It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Ramble!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is your safe space, take a deep breath and just type, don't even think, let it bubble up from the depths of your core.
Say whatever you like.
And if there's any chat developing, let's keep it free from judgement. Let's do it like the Masons, no religion, no politics.
Because after all we got something in common, we are ATS. I believe a website with a name like that only speaks to a certain kind of people. No matter if we come from the road of scepticism, are adamant advocates, walking talking questionmarks, that link we share is there are things out there nobody knows. Above Top Secret.
And that's exhausting. We share the burden of uncertainty. We suffer from our own ignorance.
So we can all have some fun time away from heated discussions about serious business:
Let's ramble!
I go first:

Nicolas Cage is hundreds of years old.

And this guy is a mathematician
who totally looks like Frank Turner.

Remember that
?
That was what actually brought me to ATS. Funny, right? Good times. And I don't think Madonna did it on purpose, but it actually was a ritual. Right? You dress up you put pressure/meaning behind some phrases... Rock concerts
That's just not something people do based on knowledge of some kind. We're all just winging it.

Free will. Ha how can free will be a thing? I have a feeling many people are just on autopilot. And to me quite often I follow a plan, one I made, sure, but how free were I when I made it?
Freedom is one of those big words that get smaller and smaller the closer you look. Chipping away exception after exception, because you have to survive, have to put bread in the table, have to do body maintenance stuff...
Biology ... so disgusting.
Poop.
Everybody does that. I sometimes wonder if that's why some want a mechanical house for their consciousness?

Looking forward to your thoughts

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

My safe place is the Shed.

Great thread Peeple! I look forward to reading the replies in here.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Seriously, I have Nothing At the Moment!
#brainfog

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

First time I see that pic of Madonna. More than satanic, she looks like she's about to drop one like a dog.

I have an untold conspiracy theory. I strongly believe famous people goes totally nuts when they lose weight. Think about it and you'll find many examples.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I have an untold conspiracy theory. I strongly believe famous people goes totally nuts when they lose weight. Think about it and you'll find many examples.

It’s called doing blow. It happens to not-so-famous people too.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ok, I'll bite.

I have been currently assigned to tear out and replace an elevator in this low income housing apartment building.

The people I run into, mostly elderly, is very interesting, if not scary at times. It's nasty , with cockroaches everywhere and smells like dog piss. Homeless people go through the dumpsters at night and there is trash everywhere when I walk in , in the morning. Just yesterday, some little house rat ( little dog) peed on some woman's boots while I was riding in the elevator . She acted like it was ok .. If that had happened to me , I would have stomped on and kicked that little dog.

Only 8 more weeks to go, but I may not make because of killing a dog or some crazy old person.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Is that why there's a push towards this size zero movement?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Haha that's no bite that's a hook.
Not judging, but please don't kill the dog.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Haha that's no bite that's a hook.
Not judging, but please don't kill the dog.

Just bitching about my working conditions.

Honestly, getting close to retirement and thinking about going squatching as a hobby. Has anyone done this and have any go places to go? My wife is also into exorcism and wanting to take class for it. Yeah, no kidding.
Another adventure we would like to do is visiting haunted places. Thinking of moving close to where the documentary Hellier was made , maybe around Somerset, KY. In any case, we won't be bored.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It sure sounds nice. I would do the sasquatch thing in summer, or when the weather is good and the haunted house thing in winter.

GB has some nice haunted places. You could make a blog with your wife.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

My boss is leaving the end of January, which is incredibly depressing as he is a great guy. Feel like I’m losing a family member.

Brian needs to go back to prison in AZ or be set on fire.

Wish I had a she shed

Really would like to meet President Trump

Need a tropical vacation, but won’t get it

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hi Peeple.. Happy New Year !

A song for your thread 😏..

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Hi Peeple.. Happy New Year !

A song for your thread 😏..

Love that song ! Listened to the entire album over and over again as a teenager.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A while back I was looking into becoming a licensed locksmith. Well, I found out that I would first have to be employed by a certified locksmithing company. I look up all the local companies and apply. A couple of weeks go by and I don't hear anything so I call a few of them and ask them when they are going to start interviewing since they are still hiring. I'm told that they aren't looking to hire a someone who isn't certified.

So, I state that I want to get certified, but I must first be employed by a locksmithing company. I'm told good luck and try such and such place. Well such and such place tells me the same thing.

The same thing with gunsmithing. I want to be a licensed gunsmith and it's the same story.

No one wants an apprentice, even though there is only one or two real ones in the area covering their share of a number of counties. Each complains of having a backlog of many months, but refuses to take the time to train someone. To maybe allow them some time to work on getting caught up.

I'm told I should go to school. Funny right? My whole life I'm told eh you don't need school go into a trade.

Well, basically unless you want to be an electrician, mechanic, or HVAC you're screwed, and even if you do want to the working conditions are garbage, the pay ain't really that great, and the only people who make a good bit of money are the ones who start their own business.

Good luck starting your own business and keeping it successful, because everyone here owns their own HVAC, home repair, plumbing, whatever company.

I have half the mind to move to some podunk town in the middle of nowhere and starting anew.
edit on 7-1-2020 by AutomateThis1 because: I fixed a you're

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I read once (I think) that Nicholas cage is the reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler, the so called 'teenage mutant ninja turtle' from Gotham.

reports suggest he is Frankenstein with bolts in his neck, however these theory has been debunked as Frankstein is NOT THE MONSTER!' and don't get me started on the daleks, whose natural enemy is a flight of stairs. and do you know which hair products lisa simpson uses? i'm an eight year old with spiky hair.

You wanted a ramble, you got one, and you are welcome.
edit on 7-1-2020 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Frankenstein is the doctor. It could be an early version of droid. Electricity stepped into everybody's life. But before there were machines to be embodied by THE ENERGY!
Which of course bypassed the question how he walked, he was a dead body.
Maybe also were the foundation was layd to split machine beings from zombies.
There are some really fancy early machines.
People held little shows in their neighbourhood where an "inventer" or "explorer" or similiar presented their stuff.

Thanks for the ramble

new topics

top topics

join