It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cNn pays for attacking a child

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It should teach them not to lie. But since its part of their core, it won't.

Show me one single bit of evidence that they lied about anything... I challenge ya!

They simply showed footage of Sandmann arrogantly going toe to toe with some harmless old dude, because he was upset about being dissed by a couple of black fanatical religious dudes... lol.

Admittedly, it was just as pathetic for a self proclaimed reputable news network to waste anytime on such a petty nothing story. But still, it doesn't change how he clearly behaved in the situation.

Either way, I highly doubt the settlement amount was anything to brag about... when compared to what he was asking for.

edit on 7-1-2020 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

If it was switched, and it was him beating a drum in a Native American mans face, chanting, judging the man on his choice of headwear, all after crossing a crowded area and singling him out to be the victim of this behavior. . .

Would you feel the same way?

No, my guess is that you’d be praising the Native American man for standing his ground and being passive to the behavior.

What if rainbow unicorn farts turned into gold...

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   

"Show me one single bit of evidence that they lied about anything... I challenge ya!"

He WON.....SMFH, what part of HE WON dont you understand?

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Show me one single bit of evidence that they lied about anything... I challenge ya!

They simply showed footage of Sandmann arrogantly going toe to toe with some harmless old dude, because he was upset about being dissed by a couple of black fanatical religious dudes... lol.

Admittedly, it was just as pathetic for a self proclaimed reputable news network to waste anytime on such a petty nothing story. But still, it doesn't change how he clearly behaved in the situation.

Either way, I highly doubt the settlement amount was anything to brag about... when compared to what he was asking for.

Youre ignorant and arrogant. Why dont you show the footage of Sandmann going toe to toe with the "harmless" old dude? Why dont you show the footage of Sandmann being upset about the fanatical religious dudes?
Oh, because such footage doesnt exist?

The reason Sandmann is suing CNN and 50 other "news" organisations, is because they made it look that way, on purpose. Now uninformed people like yourself, thinks Sandmann is the bad person, the arrogant one - when in reality, it was that crazy old lying SOB, who was harrasing Sandmann. The kid even tells one of his fellow students, which btw is only waiting at that area for a bus, to leave that piece of # old dude alone, and dont sink to that retarded lvl, when he tries to tell the useless piece of crap to leave them alone.

He acted like an adult, with dignity, which the full footage clealy WITHOUT ANY DOUBT shows... You clearly havent seen it, and i bet that you wont look it up now either. Cause the kid had a MAGA hat - so you must hate him now, no matter what, right?

You are the arrogant one!

edit on 7 1 2020 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

You obviously haven't watched the entire video, if any of it.

if you care enough to have an opinion, care enough to inform yourself.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
People who were fooled should be upset at cNn

But they’re not

They were TOLD to fake their outrage at the story, and they obeyed

There are more cases pending for Mr Sandmann
So he’s set to get even richer.

Good job cNn
edit on 7 1 2020 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I can’t recall exactly what I said when this story broke but I knew this kid had a solid case for being defamed/slandered.
CNN and The Black Hebrew Israelites(I think) and Phillips were the real racists at the end of the day.
White kid with a mega hat literally could not have made the right move no matter what he did in the eyes of the media.

Phillips was the aggressor in the whole scenario too. Took time out of his day to march right up in that boys face because he saw conflict. The black Israelites harassing the youth group but in his eyes the young white folk must be at fault because they are racist.
a reply to: Breakthestreak

edit on 7-1-2020 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Phillips was known to harras kids in his neighbourhood before this happen, accusing them of all sorts crimes (ALL LIES). He also lied about being a veteran if i remember correctly, CNN and the others didnt care to fact check that either, why should they? They where allready making stories up from nothing.

So iam not sure if it was because they where whites or because he just hate kids. I think it is just because he is a worthless piece of crap, who blames everybody else for how #ty his life turned out to be....

I dont get how it is possible to even make a settlement in court? If a crime has taken place, the criminals should be punished by the law - not pay their way out of it. To me that is just corruption...
These people destroyed this kids life and reputation, they are no better than sex offenders of pedophiles and everybody involved should face jail time if you ask me.
Pedophiles also get away with settlements, so they can stay out in society an attack more kids, that is just sick!
It is the same with CNN and everybody involved in this farce, they are now still out there, ready to find their next victim to bully and completly ruin the life of... that is just crazy to think about... They belong in jail.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

There is simply not enough bandwidth on the world wide web to list the lies from CNN.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
With the libel laws being the way they are in the US, there's a good chance that CNN could have won at trial.
But trials involve discovery.
Can you imagine the internal communications that lead to airing this story?
That is something that CNN wants to keep private.
Considering how swiftly a settlement was reached
And that no apology was included,
I would wager it was quite lucrative for young Mr. Sandman

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

If it was switched, and it was him beating a drum in a Native American mans face, chanting, judging the man on his choice of headwear, all after crossing a crowded area and singling him out to be the victim of this behavior. . .

