It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name your faviorate food

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I was at a festival and there was this one truck selling brisket nachos.... 16 hours cooked on the big smoker grill.

It was fantastic.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Homemade Pasties are pretty good. Also a great roast beef or roast chicken dinner is good.

I'm not fussy, almost any home made more natural food is good.

I love Chef salads, but the nitrates drop my blood pressure too low if I eat them now,

I hate having to pick something and say it is my favorite.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
King crab is easier to eat then Dungeness, but I thing Dungeness is a little tastier. I ate king a couple times last week, and just bought a Dungeness. Only $6 per lb, fresh. The king are $17 a lb, and are always frozen.

My favorite way to eat crab, is to dip in in fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice, then into drawn butter. The Meyer is a cross between a orange and lemon, and has a sweetness to it. I have three different types of lemon trees here, and they are loaded with ripe lemons now. I have two types of Meyer, and also a Eureka lemon.

I also enjoy lobster. Lobster is on sale for $6 a medium tail. I bought 4 of them last week.

I also love fresh Alaskan Steelhead, served the same way.

I love Angus beef. Rib eyes, New York, Porter house, marinated in Soyvey/orange juice concentrate for at least 24 hours, then barbequed . Choice marinated skirt steaks, cut, and rolled into pinwheels with peppers and onion inside are another favorite of mine.

I do love the tiny lamb t bones, served with Egyptian mint sauce.
Eggplant is another favorite, baked and rubbed with butter

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If I had to pick only one, chicken and dumplings. Not that thin stuff either, I like my broth nice and thick.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
If I had to pick only one, chicken and dumplings. Not that thin stuff either, I like my broth nice and thick.

I make a killer chicken and dumplings. It is actually what my kid asked for when she came back home from college.
I make it all from scratch, including the dumplings. I make them southern style. It doesn't matter how much I make, there is never a scrap left. Comfort food at it's finest.

My two tricks for chicken n' dumplings.
Make your own stock - I add a little more salt than I normally would as the dumplings are pretty neutral in flavor.
Make the dumplings southern style. Very thick, soft yet chewy... perfection! Always make more dumplings than you think.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Stale donuts.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Stale donuts.

😆

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It's hard to nail down just one favorite go-to. One any given day, a dish I might swear is my favorite can be beat by an out-of-sight preparation of something I might otherwise consider just acceptable.

I really, honestly can't think of just one thing I love and crave about all others.

I'd love to go back to the little BBQ joint in St. Louis for more of their ribs and sweet potato fries. I wait for the nights when the voodoo wing sauce at the local wing stop is just right and hot as hades. I'm a sucker for really good ikura at a sushi bar. The burnt ends at KC Joe's are fabulous when they're on their game. A good bowl of really lovingly prepared pho ... not much beats that when you can find it. Squid steak cooked perfectly which is tough like crazy to do. And there was this mom and pop Mexi joint in my hometown that's long out of business that used to have this green chili gravy that was to die for ... and I've never, ever found anything like it anywhere else.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thai food. When I returned back from Thailand to Australia I just couldn't eat australian food for a month. Everything tasted like cardboard.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Speaking of Australian food ... there is a little cafe in Colorado run by some Aussie expats that makes Aussie meat pies. They're pretty rockin' good too. I love that savory gravy goin' on there. But we only get to visit Ft. Collins every other year or so.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Meat pie's are certainly good if they made well. Meat pies and beer was mainstrean food at football.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Time4Nostalgia

Name your faviorate food [sic]

We don't eat the ones we give names to..

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietWoke

Name your faviorate food [sic]

We don't eat the ones we give names to..

Love it! That was my grandfather's philosophy. He raised sheep and every year there was a pun of rejected lambs that had to be bottle fed, and he was always very, very careful about how much he let my mom and my aunt interact with them or else they'd have names.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Welp I'm starving now after reading through this thread.

I'll just add anything can be good if made with good ingredients.

I'm a sucker for hot, hearty soup on cold day. Or chili.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Chiko's (Chocolate Jelly Babies)…!!

2nd

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Grandma's spaghetti. Nothing beats it.
edit on 13-1-2020 by LoneBird because: Incorrect wording

edit on 13-1-2020 by LoneBird because: Can't spell spaghetti. Need to go back to school.

posted on Jun, 15 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Pasta, any kid of pasta. And shrimp. Cooked all kinds of different ways.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 01:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join