It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Settles Lawsuit with Covington Catholic Student Nick Sandmann

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I feel happy for Nick Sandman and his family, especially after being smeared by CNN and other MSM outlest.

CNN is nothing more than a propaganda machine for the Left and targeted Sandmann and his classmates because they were wearing “Make America Great Again” baseball hats at last January’s March for Life event.

Instead of getting all the facts straight prior to releasing their article, CNN chose to portray these kids as racists, by accusing them of mocking Native Americans at the event, including activist Nathan Phillips.

CNN wanted this problem to go away, because a court battle would have revealed how devious they truly are. CNN SUCKS!

The Cable News Network (CNN) has reached a settlement with Nick Sandmann, a Covington Catholic High School student who had sued the news outlet saying it defamed him.

The network would not comment on the details of the settlement. Nick's lawyers did not respond to phone calls or emails at the time of this report.

The Sandmann lawsuit against CNN, seeking $275 million, was filed in March and stated: "CNN brought down the full force of its corporate power, influence, and wealth on Nicholas by falsely attacking, vilifying, and bullying him despite the fact that he was a minor child."

Sandmann has also sued NBC and the Washington Post. His lawyers have said they also intend to sue Gannett, which owns The Enquirer.

www.cincinnati.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
MODS...As I was finishing this thread, another member posted a thread on this topic on The Mud Pit. I checked before writing the thread up and should've checked again before posting. We're talking minutes, but I'm still at fault. My apologies.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I just made the same post

Yours is better

This news is so funny. I hope he never has to work a day in his life and I hope he wears his smug grin forever!

Good job Nick Sandmann, totally exonerated.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
MODS...As I was finishing this thread, another member posted a thread on this topic on The Mud Pit. I checked before writing the thread up and should've checked again before posting. We're talking minutes, but I'm still at fault. My apologies.

Yours is better. Mine was in the mud pit because I’m an a-hole and just want to rub this news in the face of those who attacked this kid when they knew that he was innocent.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Without knowing the actual details it's kind of hard to have any idea what this settlement entailed. He could have got attorney fees and a handshake for all we know.

edit on 7-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a sasquatch stole it

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Ha...I just posted an apology on your thread. Sorry about that!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They were suing in the form of a 'neo - McCarthyism', so, not sure what that means, but it's a very technical case, and obviously involved big time lawyers.
edit on 7-1-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Closed as requested.

top topics

join