It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon says Iran attacked two Iraqi bases housing US forces

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Anyone find it suspicious iran was hit with an earthquake by a controversial nuclear plant this morning?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This is the craziest chicken little thread I have seen in years. Iran sneaking a submarine close enough to get a nuke off to the US? LMAO!!!!! People have no idea about military capability if they see this as anything more than a yippy little dog (Iranian Govt) nipping at the bigger dog (US military) and running away. Iran wouldn't dare actually hurt the US. How many Americans were killed in this current conflict? How many Iranian terrorists? They are not that stupid.

edit on 8-1-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

Personally i don't see Iran managing to sink anything other than a few oil tankers or commercial vessels should they decide to use their submarine force offensively, but that would be enough to provoke one hell of a serious response from the US and her allies.

Nobody is going to use nukes for anything short of a full-scale invasion and occupation of Tehran or if somehow Iran did manage to sink say a carrier.

Iran may well indeed be afraid of the US, kind of stupid nevermind counterproductive in the extreme, not to be scared of the most powerful military force on the planet, but that fear also contains a rather a large modicum of hatred, and thats not a good combination nor baggage to be carrying around.

Keeping in mind nobody thought America would be silly enough to take out what amounts to the ayatollah's right-hand Man, but stupid is as stupid does i suppose.

They're not that fecking smart put it that way, any of them, because if they were, they would not be playing such a stupid dangerous game.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It's far too early for anyone to have confirmed anything with either data recorder. But there's quite a bit of evidence that it was accidentally shot down.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Al-Asad took several hits, suffering minor damage.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well, that's not what the BBC news was claiming this morning.

Personally i thought it rather soon myself as to the Blackbox information being accessed with such speed.

Been busy today so not really had much time to hear any more about the incident.

Certainly, a possibility that it could have been shot down, given the timing.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

It takes days to download and analyze a data recorder, no matter what anyone says. It's not just a matter of plugging a laptop in and the recorder says "engine problems".

Engine failure doesn't make your transponder suddenly shut off, or the aircraft break apart in flight. It also doesn't leave shrapnel impacts in the tail and fuselage.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It takes days to download and analyze a data recorder, no matter what anyone says. It's not just a matter of plugging a laptop in and the recorder says "engine problems".

Engine failure doesn't make your transponder suddenly shut off, or the aircraft break apart in flight. It also doesn't leave shrapnel impacts in the tail and fuselage.

Exactly. Depends on the integrity of the FDR housing. A perfectly intact FDR gives data as fast as a USB transfer. If it is damaged, parts will have to be carefully extricated to put back together and get the data. This looks like a nasty wreckage so I assume the box is not in good shape.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

I'd be surprised if they didn't need a donor box for both of them with the way this wreckage looks.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Plus its a huge base.

Al Asad is protected by a 21 kilometer security perimeter.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well according to the news this morning, they had only recovered one of the two.

That might have changed by now all the same.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Well nobody died as far as im aware, that's got to be a plus point.

Let's just hope both sides keep the head tonight after the Sun goes down.

Coz the proof will be in that pudding i imagine.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Some commercial satellite imagery of the damage at Al-Asad.

See video at following link showing the other impact points.

Space.com link

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just heard on the shapiro show that Iran warned, France, Germany, and Iraq and the Iraqis told us so everyone moved and waited, Iran gets to save face we get to know they backed down and no more people die.

Guess the WW3 panic was a little premature here.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
From VT.

A fair amount of damage.

www.veteranstoday.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
"'Tis but a scratch."

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Tend to agree on that, crisis somewhat averted.

But don't expect Iran to take such an assassination lying down, I'm sure they will have some nefarious plan being readied or in the works, in an attempt to return the favor that they won't be willing to disclose.

Tell you one thing, leaders such as Kim Jong-un, Bashar al-Assad, or even Ali Khamenei himself better start reassessing exactly how far Trump's administration is willing to go.

There are reasons we don't attempt to take out another nation's leaders and tertiary command structure after all.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   
EVERYONE. THE MEDIA IS LYING AND COVERING UP EVERYTHING.

My sister is in the Canadian Air Forces (Corporal) and she showed me some screenshots of her sectors group chat and their Master Sergeant is telling them all to get ready to possibly go to the Middle East TOMORROW morning!

ALSO,

There WERE Soldier CASUALTIES during the Missile attacks from IRAN. The military DOES NOT want to release any of this info nation wide until the event has escalated to a point in time where there WILL be drafts 100% for the Canadian Forces as their Military numbers are red in every sector.
edit on 8-1-2020 by IrateCanadian because: Typo

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Last night as this was happening there were multiple reports of planes overflying Syria and Iraq. I am sure that the Iranian leadership were monitoring this , and I hope that it scared them baldly.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian
EVERYONE. THE MEDIA IS LYING AND COVERING UP EVERYTHING.

My sister is in the Canadian Air Forces (Corporal) and she showed me some screenshots of her sectors group chat and their Master Sergeant is telling them all to get ready to possibly go to the Middle East TOMORROW morning!

ALSO,

There WERE Soldier CASUALTIES during the Missile attacks from IRAN. The military DOES NOT want to release any of this info nation wide until the event has escalated to a point in time where there WILL be drafts 100% for the Canadian Forces as their Military numbers are red in every sector.

Right, the media is covering up what could have been perceived as a failure by Trump. Yeah, not buying it. They would be chomping at the bit to blame soldier deaths on POTUS.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join