It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Revenge vs. War

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Nope, in an "Eye for an Eye" traditional revenge it must be the same across the board. There is a middle eastern fable where a man had killed another mans first born male. Since the man who did the killing didn't have a son, the "Eye for an Eye" couldn't take place until the mans wife had a male child. So the man who did the killing had the revenge seeking man impregnate his wife, and when a son was born the man seeking revenge was able to kill the mans son. The man had forgotten that the child he had killed was actually his own kid, and after that he had been killed by his family because of it.

So it would seem that they may have had a General as their third seat, but we have a drunken goat as ours. If they want revenge, then they either take Pelosi or allow their Generals death be the end of it. Under an "Eye for an Eye" revenge you don't get to pick what and who gets punished, the offending action does that for you. Silly Iranian Leaderships, don't even understand their own rules and traditions.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: hombero

www.newsweek.com...

LMAO! So funny... I'm assuming that's why you posted that right? To make fun of a clearly idiotic statement.

"Death to America doesn't mean Death to America" It's funny, would be hilarious if it wasn't so scary that there can actually be a leader of a country that is just that idiotic. I KNOW he thinks we are the dumb ones, but he is the idiot for thinking any American will believe his nonsense, also an extremely Dangerous idiot.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

www.newsweek.com...

I wonder what "death to America" meant before Trump and Popmpeo.

Are you really going with this?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I'm surprised that the story wasn't written by Harvey Dent from Gotham. If Trump had said "Death to Iran", but then turned around and said it doesn't mean "Iranians" just the leadership in that country, the media would be running in circles going nuts, the S/T would be outside the White House screaming for the Presidents head, and the failed leadership in the House of Reps would have an emergency session to try and shove yet another impeachment charge on Trump.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I don't see them waiting very long.

They're not going to be wanting to lose the momentum nor religious fervor Trump just generated in spades.

I just hope they leave everyone else alone and go after the real culprits responsible aka Donald and his administration.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

If Trump had said "Death to Iran", but then turned around and said it doesn't mean "Iranians" just the leadership in that country, the media would be running in circles going nuts,

Actually, I watched something recently that was very much along those lines. Trump said Iranian terrorist blah blah blah,
then something about there are some tremendous Iranian people, blah blah blah.. That's as much as my memory is giving me right now

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

www.newsweek.com...

Seriously?

Tom O'Connor is a middle eastern proported skilled journalist. That said...

Chanting "Death to America" by Iran and Irainian citizens has been going on now....hmmm... almost 41 years.

Now I am to believe such an agregious chant is form fitted to 'just now' political climate? Laughable overall.

No. "Death to America" is exactly what is meant.

mg

edit on 7-1-2020 by missed_gear because: grammar

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Trump identified each group as he stated them. It wasn't "Iranians" it was "Iranian Terrorists". Not all Iranians are terrorists, so what Newsweek put out is different. It's the weird thing about how Trump speaks. He's very clear about using identifiers when he names off a group of people in an attempt to single out only the ones he is referring to.

Death to America on the other hand say's death to everyone that is an American citizen. It does not say every American that isn't a follower of Islam, in fact it ignores this point and highlights that if you are an American and you practice Islam, you will be dead too since you fall under the "Death to America" label. It's funny to watch other countries make claims that violates their own belief system because they don't understand what America offers to it's people.

What makes this even weirder is that the people making these claims are intelligent enough to know better.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

its all about Armageddon believe it or not, its about a belief from both sides, and its about bring it on kind of thing, so lets wait and see, its not like a good thing to wait for but bring it on.

