It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What’s up with the new changes on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
ETA, thanks everyone for your help. My browser changed, not ATS. MODS, feel free to trash.

So I’d been getting the notification to update my iPad to the latest software. I put it off for over a week due to the fact that, Apple software updates sometimes aren’t good for your device.

Yesterday I was also trying to tackle (once again), how to upload pics on ATS from an iPad, still to no avail. So I decided, let’s try the update. Maybe that’s why it’s not working, cuz I’m following all the steps to a tee.

It took over an hour to update. Once it was finally finished, low and behold, ATS changed its format design again. Everything is now shrunken down, which it makes harder to read. Additionally, there is a new border. The borders a pictures. They change each time you move to a different page. I’ve been trying to make out what the pictures are. Some look like old congressional photos. Others look like old ufo pics.

I’m all for improving the site. However, this doesn’t feel like an improvement. I have to expand my screen to read the text. When I do, it makes scrolling sloppy and difficult to keep straight. The background pics also bleed through the screen, which makes me feel scattered while reading.

Is anyone else seeing this new change after updating their device?
edit on 7-1-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I use Internet Explorer for loading pics. But I use Chrome for surfing and posting.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Updated phone.....confused why things look different. ATS clearly changed....

ATS hasn't changed for years...
edit on 7/1/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Yes, it did. Maybe they just changed the mobile version for tablets. But it definitely changed. I’d take a screen shot and show you, but there’s that pesky picture issue I already mentioned.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
3 years ago it did the change as described....cool, too

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'd guess you're using the desktop version. Try the account settings.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Yes, it did. Maybe they just changed the mobile version for tablets. But it definitely changed. I’d take a screen shot and show you, but there’s that pesky picture issue I already mentioned.

No the problem is...they haven't changed ATS for years.. web browsers have changed...ATS hasn't.
edit on 7/1/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I use Internet Explorer for loading pics. But I use Chrome for surfing and posting.

Use Duckduckgo.....no as and faster loading.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

No the problem is...they haven't.changed ATS for years.. web browsers have changed...ATS hasn't.

You’re probably right. I’m curious as to why I’ve never seen these background pics before. Do you see them?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Introducing Desktop-class Browsing on iPad WWDC 2019 iOS iOS 13 brings desktop-class browsing to iPad. With blazing-fast performance, industry-leading security, and modern desktop features, Safari on iPad supports the latest web standards designed and automatically adapts desktop sites and web apps to touch in order to deliver a rich browsing...

This may have to do with your issue. I just put the quote 'cuz the link goes to video I can't watch.

And yeah, ATS hasn't changed format in years...

ETA: The Link I Can't Watch

edit on 1/7/2020 by Admitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Yeah most websites have figured out how to make uploading a picture from a phone as easy as just finding the picture, but not ATS, they’ve decided the best way is a convoluted upload process that never works on mobil.

I will never understand why they don’t just use the same system as every other website that exists.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I doubt ATS changed anything. They can’t even manage to make this a secure site. Uploading a photo is archaic. Ads are intrusive and malicious. Hell, they still use an Obama picture for the politicians and people forum.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

No, it did not. Period. Your issue is screen resolution. You now have it set t a higher level, i.e.: more pixels. That is precisely why you now see the background. It was hidden before. It also explains why the text is smaller. ATS is not at fault here.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

The picture issue is usually with the size of the picture. My phone's camera takes super high quality pics that are usually 5MB+, but ATS has a limit on size, so I have to screen shot the picture, and then upload.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I’ve already acknowledged this. Look above. My resolution hasn’t changed. The background was solid black before. Now there are grainy pics.

Not saying ATS has a problem. It makes more sense that my browser changed as someone else mentioned. Just don’t understand why I never saw the pics before.

Nonetheless, no big deal.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

I’ve already acknowledged this. Look above. My resolution hasn’t changed. The background was solid black before. Now there are grainy pics.

Not saying ATS has a problem. It makes more sense that my browser changed as someone else mentioned. Just don’t understand why I never saw the pics before.

Nonetheless, no big deal.

You are in desktop view.

Go to your account and look at the bottom of the account page to make sure.

In mobile view there are no sidebar pictures.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I did that as another poster mentioned this. It still looks the same in both views. Nothing changes.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The only time ATS changes for me is when I have the software update. It is the update that does it, so I find out what caused the change and correct it. It has happened many times over the years. It doesn't seem to effect Facebook but it does effect other sites and I think maybe they are designing the software to match big social media sites like facebook and twitter.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Never such things here.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Wow..where are you looking? I can upload Picts direct to ATS. Takes 2secs

top topics

<<   2 >>

join