It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Iraq's al Asad airbase is under rocket attack

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Gee, what a surprise. I guess the Trump administration miscalculated when they thought their actions would stop (a non-existent) war.

Thoughts and prayers for our troops over there - I can only hope Trump doesn't go overboard with a response. But with his actions so far, I really can't expect that to be the case.

Course he will go overboard, thats what he does.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I could honestly see Trump responding back with hitting 52 targets just like he said...
a reply to: jhn7537

Accomplishing what exactly?

link   
Seems Erbil was also targeted.

It is clear that these missiles were launched from Iran and targeted at least two Iraqi military bases hosting U.S. military and coalition personnel at Al-Assad and Irbil,” the statement said.

The Defense Department said it is “working on initial battle damage assessments.”

Yahoo

link   
You'd think that with the sheer amount of threats and bases surrounding Iran and knowing the amount of proxies , you'd think we would have multiple eyes both state drones, personal drone and space watching bases and movement of the majority of these places? , I think the response will be launch sites and maybe there airbase to prohibit there next response. With then making sure the oil fields are watched and there ports. As much as Iran claims multiple targets there quiet limited physically. It's the state hacking we should be more concerned with I think.

link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

Thoughts and prayers for the men/women at that airbase and all over the region.
a reply to: Gandalf77

They signed up for what they are getting. They don't need 'thoughts and prayers'.

What they need is COMPETENT LEADERSHIP.

Something we failed to give them in 2016, and now they suffer for it.

Put that in your 'thoughts and prayers'.

You do not have children in the military I assume.

Lucky you.

I’ll give my thoughts and prayers to the troops out there and the civilians who will also die and leave behind families.

Stay classy

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

US Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo have arrived at the White House...

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff has arrived the White House - Mark Milley.

#BREAKING: Casualties among the #Iraqis at Al-Asad AB - CNN

link   
mooch much....?

Please President Trump...spare the Iranian people, and save American/Allies lives on the battlefield.
a reply to: carewemust

The blood of those fallen are on Trumps hands now.

They would be alive today if not for his direct actions. How you feel about that?

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

It is clear that these missiles were launched from Iran and targeted at least two Iraqi military bases hosting U.S. military and coalition personnel at Al-Assad and Irbil,” the statement said.

The Defense Department said it is “working on initial battle damage assessments.”

Yahoo
Ok, so to clear things up, the missiles hit Iraqi bases *hosting American and Coalition forces, but not necessarily American bases?

Guess I should read the link...

Even still, wonder what the response will be under those conditions, seems calculated...

link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
"President Donald Trump said the US killed Iran's top military commander Qasem Soleimani "to stop a war, not to start one".
Mr Trump said Soleimani's "reign of terror" was "over" following a strike at Iraq's Baghdad airport on Friday."

didn't really think that one through did he ?

www.bbc.co.uk...

He's getting briefed on all COA's (courses of action) and the outcome and response to those COA's. The military trains on these operations year around on a large scale. It's actually very impressive. They cover everything from embedded mock reporters, news reports to the laying of modular bridges. No other military trains like the US. I actually feel sorry for the people of Iran. They are going to pay a heavy price unless they start mobilizing and protesting against their government in the street.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I could honestly see Trump responding back with hitting 52 targets just like he said...

Ok, i get it, you want zero response, you want zero conflict, you want Trump to do nothing, and Iran should be able to do as they please.... totally understand.. lets never respond, ever again..

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Pentagon confirms that both Erbil and Al-Asad Airbase were hit with ballistic missiles fired by Iran.

Reports Camp Taji has also been hit in the Iranian strike.

photos of a missile that fialed to explode at Erbil
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
RT is reporting a second missile attack on American facilities in Iraq..

But it is RT...

Iran has launched another volley of missile strikes on a number of American facilities in Iraq, according to the semi-official Tasnim news agency. The new round of missiles follows the first by just over an hour.

“A few minutes ago [3:30 am local time] the second wave of Iranian missile attacks on the US base is launched,” the news outlet reported.

The Pentagon confirmed earlier on Tuesday that “more than a dozen” Iranian ballistic missiles had been fired on US bases, including the Al-Asad airbase in western Iraq, vowing to “take necessary measures” to protect American personnel in the region.

www.rt.com...

Waiting to see if it is true or not.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I have a cousin over in iraq (not at this base).

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I don't think the US would name its base al Asad.

Ayn al Asad (IATA: IQA[1], ICAO: ORAA) is an Iraqi Armed Forces and United States armed forces base located in Al Anbar Governorate (also called Anbar province) of western Iraq. The base is also used by British armed forces in Iraq.

It was the second largest US military airbase in Iraq during Operation Iraqi Freedom. Until January 2010, it was the home of the II Marine Expeditionary Force/Multi-National Force West. Other major tenants have included the 3rd ID's 4th IBCT, 82nd Airborne Division Advise & Assist Brigade, 332nd Medical Brigade, 321st Sustainment Brigade, Vertical Onboard Delivery Detachment-1 (VOD-1),[3] VAQ-141, Navy Customs Battalion Juliet, elements of the Iraqi Army's 7th Division, and the United States Air Force (USAF).[4]

wiki

link   
BBC, CNN report casualties, at the airbase/s

CNN I think it was, mentioned something about those injuries, " being on the Iraqi side" no other info as yet.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Liquesence

Yahoo
Ok, so to clear things up, the missiles hit Iraqi bases *hosting American and Coalition forces, but not necessarily American bases?

Guess I should read the link...

Even still, wonder what the response will be under those conditions, seems calculated...

The Al-Asad AB was what the Trump refered to as the billions dollars base which he didn't want to leave
At least that's what the CNN "expert" at Pentagon said
edit on 7-1-2020 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yeah no kiddong, fair enough.

link   
Oil spikes 4.3%
Gold spikes 2.3%

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Iran could use some help. Why don't you go volunteer to assist them.

(post by wantsome removed for political trolling and baiting)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join