I have never been a big fan of the Biblical book of Revelations, but damn if there isn't a coming together of prophetic events. Exactly "bring it on" the great cleansing....break on thru to the other side!

edit on 7-1-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

they will be ok, as long as they man up and meet with Trump instead of the Traitor John Kerry that keeps advising them how to undermine Trump

It's very easy, request a meeting with Trump like Kim Jong Un and things will get better but they refuse to because John Kerry and the rest of the saboteurs traitors are advising them not to. They don't want Trump to find out that Iran bribed them so they don't want a meeting.
edit on 7-1-2020 by ambassado12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Guyfriday

If Trump had said "Death to Iran", but then turned around and said it doesn't mean "Iranians" just the leadership in that country, the media would be running in circles going nuts,

Actually, I watched something recently that was very much along those lines. Trump said Iranian terrorist blah blah blah,
then something about there are some tremendous Iranian people, blah blah blah.. That's as much as my memory is giving me right now
Oh? Along those very lines you say? Can you link us the source where Trump said, "Death to Iran!!" I mean, how much farther or closer we talking here regarding lines?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I think JAGStorm was only using that as an example. Though I may be wrong, but hope I'm not since it would be completely out of character for Trump to paint a culture's people with such a wide brush.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
They will do what they always do. Tell some folks that if they will blow themselves up in a major US city they will go to heaven where 72 (male) virgins is waiting for them. They will have their revenge and it technically won't be them.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

And will cry more crocodile tears when they fail, and have their revenge handed back to them.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

www.newsweek.com...

What I'm going with...is a prediction that Trump properties abroad will be targeted. I'm not saying that's all they'll do, but I am saying Trump properties are an obvious target.

I don't think they're going to bomb a major US city, or a dam or nuclear power facility or a military base.
edit on 7-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It was hard to hear their love song to the people of the US over the chants of "Death to America".

Get a life. Their government would be more than happy to kill a bunch of us.

A few of them maybe, the government yes sure, but the majority of the Iran are just ordinary people who don't want war.

Either way, the slogan "death to America" isn't literal, it has a deeper meaning, which just goes straight over peoples heads because of the words used, and it's not just Iran that wants to see "America" aka, the USA, big bad Empire that bullies the world to die, not America or the US as a country itself.

The slogan was adopted when the US was caught trying to meddle in Iranian affairs, and was used in political protests ever since, but the fun fact of all this is, it's translated into "Down with America".

Bottom line, it's an anti American imperialism chant, nothing more. Of course tho western media and social media frenzies go off on tangents about Muslims and Iran like they are going to take over the world and enslave everyone.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Unconfirmed 'Revenge' taken place 10/07/2020 16:25 - missile strike to the Taji camp North of Baghdad.

Revenge? Would be 'Eye for and Eye'.

War? No, they don't want war, not with the US.

So what would their 'revenge' be? Let's send Nancy Pelosi over to find out.
edit on 0356Tuesday202013 by silo13 because: add bold so now one freaks out

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

www.newsweek.com...

What I'm going with...is a prediction that Trump properties abroad will be targeted. I'm not saying that's all they'll do, but I am saying Trump properties are an obvious target.

I don't think they're going to bomb a major US city, or a dam or nuclear power facility or a military base.

Ah, so their beef is with whoever insures Trump properties and with any poor SOB that has the misfortune of being nearby when it happens.

Excellent clarification.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

www.newsweek.com...

Ah, so their beef is with whoever insures Trump properties and with any poor SOB that has the misfortune of being nearby when it happens.

Excellent clarification.

Easy pickins.

Do insurance companies typically pay out on terrorist attacks?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

a reply to: Sookiechacha

It was hard to hear their love song to the people of the US over the chants of "Death to America".

Get a life. Their government would be more than happy to kill a bunch of us.

A few of them maybe, the government yes sure, but the majority of the Iran are just ordinary people who don't want war.

I completely agree. Iran could be a secular progressive Islamic country and most would support it. I don't even agree with the recent drone strike.

I won't lament the loss of a monster like St. Salami as the left has and I sure as hell won't fall for Iranian government propaganda about how they are only out to get Trump. That's BS propaganda for an already rabid base of self-hating US liberals that have done nothing productive. This is the same crowd that wanted us to stay in Syria which was and is a violation of the rights of a sovereign nation.

No more.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join