No, my guess is that you’d be praising the Native American man for standing his ground and being passive to the behavior.

Then you might have an excuse for huffing horse farts all these years. . .

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Then you might have an excuse for huffing horse farts all these years. . .

Personal attacks ?
Just damn.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I highly doubt this settlement hurt CNN's bottom line or made that arrogant little turd rich.

As was pointed out in the closed thread... for all we know the settlement could have just been for attorney fees and an apology.
'
out of curiosity, what makes you feel that he is an "arrogant little turd"?

From what I saw after all the spin, he just tried not to do anything to upset anyone. I look forward to your explanation.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The worst part of the story was how they tried to leave out the black. Israelites that started the enitre thing.

These radical terrorist were the ones to go after the students saying very disgusting stuff.

Maybe if this terrorist group was called out then the 2 terror attacks the committed would have been in the light

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
that kid has probably done more for society than Greta thunderberg...

I hope he uses this as a platform and show what the far left really are.

I hope Trump doesn't exploit this and take away this win for him and make it about himself.

Wow. Just wow.

I was in total agreement, but then you had to drag Trump into this.

I have no clue what you are talking about wrt Trump.

Get help dude. Your TDS is gonna be the death of you.
edit on 8-1-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

The FUNNIEST part about Nick Sandmann being paid an undisclosed sum by cNn (hopefully tens of millions) is the racist loser who confronted him is still living in a one bedroom apartment, stone cold broke and struggling.

If I were Mr. Sandmann, I'd buy a few acres of wilderness, set up a nice cabin, and give it to the Native American gentleman. Maybe even an annuity for his living expenses. Give him a chance to get back in touch with nature and remember what being a Native American is about.

It wouldn't take much. After all, without him, Sandmann would have nothing.

that would be a super classy move. I doubt it will happen, but it would make for a fantastic news story that would be hard to ignore.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Imagine defending a multi-million dollar corporation for slandering a minor, seek some help buddy

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

In early February, Sandmann’s lawyers released a list of 54 individuals and news organizations that they sent letters to instructing them to preserve evidence for potential lawsuits. The list includes:

The Washington Post
The New York Times
Cable News Network, Inc. (CNN) ✔
The Guardian
National Public Radio
TMZ
Atlantic Media Inc.
Capitol Hill Publishing Corp.
Diocese of Covington
Diocese of Lexington
Archdiocese of Louisville
Diocese of Baltimore
Ana Cabrera (CNN)
Sara Sidner (CNN)
Erin Burnett (CNN)
S.E. Cupp (CNN)
Elliot C. McLaughlin (CNN)
Amanda Watts (CNN)
Emanuella Grinberg (CNN)
Michelle Boorstein (Washington Post)
Cleve R. Wootson Jr. (Washington Post)
Antonio Olivo (Washington Post)
Joe Heim (Washington Post)
Michael E. Miller (Washington Post)
Eli Rosenberg (Washington Post)
Isaac Stanley-Becker (Washington Post)
Kristine Phillips (Washington Post)
Sarah Mervosh (New York Times)
Emily S. Rueb (New York Times)
Maggie Haberman (New York Times)
David Brooks (New York Times)
Shannon Doyne
Kurt Eichenwald
Andrea Mitchell (NBC/MSNBC)
Savannah Guthrie (NBC)
Joy Reid (MSNBC)
Chuck Todd (NBC)
Noah Berlatsky
Elisha Fieldstadt (NBC)
Eun Kyung Kim
HBO
Bill Maher
Warner Media
Conde Nast
GQ
Heavy.com
The Hill
The Atlantic
Bustle.com
Ilhan Omar
Elizabeth Warren
Kathy Griffin
Alyssa Milano
Jim Carrey

hahahahaaa that young man is going to be so rich at the expense of idiots, 54 law suits? it will take time but at the end will make him the youngest millionaire 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Jesus Christ, are you for rea?

Just WOW...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

Imagine defending a multi-million dollar corporation for slandering a minor, seek some help buddy

I'm not defending CNN and to be totally honest, I wouldn't lose any sleep if he took them for the full 260 million... it's the denial of reality because it contradicts peoples political ideology that I've got an issue with.

Why not just say it was completely unethical to broadcast footage of a minor with a bad attitude for days on end and just leave it at that?

Why sink even further than CNN did, by denying it happened the way it clearly did and then using that denial of reality to justify your own political ideology?

The hypocrisy is blatant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join