It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME MAGAZINE: How to Talk to Your Kids About the Situation With Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
How to Talk to Your Kids About the Situation With Iran

n Jan. 3, the U.S. military carried out a drone attack in Iraq. The attack killed Qasem Soleimani, a top military leader from Iran...

The situation is dominating the news, and children who hear about it are likely to have lots of questions. We realize this is a difficult topic to explain to kids. TIME for Kids is here to help. The guide below offers talking points for how to answer questions about this tough topic.
Get ready for a Liberal ride while throwing history under the school-bus.

The article goes on to give bullet points for you and your children to consider. (Unbelievable).

Like the (BS) President Trump 'called Soleimani a terrorist' - without any more truth to the matter than that. (Crackheads) Yeah, technically the truth - but a LOT left out.

Begrudgingly at best TIME remarks: “We will always protect our diplomats, service members, all Americans, and our allies,” Trump said in a Jan. 3 address from his resort in Palm Beach, Fla.

You would think this would give American children a sense of security, right? Ahhh, not per TIME. No no no no! That the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES is looking out to keep each and every one of you safe? Nawwwwwwww!

How has Iran responded following Soleimani’s death? Iran has called for three days of national mourning. Thousands of people gathered in the streets of Iran’s capital, Tehran, to protest Soleimani’s killing.
Did TIME also include mourning was obligatory? Nope.

Later, under the question/answer: Why don't the USA and Iran get along? Time mentions the Hostage situation in '79 then jumps completely over and excludes anything and everything that happened between the States and Iran until 2018 When 'tensions increased again' when President Trump said the US wouldn't participate any longer in the 2015 'deal' with Iran.

WHAT? Like it' The President's fault? And - what about everything in between? Did the (so called) journalist have a word limit or decide to leave out all the facts not to confuse the little kiddies?

Now use your S.A.F.E steps, says Paul Coleman, Psychologist.

SEARCH for hidden fears.
ACT on keeping routines.
FEEL those feelings.
EASE minds.

SAFE looks more like this to me:

SUCKUP to MSM and BS your kids no matter what they're feeling.
ALIGN your kids with MSM BS because you don't take the time or care about the truth.
FRIGUP their little minds by telling them TOO MUCH and not enough at the same time.
EXPLOIT the drama because you don't know any better - you believe their BS too.

TIME - grooming you, to groom new readers, two generations at a TIME.

edit on 2439Tuesday202013 by silo13 because: more bold

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I shall speak of the conflict with my children, in any way I see fit.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'd just tell the kids;

Hey Great Satan (us) killed the Persian Prince of Peace (soleimani)

Here are some things you can destroy to vent your faux rage.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Can someone post the link to Time's article on how to talk to your kids about the situation with Osama bin Laden?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Talk to your kids about Iran?????? You've got a funny sense of child rearing. NO, NO, NO.
Tell your kids "go out and play", teach your kids how to fish, Talk to your kids about life and how to live it. NOT teach your kids about religious or political BS. That's the Muslim way, send your kids to the Madaris when they are little children. Get indoctrinated early.
Hitler said "give me the child and I'll give you the man".

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I just told my kids they were getting drafted and laughed and laughed.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Talk to your kids about Iran?????? You've got a funny sense of child rearing. NO, NO, NO.
Tell your kids "go out and play", teach your kids how to fish, Talk to your kids about life and how to live it. NOT teach your kids about religious or political BS. That's the Muslim way, send your kids to the Madaris when they are little children. Get indoctrinated early.
Hitler said "give me the child and I'll give you the man".

Exactly my thought. It's insane to even bring them into the conversation - well, depending on their ages I suppose but even then a 'child'? Go back out and play!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I had a conversation with my son about this the other day. I started with why the US did what it did, but then followed with why Iran does what it does.

I also mentioned why Iran dislikes us so, and many of their legitimate reasons for disliking us. Conversely, I also did the same for the US position regarding Iran.

I believe it is important to try and explain both sides of any situation as fully as practical and allow my son to make up his own mind based on that information. When explaining things like this to him, I try to stick to the facts as I understand them as much as possible.

If he wants my opinion on the situation, I will certainly provide it, but I prefer him to make up his own mind and then defend his decision whether he agrees with me or not. Believe me, I will certainly defend my position in that debate as well.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

LMAO. Thanks I needed that.

And yeah, that would be a great solution for the 'kids' in the basement!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Could you imagine if we all got upset that Obama had Osama Bin Laden assassinated? That's literally how dumb the left's argument is on this one.

I just put it in perspective for my kids. I tell them, you remember when your uncle was murdered? Well, imagine if the Democrats defended that guy and then spit on your uncle's grave. That's exactly what they're doing with Soleimani and our veterans that have died because of that animal.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

well wtf did you tell them about Libya or Syria or Iraq or Yemen or Somalia or Pakistan or Afghanistan? why are they acting like this is any different....

oh yeah: orange man bad

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Kids dont give 2 squats about Iran.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I just told my child if I ever catch them reading TIME magazine they will receive nothing in my will and the day they turn 18 never talk to me again. Good talk.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My youngest, 21 years, is ultra conservative in his views and DGAF about feelings on this. Its interesting seeing him and his brother interact on matters political, as the oldest is a very liberal 27 year old.

My conversations generally tend towards trying to mediate their extreme viewpoints.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

My dad was a army veteran was in Vietnam. My grandfather was in 3 different wars. When I was a kid there was no need to explain. War was war.

link   
Since kids now think they only have 10 years left to live because of climate change...they don't really give a s#it about some pile of smoldering flesh Iranian general.
edit on 7-1-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

And they replied with "We can't go to war. We suffer from bone spurs"

link   
My kids are 4 and 6. They do not have the knowledge to contextualize this, therefore I do not speak with my kids about war, politics, or religion, nor do I use my children as cudgels to beat others with my opinions without fear of criticism.

It would be nice if everyone, including the righties I typically side with these days, would do the same.
edit on 1 7 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

What is it with this criticism?

Are you saying that a legitimate medical condition that TO THIS DAY bars one from service is a legitimate avenue of attack?

If so, why?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
My kids are 4 and 6. They do not have the knowledge to contextualize this, therefore I do not speak with my kids about war, politics, or religion, nor do I use my children as cudgels to beat others with my opinions without fear of criticism.

It would be nice if everyone, including the righties I typically side with these days, would do the same.

Exactly, no normal "kid" is even going to know about Iran. I'd venture less than 10% of high schoolers even know.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join