It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stampede at Iranian Funeral Procession for Suleimani kills 56

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
Wonder how long til some people blame that on Trump too?

I'm surprised they're not blaming Trump for gas going up thirty cents today. I'm glad I filled up yesterday.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Look on the bright side. If they have an equally large funeral for those folks, there could be more stampedes. They will end up wiping themselves out before our missiles do the job

Now THAT is satire!

It would also make a brilliant Monty Python sketch!

edit on 7-1-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   
People dont stampede at a funeral, however if you get enough desperate people together with the promises of money, clothing, free stuff etc they will.

Actual funeral mourners or paid masses?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
People dont stampede at a funeral, however if you get enough desperate people together with the promises of money, clothing, free stuff etc they will.

Did you see the funeral pic? Looked to be 10’s of thousands jammed together, reminded me of Woodstock. I could easily imagine people getting trampled under foot.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Dbl
edit on 8-1-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Do you think any of those riot starters we have in the US caused the stampede? Just throwing that out there as a conspiracy...like US terrorism in the ME.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Retarded Hydra....

Thanks for the belly laugh!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
Do you think any of those riot starters we have in the US caused the stampede? Just throwing that out there as a conspiracy...like US terrorism in the ME.

No.

People get crushed at soccer games, and I imagine this is similar, but c'mon! How do you work up that kind of emotional response at a funeral? That's supposed to be a somber and solemn occasion; absolutely the opposite of what you're feeling in a soccer crush.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

NBC News...I guess that’s why my question of whether they were holding little pocket mirrors to place under his nose was the cause of the stampede was not answered. So probably someone said there was a bonus $20 if you touch that casket on camera while wailing.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Stampedes .... How about openly gunning down those who didn't want to participate - maybe that is why there was a stampede
Twitterverse

Iranian soldiers open fire on civilians refusing to attend Soleimani funeral (raw footage)…

Stampedes is the least of the Mullahs issues

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
But if we get dragged into a drawn out military presence, the region has taught us insurgents will just tag us here and there.

I don't see that happening. Worst case, we engage in full scale bombing runs, but no boots on the ground, no 'invasion', just defensive and offensive attacks until they are dust, or they cry uncle.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: StratosFear

Did you see the funeral pic? Looked to be 10’s of thousands jammed together, reminded me of Woodstock. I could easily imagine people getting trampled under foot.

Ive been in the thickest of mosh pits at the rowdiest Ozzfests imaginable, rarely did anyone get trampled. Those made everything Woodstock did look like arts and crafts after Sunday school.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
His death was all American
American Drone
American missile
American truck to haul his remains to the dirt nap site. Chevy to be exact.

So American

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, socker games and fires.

One fire: On Nov. 28, 1942, a fire at the Cocoanut Grove nightclub in Boston killed 492 people. Most victims suffocated or were trampled to death.

People moving rapidly, get constricted at inadequate exits or entrances. The pressure keeps rising as the people behind push, they weaken, lose oxygen and succumb to falling on the floor and the crowd does them in, in a frenzy to get out of there.

Terrible scenario, for sure.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Does anyone think Iran is a military super power? I think the real concern would be yet another drawn out occupancy.

I don’t think this will grow into that type of conflict though, cooler heads will prevail.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join