It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Iraq's al Asad airbase is under rocket attack

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Yeah....im watching detective pokemon right now. Because as a non world power iran cant reach me despite me living less than 10 miles from ft hood
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I could imagine someone in 2001 saying the same at the top of the World Trade in NY....'what me worry, they can't touch us WAY over here'.

link   
So the question is when are the bombs gonna drop on Iran?

I would guess the next few hours still under the darkness.

link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Yep, putting lipstick on the pig will not prevent President Trump from turning him into bacon.

link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Explosions in Baghdad coming in.....

???

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
If they target Dubai and Israel in the same night,I wouldn't be surprised if we see the first nuclear bomb dropped since Nagasaki.

Nobody is going to drop any nukes....

If they hit Israel, I wouldn't be surprised to see a nuclear response. From Israel.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Looks like BAW105 just turned round (LHR-DXB) as well...

link   
I think Baghdad Bob found a new job.

Ali Arouzi

Verified account

9 minutes ago

Iranian state media saying non of their ballistic missiles were intercepted. They all hit their targets.

Twitter

link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It is very inaccurate.

Which is what the reports I have seen, and previously linked to, also said (zero US casualties).

My honest assessment?? Tomorrow morning the news will show images of holes in the ground. They simply killing the runways with big bombs for show.

Apparently that *is* the case in Ebril. Twitter

Not sure about the other two locations.

edit on 7-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
So the question is when are the bombs gonna drop on Iran?

I would guess the next few hours still under the darkness.

I would be very surprised, if we saw any direct military retaliation in the next few hours but who knows

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I get that this is an emotional topic, especially for veterans and families of current service members, but, seriously, get a f###ing grip, man.
a reply to: elDooberino

Not emotional, more cold and calculating.

But thanks for caring

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Just guessing, closed air space and scrambled the Air Force ..

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Let Putin and Assad have Syria Iran and Iraq.

Israel and Saudi Arabia will have to work something out with them.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence
That was a single rocket that missed its target and crashed in Erbil. I would post the images, but this thread is updating so fast nobody will see them anyways.

Here is a live feed from the Iranian Side covering the current events including more footage of the crowds on the streets of Tehran. It may need to be opened in Youtube however.
If you rewind the video, they also have the only two videos I have seen of the base itself being struck from a distance, and the videos of the missiles going airborne on their journey to blowing up some runways.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

This is being repeated a lot by Middle East journalists: “Tehran told Washington DC through proxies that it will bomb US bases in Iraq to save face and claim it is a response for killing Soleimani. That’s why the USA emptied its bases hours before the attacks. Zero casualties.”

kinda reminds me of the Syria response Trump did.

more at play here?

(post by ErEhWoN removed for political trolling and baiting)

link   
a reply to: wantsome

Stop with the bull snip.

Powell and Netanyahu eh?

Iraq War resolution that cites at least 12 reasons.

Among them AQ in Iraq which would later become ISIS.

ISIL originated as Jama'at al-Tawhid wal-Jihad in 1999, which pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda and participated in the Iraqi insurgency following the 2003 invasion of Iraq by Western forces at the behest of the United States.

en.wikipedia.org...

Stop wasting my time.

link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Our pilots are the best in the world, but Iran has some extremely sophisticated A2/AD (anti access/area denial) capability that poses a significant risk to our fighters.

Twitter

What say you (Zaphod)?

I imagine they’d flatten any Sam/ radar sites with strategic bombing before they’d let fighters anywhere near Iranian mainland. B-52s already forward deployed to the Indian Ocean. Although with how things are going the situation may escalate far too quickly for that to even be needed!

link   
So far what I know is unfolding in the US and Iran situation,

- NO US military service personal fatalities from the Iranian strikes
- Iran has carried two waves of strikes against US/Coalition bases in Iraq
- USAF scrambled in to Iraqi airspace
- No confirmation of US retaliatory action yet
- Israel, UAE on high alert for Iranian retaliatory action

Hopefully a de-escalation happens.

edit on 07America/Chicagov59pm131 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigfootNZ

originally posted by: elDooberino
a reply to: BigfootNZ

...a country thats been threatening another, and that has been involved in many other fights in other countries around the world for the last 2 decades...

LOL. Are you at least able to acknowledge the fact that you perfectly described Iran as well?

Im on no ones side in this, the entire thing frankly is a immature farce between two leaderships who are basically identical in nature... just pointing out some serious hypocrisy by the poster i qouted, basically calling for divine wind upon the enemy but without any consequences in return. I mean whos gonna actually fight the the fights and die for America? I guess some one elses son or daughter?..

The fact this thread is full of people chapping at the bit for blood and fire shows how far ATS has fallen since Trump got in... i like how people talk about Irans kill count over the years and we gotta make em pay but ignore a supposed American ally like good old Saudi Arabia (including 9/11) but hey their buddy buddies so cant touch them despite them killing a god damn lot more than Iran has... pure god damn hypocrisy.

And like I said, both sides Iran and America can go to hell if this goes further... /signed The Rest of the sane World.

Some sympathy with that, except that innocent people get hurt...all the time, and what do we do? Yep, just thank God it wasn't us..this time.
"There but for the grace of God go I"
As an aside..sort of, does anybody have a problem with the TV news...et al, pictures of the, 'missiles' they look a little strange to me, but maybe that's just me.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

More money to be made with longer wars. How you think all those legislators got wealthy?
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I thought Trump was supposed to change all that?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join