It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Iraq's al Asad airbase is under rocket attack

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

I had to tell my son tonight, reassure my son that if things got too far, I would be going back in before he ever would.

He's been on his own account, watching this unfold with his friends.

They're afraid because the MSM is stoking fear, the internet is stoking fear.

People become much more manageable when they are afraid.

So I would anticipate more fear-mongering, more hyperbole, just to frighten people.

link   

You're right, this is absolutely trumps fault. Just think, if he would have just kept to Obamas game plan and kept flying in pallets of cash and weapons
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

Can you point out the test in the agreement, or anywhere actually, that states that this was Obama's plan?

Or are these just your delusional rantings?

link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
So, is Irans strategy to just threaten everyone around them in the ME? The US, UAE, Israel, etc...who's next?

Not sure why they are threatening Israel other than pure hatred for the country, but the UAE is being threatened because of the US airbases there. They claim if sorties originate from those countries they will be attacked. I guess that's what their strategy is

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: yuppa

this is what I'm worried about... this isn't a joke I'm telling you.. this capricorn conjunction hasn't happened since the beginning of the plague in the 1500's

#s about to get real

This isnt nothing. trust me. its gonna get way way waaaaayyyyy worse. were going to have loyalty trials after this goes down. Nieghbors will be ratting out neighbors who suspect them of being Iranian supporters too.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Downloaded to watch during next infusion appt. Love ryan reynolds.

When Trump goes live can someone share a link? The news is just talking im circles

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
FAA is closing airspace to US Air carriers over the Persian Gulf and Gulf of Oman.
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002020-01-07T19:32:23-06:000723 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Instead, drone the leaders. Our intelligence Community knows where they are 24 hours a day.

So why did't they just 'drone' Saddam Hussein?
Osama bin Laden?

You mean that was all we had to do instead of send in 100's of thousands of troops and trillions of dollars in Iraq in Afghanistan?

Your bloody brilliant! You should be a General of the Army!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Ranj Alaaldin

Verified account

@RanjAlaaldin
Follow Follow @RanjAlaaldin
More
Iran's military says it has killed 30 US soldiers in Iraq tonight. US officials have only reported Iraqi casualties so far. Important to watch how this develops.

Twitter

link   
If its true that Iranian fighter jets are in Iraqi airspace,expect them to be targeted by the US-leading to more escalation.

I wish this wasn't going to spiral into full war,but there are no cool heads in this situation.
This is very bad.
Many will die,on both sides and maybe further afield.

Nightmare start to the new decade.

link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

When Trump goes live can someone share a link? The news is just talking im circles

I usually youtube news feeds when stuff goes live.

Like Fox or your preferred news outlet.

link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

More money to be made with longer wars. How you think all those legislators got wealthy?

link   

According to Maggie Haberman, Trump will not be giving an address tonight, per WH sources.

Twitter

I'm gonna finish watching The Craft anyway.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I am sure this has already been said but lets face it, Trump has to respond, if nothing else after his tough talk over the last week kind of means he has to other else he looks weak, looks like he can't follow through, is all talk (however you want to put it).

The question then is how does America respond, personally I hope and I don't expect that its going to be a quick response. Seems like neither side wants war but at the same time doesn't want to be seen to back down. So what does he do, could just be a massive ICBM strike against military targets in Iran. The problem though as I see it with a attack like that is that it doesn't remove what I see as the real threat Iran poses; its control of militia groups. To be really effective you would have to be able to dismantle their unconventional warfare capabilities.

Time will tell, I would hope that this would be the kind of event that would bring both sides to the diplomatic table but I know and understand that America has to respond.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

According to Maggie Haberman, Trump will not be giving an address tonight, per WH sources.

Twitter

I'm gonna finish watching The Craft anyway.

interesting

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Ranj Alaaldin

Verified account

@RanjAlaaldin
More
Iran's military says it has killed 30 US soldiers in Iraq tonight. US officials have only reported Iraqi casualties so far. Important to watch how this develops.

Twitter

If 30 US soldiers died, plus however many Iraqi soldiers (aren't they allies?), I feel the US's response won't be limited. If I had to speculate, I'm thinking that they will go after the ballistic launchers in Iran (they know where they are) and who knows what else.
edit on 7-1-2020 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: elDooberino

Obama, Clinton never organized an army of hundreds of thousands to invade another country.

LBJ was a conservative.

If using drones to take out the leadership is such a fantastic idea, what happened with Saddam? bin Laden? Kim?

The world is not a video game, this is not Call of Duty Modern Warfare. You don't call in a drone and take out a countries leadership.

Did not any conservative learn ANYTHING from Iraq? Not one little drop?

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

They know full well if they can drag Israel into it, the entire ME will implode.

Will be quite the legacy for #45 He will definitely be remembered..if there is anything left.

link   
a reply to: toysforadults

We are indeed the only species I know of, that gets excited about the potential of our own extinction.

link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Ranj Alaaldin

Verified account

@RanjAlaaldin
More

Twitter
Lets hope this is disinfo coming out of Iran, they are notorious for that.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You get that from Agenda-Free?

He just reported British Airways BAw134 turned around at Kuwait to head in the opposite direction. What? To head home? just turned around and headed somewhere other than their destination.

I'm glad their getting out of the way - along with Singapore Airlines.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join