It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change denial

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Bernie Sanders is a climate change denier. He denies owning 3 homes for two people is somehow having no impact on anything. Same goes for the rest of them. They are the real deniers.

Oh, they figure that because they're better and smarter than the rest of us, they should just have more and better while they force all the rest of us to live exactly how they say we should. Because if they can make that happen, then the few lords who live on high won't have enough impact to matter.

And this is why I take everything them and people like them tell me with a grain of salt, massive, unlike many, many others who apparently cannot wait to become dirt grubbing peasants again.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
In the end, denial or not, this is my home. It may be temporary but I would like to keep it clean, healthy and in order for as long as I am here. Humans are horrible in the way we treat the Earth and its flora and fauna. Will the Earth be here long after we are gone? bet your ass it will

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Science is used to rape the people more than to help the people. If they took the money they want to collect from us and used it to actually do the right thing instead of feeding it to scientists who profit by collecting evidence to show that Climate change is real, I would say...go head, fix the thing.

They are not using the money to fix the issue.

The only way to fix it is to stop all of the waste in society, people who buy lettuce and then throw away half of it are helping to cause the problem because growing perishable items frees carbon from the environment just like anything else does

You cannot just blame fossil fuels, coal is no more of a problem than natural gas, it destroys the earth getting elements to make solar panels too. Cows fart less when out in the field eating grass than when eating corn and soy grains. You rarely have to add poisons or fertilizer to the cow pasture for grass to grow.

Focusing only on carbon is stupid, carbon can be reabsorbed if the trees and microbes are there to convert it back to soils. That is being ignored by environmental activists backing the climate change deal

All that supposedly environmental fracking is just as bad if not worse than coal when used for generating power. It is a scam. They could make coal plants more environmental friendly, but consensus of the time of some high ranking environmental nuts is to blame it all on coal. Nuclear power plants would not be bad if we were to fix the nuclear waste instead of letting our children deal with it in a hundred years. Windmills are good, but severe weather can tear them apart, so they are not something we can count on to supply all of our power.

We need to quit wasting and buying things we really do not need, we need to quit flying all over the place or taking long trips because the cars get better gas mileage now. When I was young, most people around here put five thousand miles or less a year on their cars, now a high amount of people put on ten to fifteen thousand a year. People need to quit going shopping so often, combining trips and having a pantry of food to cycle into their routine. They must stop buying things they do not need. The carbon savings buying frozen veggies is way more than buying fresh foods because of the trips to the store all the time. Nothing wrong with stopping by the store on the way home from work though, save gas and miles on your car by thinking ahead.

Our society has turned into a rat race, back when I was young, people planned out their meals more and wasted less, taking care of leftovers and planning things better. Now, people do not plan or pay attention, they just go buy and toss out the old. Buying new appliances does not get you a better product, that energy efficient refrigerator usually only keeps it's efficiency for a few years and only lasts seven or eight years before having to be purchased again. It does not matter how expensive it is, rich people can afford to buy new expensive stuff more often.

These people at the top of this environmental crap think we are all stupid, the old environmentalists years ago thought people were just ignorant, not stupid. I ignore false things, That paris crap is not a solution, they just want power and want to handle and spend everyone's money on things that are not actually going to help our planet. They want us to buy new more energy efficient things, buying things to replace things that are good is not environmentally friendly.

Why do people believe these cons that make great money taking away the working mans money. Tax the airlines and make flying super expensive, tax the cruise ships, tax the cargo of merchandise traveling half way around the world, start producing stuff in an environmentally friendly way in communities around your country, supplying your own people with what they need. Quit buying things you do not really need, you do not need a nail gun to nail in a hundred nails in the steps you are making, use a hammer, it does not require an air compressor.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

I think burning so much gasoline everyday is causing a lot of air pollution.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Bernie Sanders is a climate change denier. He denies owning 3 homes for two people is somehow having no impact on anything. Same goes for the rest of them. They are the real deniers.

Oh, they figure that because they're better and smarter than the rest of us, they should just have more and better while they force all the rest of us to live exactly how they say we should. Because if they can make that happen, then the few lords who live on high won't have enough impact to matter.
And this is why I take everything them and people like them tell me with a grain of salt, massive, unlike many, many others who apparently cannot wait to become dirt grubbing peasants again.

no Bernie is not a climate change denier. all he is, is keeping to his communist ideals. just like so many of those who are both rich and pushing their religion of human caused climate change (which has become a trojan horse for communism) on everyone. they are working hard for everyone, and therefore deserve to have it all. after all it would make it harder to do the important work they do while worrying about their needs like everyone else. they are after all the most important people and deserve their luxuries.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Science is used to rape the people more than to help the people. If they took the money they want to collect from us and used it to actually do the right thing instead of feeding it to scientists who profit by collecting evidence to show that Climate change is real, I would say...go head, fix the thing.

The only way to fix it is to stop all of the waste in society, people who buy lettuce and then throw away half of it are helping to cause the problem because growing perishable items frees carbon from the environment just like anything else does

You cannot just blame fossil fuels, coal is no more of a problem than natural gas, it destroys the earth getting elements to make solar panels too. Cows fart less when out in the field eating grass than when eating corn and soy grains. You rarely have to add poisons or fertilizer to the cow pasture for grass to grow.

Focusing only on carbon is stupid, carbon can be reabsorbed if the trees and microbes are there to convert it back to soils. That is being ignored by environmental activists backing the climate change deal

All that supposedly environmental fracking is just as bad if not worse than coal when used for generating power. It is a scam. They could make coal plants more environmental friendly, but consensus of the time of some high ranking environmental nuts is to blame it all on coal. Nuclear power plants would not be bad if we were to fix the nuclear waste instead of letting our children deal with it in a hundred years. Windmills are good, but severe weather can tear them apart, so they are not something we can count on to supply all of our power.

