It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Iraq's al Asad airbase is under rocket attack

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Glad to see this has played out the way it has. I would imagine some interesting stuff has went on behind the scenes that we might never know about.

Yep trump was not his normal self with that conference. Something definitely going on behind and he is not necessarily in agreement.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Myrtales Instinct

He's a chronic lying narcissist.

OH.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Or, a few people on that plane knew to much.

A distinct possibility...

Only chance of figuring it out is if we find out what is really on the FDR etc...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Contrary to what some may claim, not every plane crash is because someone knew too much.

Obviously, I have never claimed such a thing, but I am taking into consideration the circumstances.

So it was an accident, Do we know that yet?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Or, a few people on that plane knew to much.

A distinct possibility...

Only chance of figuring it out is if we find out what is really on the FDR etc...

True, we will be told what ever they want us to believe.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

There's a lot of evidence that it was a shootdown, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

There's a lot of evidence that it was a shootdown, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

I would love to know who was on the plane, I heard there were Canadians.

Just wow , RIP, I hope for peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Canadian professors and students, supposedly a BP engineer, and a bunch of other people.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Canadian professors and students, supposedly a BP engineer, and a bunch of other people.

Did they give names?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

It's posted somewhere. There are three threads talking about it.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Glad to see this has played out the way it has. I would imagine some interesting stuff has went on behind the scenes that we might never know about.

Yep trump was not his normal self with that conference. Something definitely going on behind and he is not necessarily in agreement.

Wouldn’t be surprised is his initial reaction was to retaliate with military strikes and was talked down. That said, when he has the “final” say it’s only right to give him some credit for avoiding what could have turned into w very costly war.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

That said, when he has the “final” say it’s only right to give him some credit for avoiding what could have turned into w very costly war.

respect
missed your alien mug here

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yeah, I do not think this is what anyone expected after Iran fired those off last night.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I would love to know who was on the plane, I heard there were Canadians.

Just wow , RIP, I hope for peace.

The victims include 82 Iranians, 63 Canadians, 11 Ukrainians in addition to nine Ukrainian crew members, 10 Swedes, four Afghans, three Germans and three Britons, according to Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry. More than 140 passengers were Iranian nationals, according to Iranian officials, suggesting that many possessed dual citizenship.

Wapo

This article lists some of them, but it's behind a paywall.

Thirty-five-year-old Saeed Khademasadi Tahmasebi, an engineer and postgraduate researcher at Imperial College London had recently married Niloofar Ebrahim, a psychology student in London: Both Tahmasebi and Ebrahim perished on the plane,

BP engineer and British national Sam Zokaei was also on the plane. He was 42 and had been working for the company for over a decade.

Another British victim was identified by British media as 40-year-old Mohammed Reza Kadkhoda-Zadeh. The divorced father of a 9-year-old girl had traveled to visit family Iran during the Christmas holiday break and was on his way back to Britain via Ukraine.

The University of Alberta in Canada has confirmed that two of its professors who were married, as well as the couple’s two daughters, were on board the Ukrainian jet. Pedram Mousavi and Mojgan Daneshmand were both professors of engineering and had been traveling with daughters Daria and Dorina,

Parseyan told Canada’s Global News that other victims from Edmonton’s Iranian community included a doctor, medical student and student of clinical psychology.

And many others. :/

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is definitely not the end. Iran's proxies are mobilizing and it's highly unlikely they are mobilizing to do nothing.

The token missile attacks launched directly from Iran were a symbolic gesture, but the way Iran actually does business is through militias and terror cells, and it would be extremely unwise to assume they've just been sent on vacation. Iran has been constantly testing the limits of what it can get away with and will continue to do so.

The big open question at this point is how the U.S. will respond to the coming attacks on its allies and regional partners, who have been and undoubtedly remain in Iran's crosshairs.

If the U.S. allows Iran to continue to attack them without retaliation (an American death was the apparent tripwire for killing General Soleimani, despite weeks of rocket attacks clearly directed toward U.S. forces, on top of a long and growing list of attacks against allies such as Saudi Arabia), then Iran's true revenge will be taken against them, and the world can expect an abundance of examples in the coming months.

If the U.S. policy has changed to include retaliating against Iran for proxy attacks directed at allies or civilian targets (such as shipping), however, then the game has truly changed, and making that clear to Iran will require actions that previously would have been considered escalations.

Either way, unless Iran completely abandons its decades-long policies, allies and proxies, which is an extremely improbable option that would lead to violent consequences on its own as the money, command and control dry up (just as it would if the U.S. were to do the same), there will be blood.

The difference will be whose blood and how much, but there will be blood.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Contrary to what some may claim, not every plane crash is because someone knew too much.

Just 99.99%

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Just 99.99%

The planes were apparently hit by russian made sa-15's.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
So as I said in some posts pages back, my son is stationed at al asad. Good news is nope he did not get hurt. He sent a text to his mother, the next morning letting us know he was ok. Yep on this thread I was a lil emotional. I saw this thread topic, and freaked out. Well I have a story to tell. He called us today. According to him, the base was made aware how I dunno, that a missile attack was going to occur. They evacuated troops and aircraft. They left his division or platoon, to garrison the base etc. 2 missiles struck first after some time they were given orders to check the places hit for damage and casualties etc. so he gets sent off in a Jeep with others I guess etc. to check out the ground zeros. He says during this patrol, they noticed orange lights in the sky and then the orange lights just came straight down real fast hitting the areas they were just at blowing those places up. Obviously while telling us he was excited and indicated to us he is a bit shell shocked. Also says he will never look at the sky the same. He is 21 yrs old yep he knows what he signed up for I sat down talking with him explaining to him what he was volunteering for, not what his recruiter was telling him. I grew up in the army etc. so ya my kid came just a hundreds of feet from being a casualty.

As far as my attitude towards Iran, I don’t trust em, trump, is doing the best to resolve this affair, I also think if my kid or those with him got hurt or killed we would have dealt with it differently. It’s over now, my kid has a life changing story to tell people, I could not even imagine the terror they felt seeing missiles landing right next to them blowing things up. As far as damage goes from what I was told they blew up a weapon storage shed, only real significant damage.

He also said he and his fellow soldiers who were out there looking for casualties dodging Iranian, missiles may get medals for bravery I suppose I dunno, I am just glad they are ok, and obviously trained properly. I just hope we can resolve all of this peacefully, maybe it’s time to leave Iraq.

Proud of my kid, proud of my potus, and proud of my country.

Anyhow I just wanted to let you guys hear a on site story..

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

*hua*

Glad your son is safe.

Thanks for the first-hand account.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I'm glad he is safe.

I am sure you're very relieved.

new topics