It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BAFTA's** and the same old complaints Get over it!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

I would be more than happy to gain a role in a box office hit, get paid and not receive a BAFTA!

# ME TOO.......

What they get for one film I would probably get less in my whole working life time!

Maybe the Actresses/Actors just weren't good enough in their respective roles to be nominated!

God forbid anyone were to tell them that, their ego's couldn't take

that
they would end up in rehab.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you aren't nominated or winning on talent alone, then you shouldn't even be there. It's the most basic thing!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yea.. not sure how to respond to a post that pretends racism doesn't still effect anyone. Black people still disproportionately in jail for drug charges.

Yes we should all be equal but being equal acknowledges the very unequal treatments of the past that still effect today.

The past isn't just the past because it still effects today. It's just sad that white people just spam "all colors matter" as a way to discount all past crimes done against minorities.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Sooo, what should we do?

Speed limts are what they are, but for blacks they are 10 mph faster? Unless, of course, black people are caught speeding, then we can make them even faster.

The grades are what they are in school, you know, unless black people cannot manage to learn to those standards, then the B becomes an A, and the C becomes a B, and so on and so forth, but the standards stay the same for everyone except blacks. Unless, you know, blacks are still failing, then we click it down even another notch, but just for blacks only.

For any other group, you'd look at that and call it patronizing and racist, but because blacks had a dark time in their racial history (let's not even talk about the history of the Chinese in this country and ignore how they excel today), this is somehow now even racist, it's just called rectifying racial injustice or something.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
Yea.. not sure how to respond to a post that pretends racism doesn't still effect anyone

Some people carry a chip on their shoulders and when things don't go their

way they can't cope with it as it is......so they feel better if they can think

It wasn't my fault It's because I'm ...... ugly, fat, black too short, too tall,

or any other combinations.

I personally dont subscribe to this current PC culture of loving/getting on with

everyone. I dont and I wont pretend too, I tend to drift toward people I have

things in common with. A more natural state of play in my view.

Black people still disproportionately in jail for drug charges.

But are they? can that be proved? Just because there are more black people

in jail doesn't mean there is a bias.... just means of all those caught and gone

to court (equal trial/justice) more blacks have been found guilty in the same

justice system
?

Yes we should all be equal but being equal acknowledges the very unequal treatments of the past that still effect today.

*EQUAL* Now thats an odd word meaning *the same*

We can be treated equally but none of us are the same, we have the same

opportunities but not all of us use the opportunities we get. How many

never made use of the education they were given then complain the jobs

they now want are unavailable to them

What happened to personal responsibility?

The past isn't just the past because it still effects today. It's just sad that white people just spam "all colors matter" as a way to discount all past crimes done against minorities.

There are white minorities too who have never made use of opportunity.

You are being disingenuous by inferring that only blacks come under

the label minorities and to those black people who have defied all odds

to get to the top.

Nelson Mandella
Barack Obama
Martin Luther King
Opra Winfrey
Mohammad Ali
James Baldwin
Arthur Ash
Tiger Woods
Diana Ross................etc...etc....etc.....

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Bluntone22

White male altheletes and models were never historically opressed. Yes.. black panther doesn't really deserve an award, but i don't get why white people refuse to acknowledge the large history or racism across media and other platforms like the legal system.

While the notion of white privilege can go too extreme, it still does not not discount how minorities were treated unfairly and how it may still effect them today.

But what does that have to do with determining which movie is best or who’s the best director? Now if someone wants to hold an event that awards the best black director or best female cinematographer, more power to ‘em.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

This is why I've always liked sports.

It gets pretty darn hard to argue about the best. You line up, you play, and someone wins. On that day, that person (or team) was the best. Of course, put the same people on the line another day, and which one is the best can change, but at that single moment, that person (or team) is the best.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join