It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian 737 down in Iran

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Drone is so beyond remote in my opinion it's not even funny.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Reading the Ukrainian investigators are now looking into possibly Russia shooting it down.

A Ukrainian official said Thursday the country is considering a Russian missile strike as one of several possible causes for a Ukrainian passenger plane crash that happened shortly after the flight took off from Tehran’s international airport early Wednesday morning.

[url=https://www.foxnews.com/world/ukrainian-passenger-plane-never-radioed-for-help-before-crash-black-boxes-damaged-iranian-investigators-say]Source[ /url]

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Not Russia, Russian made missile. Big difference. Russia supplies pretty much all the weapons that Iran buys from outside sources.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ukrainian investigators find no signs of engine failure:

Currently, I am observing both aircraft engines - and I do not see any signs of fire on them. Fragments of the right wing were brought here - there are also no signs of fire there. That is, the version of engine malfunction, engine explosion, is not currently confirmed.

Подробности читайте на УНИАН: www.unian.net...

www.unian.net...

Also, the Iranians appear to be bulldozing the wreckage:

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The engine internals are shrouded to protect the fuel lines and regulators from catastrophic turbine failure.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The Ukrainian flight that crashed just outside the Iranian capital of Tehran was struck by an anti-aircraft missile system, a Pentagon official, a senior U.S. intelligence official and an Iraqi intelligence official told Newsweek.

Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752, a Boeing 737–800 en route from Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airpot to Kyiv's Boryspil International Airport, stopped transmitting data Tuesday just minutes after takeoff and not long after Iran launched missiles at military bases housing U.S. and allied forces in neighboring Iraq. The aircraft is believed to have been struck by a Russia-built Tor-M1 surface-to-air missile system, known to NATO as Gauntlet, the three officials, who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, told Newsweek.

www.newsweek.com...

CBS news: US officials are confident Ukrainian airliner was shot down by #Iran. US intelligence picked up signals of the radar being turned on, detected infrared blips of two missile launches (likely SA-15s) followed shortly by another infrared blip of an explosion.

twitter.com...
edit on 9/1/2020 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Satellite image of missile hitting plane? Just breaking....

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RMFX1

originally posted by: Ove38
The war stopped because of the plane

No it didn't.

And by the way the war didn't even start, what are you talking about?

Ok, the war didn't start because of the plane

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
So looks like Iran missed every US service member on purpose but took out 176 innocents by mistake.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The US scrubbed their satellite data and saw two infrared missile launches followed by an infrared blip of an explosion.

This could be a fog of war type accidental shoot down. ATS and other sites suspected this over 12 hours ago...

Two things I don't understand:

1. Aircraft were already regularly flying out of this airport. Was there something strange about this Ukrainian 737?

2. Why do they let commercial airlines fly over combat, or possible combat zones?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So I saw this pic earlier and had no data at proof as to where it was from:

The only thing I could go by was that container laying upside down beside it...looked like a food container of some sort. So I looked up Ukraine International food and they do have containers that appear similar to that one.:

The guy that originally put that pic up appeared to be Iranian and said this was in his town, which would had to have been somewhere near point of intersection of missile and plane. I haven't looked at any of that yet....but if there is a town close to where the plane began its return to the airport we could likely find satellite images and see if there is a waterway similar to the one this part of a missile is sitting in.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Maybe they could have missed every US service member by mistake, AND took out 176 innocents by mistake!

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Clone23

Could have been their transponder switched off for whatever reason, and the Iranian air defenses saw a radar contact with no civilian aircraft identification so they shot it down thinking it was an unfriendly retaliating for their hours old missile attack on Iraq.

This might also explain why there was no radio contact, possible electrical failure of some sort.

It is also not unheard of to have ATC instruct an aircraft to turn off their transponder when there is a conflict between two aircraft transponders.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Pretty good deduction, I'd say.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The seeker head was supposedly found in Parand.

Edit: Good spot with the tray.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
An Ukrainian team is already at the site examining the wreckage but the MSM is reporting the black box may also be sent to France or Canada to help read the data if necessary.

Of course they could also look for traces of explosives on the wreckage, like MH17.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com... rce=fbCNN&utm_content=2020-01-09T17%3A07%3A28&fbclid=IwAR22vZ6DxqAhf7BYOZfQRZSs-ERa3NdNcznm8c4rK-AXZB8cqbOGf_jtSQY well per cnn via US intelegence it seems it was 2 s15s that took down the air liner

The US increasingly believes that Iran mistakenly shot down a Ukrainian airliner, according to multiple US officials. The working theory is based on continuing analysis of data from satellites, radar and electronic data collected routinely by US military and intelligence. The flight was downed following Iranian strikes on US forces in Iraq. Iran’s Civil Aviation Organization head, Ali Abedzadeh, said it would not hand the flight data recorders to Boeing or the United States after they were found on Wednesday.

2nd link www.businessinsider.com... cebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-insider-main&fbclid=IwAR1A2ZR4mp2IXdREeo7THLQUexU6Ay3-XFOgd4JO9Kk4lyglaCAJ3n5kzyg

CBS News reports that US officials are confident that Iran shot down Flight 752, explaining that US intelligence detected anti-aircraft radars turning on prior to the crash. Satellites reportedly detected two infrared blips, suspected to be SA-15 missile launches, that were followed by another blip, the aircraft explosion. CNN confirmed CBS and Newsweek's reporting, and two US officials told the Associated Press that it was "highly likely" that the aircraft was downed by an Iranian anti-aircraft missile.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Don't know how to get video on here but appears to show the missile impact:

twitter.com...
edit on 9/1/2020 by RexKramerPRT because: clarification

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Here's another one:

Edit: I noticed you meant the missile impact. The plane was already on fire when the second flare up occurred. Could it be the second missile, structural failure leading to more fuel igniting or secondary fuel explosions?

What I posted was obviously the ground impact of a already flaming aircraft...
edit on 9-1-2020 by Clone23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Wow. Nice find. Looks like you picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join