It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian 737 down in Iran

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

This is one of my new favorites from that account.

Chief of #Iran's Civil Aviation Organization: The issue of missile hitting #Ukranian passenger #plane is scientifically impossible and has no logic...Dozens of foreign and Iranian planes were flying simultaneously at that time in Iranian airspace at the 8000 feet.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That account has a lot of good info, seems like more rockets launched today and the fact that investigator's can't get to the site.

Major astrological events going exact this weekend, I'm in gold and silver.

The big move in bonds in the last 2 hours tells me something is developing. It's highly unusual for bonds to make a 180 like that mid day with something developing.

More to come folks.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Clone23
The commercial airlines should really stop flying their aircraft over areas where combat is or could occur. Especially if there are so many anti-aircraft weapons around.

I haven't read the whole thread, so this may have already been asked, but...

Did Iran formally inform the Airport this was going to happen, and to shut down all flights? If so, who told them to resume?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   
already posted ?? video of the missil impact with the plane

twitter.com...
edit on 9-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

There was a one hour delay, which may have been due to their operations against Al-Asad and Erbil, but then it appeared back to ops normal.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: tanstaafl

There was a one hour delay, which may have been due to their operations against Al-Asad and Erbil, but then it appeared back to ops normal.

Aargh... so, most likely gross incompetence, extremely poor judgement, extremely bad communications, or all three.

My heart goes out to those impacted by this tragedy... and hopefully this will be one more nail in the Iranian regimes coffin. And with Trump in charge, he won't be installing any American CIA puppet if the people overthrow the Shah, but will support them in their efforts at self-determination.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

We are analyzing this new video supposedly showing a mid-air explosion. By our initial estimation, the video shows an apartment block in western Parand (35.489414, 50.906917), facing northeast. This perspective is directed approximately towards the known trajectory of #PS752.

By measuring the time that it took for the camera to hear the explosion, we estimated the distance of the event (red circle), and cross-referenced it with the geolocation of the video and the flight trajectory of #PS752 (taken from from FlightRadar24).

twitter.com...

Geolocation of the video does match up.

Google Map Link

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Chief of #Iran's Civil Aviation Organization: The issue of missile hitting #Ukranian passenger #plane is scientifically impossible and has no logic...Dozens of foreign and Iranian planes were flying simultaneously at that time in Iranian airspace at the 8000 feet.

mobile.twitter.com...

Its hilarious. let me get the link for the SA-15 stats.
www.globalsecurity.org...

Well over 8,000 ft it can get. max altitude is 12,000 meters. thats cruising altitude for passenger plane most of the time isnt it?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well, the Canadian PM has said the airliner was shot down.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said he had received intelligence from multiple sources indicating that the plane was shot down by an Iranian surface-to air missile, adding that it was possible that this was unintentional.

BBC Source
Other souce CBC

Meanwhile, Iran continue to deny and have (apparently) started bulldozing the crash site. Maybe Putin can advise the Iranians on how to deny shooting down an airliner.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Anyone else think it's a bit suspicious that the Iranian President tweeted a reference to Iran Air Flight 655 just a few days before this plane gets shot down?

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

Strange you should mention that, using that incident in comparison to this, if indeed it is an accidental shoot down:

When questioned in a 2000 BBC documentary, the U.S. government stated in a written answer that they believed the incident may have been caused by a simultaneous psychological condition amongst the eighteen bridge crew of Vincennes, called "scenario fulfillment", which is said to occur when persons are under pressure. In such a situation, the men will carry out a training scenario, believing it to be reality while ignoring sensory information that contradicts the scenario. In the case of this incident, the scenario was an attack by a lone military aircraft.[31]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

the bodies recovered immediately after the Iranian shoot down/ crash were almost all naked,and smelling of rot. The transponder in the records showed it as f-14 from Iran initially. it was a set up to get the US out of the conflict in the gulf.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Clone23

Depending on the missile they'd fire them in pairs to be sure.

The Russian S-75 radar control can control up to three missiles to go after the same target.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180
What if the U.S thought it was a Iranian bomber taking off and shot it down?

It wasn't the U.S.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

the bodies recovered immediately after the Iranian shoot down/ crash were almost all naked,and smelling of rot. The transponder in the records showed it as f-14 from Iran initially. it was a set up to get the US out of the conflict in the gulf.

Anything to back this up?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

mobile.twitter.com...

Its hilarious. let me get the link for the SA-15 stats.
www.globalsecurity.org...

Well over 8,000 ft it can get. max altitude is 12,000 meters. thats cruising altitude for passenger plane most of the time isnt it?

No, I think they cruise much higher than that. (edit), my mistake, confused meters with ft.
edit on 9-1-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

It's similar to the shoot-shoot- look the Aegis uses. Fire two, to make it harder to dodge one, then wait to see if you need to fire more.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That's 39,000 feet. The average passenger aircraft only goes up to about 41,000 or so.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yes, my bad, confused meters with feet.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

It was reported not long after, then disappeared. I remember hearing it as well, but haven't been able to find it since.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join