It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME MAGAZINE: How to Talk to Your Kids About the Situation With Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Mess with the bull, you get the horns.
Thus endeth the lesson.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: XCrycek

What is it with this criticism?

Are you saying that a legitimate medical condition that TO THIS DAY bars one from service is a legitimate avenue of attack?

If so, why?

How dare I criticize and joke about the orange god and his made up diagnosis

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

How do you know it was made up?

Are you his doctor?

You can lay off the histrionics. I'm just asking questions.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: silo13

I just told my kids they were getting drafted and laughed and laughed.

And they replied with "We can't go to war. We suffer from bone spurs"

So now you're mocking my children?

Me? I don't care. But my kids? That's tasteless. But it's what I'd expect from you so while it is tasteless, it isn't surprising.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here's what I want to see in a TIME:

'Mommy, why doesn't the government want us to have guns, but it's ok for Iran to have nukes?'

(A hush falls over the TIME crowd)...

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Does intellectually disadvantaged lazy freeloaders even read Time magazine? I doubt it but that's who they are targeting with this dribble.
People dead broke financially as well as morally.

edit on 7-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

People still subscribe to TIME? I dropped my sub like 15 years ago and never went back. It's a bunch of garbage.

I told my kids that the Iranian citizens and those of descent are generally nice. They should be treated like you want to be treated. The Iranian government is viscous.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DougBejeweled

People still subscribe to TIME? I dropped my sub like 15 years ago and never went back. It's a bunch of garbage.

I told my kids that the Iranian citizens and those of descent are generally nice. They should be treated like you want to be treated. The Iranian government is viscous.

Speaking of the Iranian Government being vicious? There are reports they just hit a US base Taji North of Baghdad.

Oh and, my kid is older but I tell her the same thing. HUGE difference between the people and the PTB.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
After reading the Time article I was so upset I dropped everything I was doing and immediately enrolled all my kids in an intensive..."Orange Man Bad"...electroshock treatment program. They show the patients pictures of Orange Man, and then shock the snot outta' them for about 45 seconds with a truck battery. Each session lasts about 3 hours.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
Can someone post the link to Time's article on how to talk to your kids about the situation with Osama bin Laden?

Exactly.

Only if Trump was president at the time would you be able to find that.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Isn't Time a spin off of Mad magazine?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This has definitely become clown world. Since when do we have to apologize for taking out a terrorist who was illegally in Iraq and was organizing attacks on a U.S. embassy (act of war)? Time Magazine is a anti-American propaganda machine.

Sp

edit on 2020/1/7 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

How has Iran responded following Soleimani’s death?
Iran has called for three days of national mourning. Thousands of people gathered in the streets of Iran’s capital, Tehran, to protest Soleimani’s killing. Funeral services were held in Iran on Sunday and Monday. Iranian leaders say they will take action against the U.S. At this time, however, it is unclear how or when they will do so. Still, some kind of action is expected.

time.com...

Curious ?

I wonder why Time leaves out Iran putting an $80 million dollar bounty on his head, and others calling for Americans no matter where they are to be grabbed and lynched.

edit on 7-1-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
"Quiet Timmy. The adults are talking."

There, that was easy.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Son, we coup'd their country in 1953, installed our puppet so we got their oil cheap, and the money went to oil companies, not their people.

It has been downhill ever since..you reap what you sow.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I just filled em full of lies and my version of the truth...I figured I better do it before some news source could. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Talk to your kids about Iran?!?!

“Ok son, I don’t actually know why the President would air drop BILLIONS of dollars in US cash to the Iranian regime. Maybe it’s because he’s a terrorist-supporting anti-American piece of shet”

Is that the advice Time gave out a few years ago?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Kids dont give 2 squats about Iran.

That's the most accurate answer. But if you want, just tell them it's like "Call of Duty".

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It would do most people well to learn how to distinguish between a governing body and the people that are subject to it's control.

I'd venture to say that there isn't a government on this planet that doesn't take advantage of the citizens.

People are so quick to say America bad. Russia bad, China bad, -insert country here- bad. When most of the people are just doing what they can to find something to enjoy in life and/or raise a family or whatever they can do before they die.

It goes even further when inside each individual country TPTB further suppress the common person by pitting them against each other and encouraging them to pick sides and promoting the idea that people are the embodiment of a political party and therefore they are evil and must be vanquished.

Sounds a lot like the notion that to kill an idea you must kill every single person who has had that idea in their head.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I don't know what age kids they're referring to, but this information is on a need to know basis, and my children don't need to know.

Let kids be kids - we live in a place where they can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join