It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon says Iran attacked two Iraqi bases housing US forces

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

Good time to knock out their nuclear facilities.If they aren`t taken out, sure as the sun rises there will be a nuke attack on a American city.

How, exactly? Are they gonna carry it over here and throw it at us?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Maybe you will have to trade in your Pajamas for some Kevlar?

You don’t like Trump or America so I might as well be arguing with Allysa Milano

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Nobody is going to nuke anyone ffs.

That would indeed be taking things too far.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

And Manson never killed anyone smfh

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I value a country that rolls up her sleeves and proceeds to exact a pound of flesh for every hairline scratch acquired.

So you prefer overkill over a reasoned response, sounds almost sterotypical American, but I am sure you will be on the frontline with your brothers and sisters, War is nothing most sane people want but the majority of ATS will be happy now as they have been beating their chests and keyboards for days now. Hope you are not injured when you tour the middle east.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Naw Hunny I've always slept in the nude.
x

I don't like the current administration nor POTUS.

As to America i just wish she would come to her senses and go back to building great big wonderful things instead of trying to police the planet.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Was

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Was a Major General and considered Terrorist.

Now the Middle Easts Martyr.

Smart that is not.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Neither did Trump sore feet and all.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think we should destroy the capitol of Iran, concentrating on the palace or residence of the leader of Iran and the place where the religious leader is staying. But we have to play by the rules of wars and never attack the government, just target civilians and military complexes. Sucks, nobody goes after the people who start the war.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You first. x

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No, I don't think anything of the sort.

Its a complete # show and completely #ed up beyond redemption.

I don't profess to have the answers.....but I do know bombing Iran back to the stone age is NOT the answer.

Soleimani was obviously an odious piece of crap and probably deserved all he got.
And no, its not ok for US service people to continue getting killed in Iraq.

But its pretty bloody clear that his death has achieved absolutely nothing except escalate things and probably put far more Americans at risk.

I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm capable of being leader of anything let alone a country but if a relative simpleton like myself could see what was going to happen as a result of the assassination then surely the 'Leader of the Free World' with all his resources etc could have foreseen it as well.

And the hunger for war and death shown by many here on ATS is truly disturbing.

link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: silo13

Iran has not overtly attacked anyone without good cause in the past 200 years.

Iran shelled Iraqi border posts 2 weeks before the official declaration of war by Iraq in 1980. Then, eerily similar to now, Ayatollah Khomeini was funneling Iranian money, weapons, and personnel into Iraq to overthrow Saddam's Ba'ath regime and bring Iraq under the same Islamic revolution as had overthrown the Shah in Iran. Not the innocent lamb you'd have people believe they are by any stretch.

link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown
Overwhelming response is not an American philosophy. It is a military doctrine as old as war itself. Europe, Asia, the Middle East, North and South America and Africa. Every continent that has had a military power has taken measures like it at some point. Because the goal is to kill your enemy swiftly, and with as much terror against their morale as possible to force a surrender.

I say we go old school and try to kill more and destroy more than they can before its all over. I believe we can all expect some Israeli airstrikes across the whole region this week as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I'm not arrogant enough to think I'm capable of being leader of anything let alone a country but if a relative simpleton like myself could see what was going to happen as a result of the assassination then surely the 'Leader of the Free World' with all his resources etc could have foreseen it as well.

Another option... self declared "relative simpletons" may not be seeing the whole picture and may be wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ridgerunner

Good time to knock out their nuclear facilities.If they aren`t taken out, sure as the sun rises there will be a nuke attack on a American city.

How, exactly? Are they gonna carry it over here and throw it at us?
Same way drugs get here,shipping containers,a sub-which they have,ballistic missiles if given time to develop the tech.Where theres a will theres a way and they have the will thanks to their fanatic beliefs

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

There are in no way any sort of innocent anything.

But my recollection is that they were all shelling the crap out of each other back then sometimes with Chemical weapons ffs.

There is no innocent lamb to be found just nonsensical sabre rattling and bluster.

But it might not stop with an assassination and a few missiles, which is kind of the point.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ridgerunner

Good time to knock out their nuclear facilities.If they aren`t taken out, sure as the sun rises there will be a nuke attack on a American city.War with Iran has been inevitable since the Islamic zealots took power in 79,longer the US waits the more likely a nuke exchange becomes.Sad it`s coming but only a revolt in Iran or collapse of the US could have stopped it.

Their nuclear facilities would be on my list of targets.

Want to bet they built them next to or under schools?

edit on 7-1-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Do you imagine Trump saw the whole picture?

If he did it was most lightly in purple Cherola crayon or black sharpie.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join