It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messiah tv show

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Hi gosseyn, sorry for the long post, but you bring up really good points.

First, the God's messenger is already here on this earth. He didn't have an easy life growing up here, he suffered and still now his life is difficult and dangerous.

What I mean is, maybe we have been wrong about the historical Jesus all this time. Maybe he is not who we think he is, who we want him to be. We have too many preconceived ideas.

Exactly! Too many preconceptions, but the people cannot be fully blamed for this. The dark side has already poisoned the well, spewing lies for thousands of years, they have even given him a nickname that many people today know him as the "anti-christ". Far from it, there's no such entity as "anti-christ", there's simply one person and he is a God's messenger, that has a message for this earth.

I agree it's a matter of expectations. Generally, people have already made up their mind, through centuries-old lies and misconceptions, on how he would look like or behave and I guess they're gonna be disappointed or hate him, when they see he's not like they thought he'd be, they'd probably reject him and if they can they'd lock him up in some jail or mental ward. He's already been thru that. Who knows what the future will bring for him?!

Would the people accept him as he is?
Maybe he's like a normal guy, maybe he gets angry when faces the evil in this world,
Maybe he works hard to pay his bills,
Maybe one time he turned against God because of what he went through and forgot who he was?!
Maybe he knows what love is and has had sexual relationships,
Maybe he likes some privacy, but he's ready whenever and wherever he's asked to go, by people or God,
Maybe he is into music, some of it evil and God is not happy at all about it?!

What do you think the real Jesus would say if he could come back right now, if we told him that a whole religion has been based on him.

Now, if he'd see that people have created a religion based on him, he'd be appalled. His first question would have been: "Where is the one true God, the God of Israel in all of this??!! You people have turned me into an idol!! That's a big sin, a sacrilege! Throw it in the trash, in the future we'll have another religion, just *one*, where God and His rules are central to it!".

He wouldn't like the amount of distortion, the lies that have entered the religion, the dogma, the perversion of the word of the one true God of Israel, the word of the old prophets of Israel.
He'd very likely be mad at the occult books and movements of today's Israel, given that this people are the ones that God chose, those books should have been trashed long time ago.
Maybe he'd like *one single* religion that makes God and His ten commands central to the people's lives,
Maybe he'd like to see the eradication of the animal sacrifices and focusing on changing people's hearts instead, rather than the dogmas of today's religions. Sacrifices are a cruel thing of the distant past of gods' worshiping, tens of thousands of years ago, that should have no place in the future religion. God does not approve that, He does not like blood spilled.

Nevertheless he'd like and appreciate that people follow God, regardless of their mistakes in interpreting the holy word. Christianity, Islam, Buddhism have their own benefits and have helped people thru the millennia, at least just for the simple fact of stating the existence of one God and His laws.

I liked your thread, found it realistic, thumbs up!

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I watched the show over a three day period and enjoyed the concept of a modernistic 'Messiah' and how the world of social media and international power plays compared to the traditional telling of the original. Whereas the historical Messiah impacted upon a relatively small geographical area, this one explodes worldwide within a short period of time and I felt the similarities to the original were well thought out.

I enjoyed the acting from all parties involved, certainly this Messiah would have a closer resemblance to the one we are all asked to believe in...no religious art stereotype here.

I have read that no season two will be made, apparently in part because of complaints on religious grounds from both sides and in a way, the season finished with enough ambiguity to let the viewer decide for themselves. I swayed between viewpoints throughout and for him to walk away from the disaster, unscathed, it kind of leans toward a genuine claim.

Interesting viewing and worth a watch.

posted on Jul, 1 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

I enjoyed the acting from all parties involved, certainly this Messiah would have a closer resemblance to the one we are all asked to believe in...no religious art stereotype here.

Thanks, BG/driver in the NM scenes.

<< 1   >>

join