More...

www.icao.int...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The interesting caveat being...."which is approved for public release by the State conducting the investigation,..."

ETA - Quick find BTW! Thanks!

edit on 1/8/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
So it has already gotten to "shoot down" here.

Hmmm

In that then it has CIA written all over it.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I had hopped this would slow the roll on the tensions but I am thinking now it will be morphed into part of the violence to keep it from dying down. I really hope not.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
In that then it has CIA written all over it.

Some covert op if the CIA managed to sneak in a SAM launcher and fire it.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Well, depends on how Iran reacts. If they stay with 'technical problems' then things might be okay (sort of). On the other hand, if Iran pivots and suddenly starts saying the US shot the airliner down, well, that's a whole other matter.

For my part, I'd love to see a Q&A discussion with the guy who shot that twitter video (if he's still alive). I'd love to hear what prompted him to start recording video! I doubt he was just walking down the street capturing video in the dark.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join