We need to quit wasting and buying things we really do not need, we need to quit flying all over the place or taking long trips because the cars get better gas mileage now. When I was young, most people around here put five thousand miles or less a year on their cars, now a high amount of people put on ten to fifteen thousand a year. People need to quit going shopping so often, combining trips and having a pantry of food to cycle into their routine. They must stop buying things they do not need. The carbon savings buying frozen veggies is way more than buying fresh foods because of the trips to the store all the time. Nothing wrong with stopping by the store on the way home from work though, save gas and miles on your car by thinking ahead.

Our society has turned into a rat race, back when I was young, people planned out their meals more and wasted less, taking care of leftovers and planning things better. Now, people do not plan or pay attention, they just go buy and toss out the old. Buying new appliances does not get you a better product, that energy efficient refrigerator usually only keeps it's efficiency for a few years and only lasts seven or eight years before having to be purchased again. It does not matter how expensive it is, rich people can afford to buy new expensive stuff more often.

These people at the top of this environmental crap think we are all stupid, the old environmentalists years ago thought people were just ignorant, not stupid. I ignore false things, That paris crap is not a solution, they just want power and want to handle and spend everyone's money on things that are not actually going to help our planet. They want us to buy new more energy efficient things, buying things to replace things that are good is not environmentally friendly.

Why do people believe these cons that make great money taking away the working mans money. Tax the airlines and make flying super expensive, tax the cruise ships, tax the cargo of merchandise traveling half way around the world, start producing stuff in an environmentally friendly way in communities around your country, supplying your own people with what they need. Quit buying things you do not really need, you do not need a nail gun to nail in a hundred nails in the steps you are making, use a hammer, it does not require an air compressor.

So sad - everything is disposable. Most definitely a rat race. Humans are a horrible species.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Also climate delusions are a real problem, people think that if you pollute more, use more resources and throw cash at climate change it will somehow stop or reverse it or whatever.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I am with you! Use a #ing hammer!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Never heard of a catalytic converter I see.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I can give you an A+ for effort, but not your conclusions.

For the sake of this conversation, I believe!!! I believe with all my heart and soul and intellectual capacity!!! I believe that the earth -- and therefore humanity -- are facing absolutely catastrophic and devastating consequences due to our behavior... and I KNOW damn well that the only "solutions" being offered are designed to benefit the few at the expense of the many. So now I'm angry. Not just angry, I'm pissed off as HELL!!!

Because the people crying the loudest are also the ones with the biggest carbon footprint. Because these same people are demanding that the rest of us sacrifice ever more while they indulge themselves ever more.

Because crony capitalism and faux moral outrage has criminalized a virtually non-toxic and therefore non-polluting plant which can replace ALL petroleum products.

Because corporatocracy has enabled and empowered a disposable and consumption-driven economy, with built-in obsolescence and inferior quality, driving unnecessary manufacturing and production, along with the attendant pollution.

Because no effort is made to best utilize existing technology in ways that reduce travel-related pollution, such as cyber-summits replacing environmental summits at fancy destinations reached by private jets and luxury yachts, or more work-from-home positions performed at a computer eliminating the worker's daily commute.

Because private property rights and our rights to provide a living for ourselves have been so eroded and trampled that we are virtually forced to pollute the world -- we must find work outside the home as increasing regulations stifle cottage industries and home businesses; we are increasingly prohibited -- or greatly restricted -- in our ability to use our land for growing our own food and/or to barter/sell; not to mention that the cost of living has become so inflated that most families need two incomes (thus doubling air-polluting commutes) just to stay out of poverty, and local codes and zoning laws increasingly prohibit permits for home additions or guest houses for family members, thus requiring ever more construction for housing, roads, municipal services such as utilities, police and fire.

Because every argument and every solution puts the burden on the little guy one way or another, including this OP. And the simple truth is that WE are not the problem and WE are therefore not the solution.

We are being played.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Yeah, I wish we could make it better, but even those who back climate change just point their fingers at carbon. As long as it does not effect their lifestyle negatively, they will support the climate change scam and feel good because they are working towards fixing something even though, like false charities where all the money is used to pay for crap that helps noone, it is a scam.

Giving money to that Paris deal is a waste of money, if our government spent that money to fix things here we would do much better at cleaning things up properly. How many smokestacks could be fixed with the money they want us to give to Paris?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I feel the same about volcanoes. The Pacific Ring of Fire has over 400 of them. Could drop water on them but that's a lot more jet fuel pollution....what to do?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Modern human society can be reduced to this thought, you start as a slave and work your way up to becoming a slaver.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Never heard of a catalytic converter I see.

The majority of people I know seem to be driving way more than they used to back in the sixties and seventies. Sure, there were people back then who drove a real lot, but most people did not. We walked to the supermarket two blocks away instead of taking the car to go fifteen blocks away, there were lots of small markets in walking distance of homes.

Catalytic converters convert carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide, they do not stop CO2 from forming, they do not bring up efficiency. They do keep us from using the tailpipe to gas the cat you need to put down or to keep people from dying of Carbon monoxide poisoning in their garage when working on the car, the smell of rotten eggs makes them open the door.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

The SOLUTION to carbon, energy and food has been solved. Micheal Smith from Whitefish Montana, has made what he calls The Green Powerhouse. Its a closed loop system.
His company is called Regenitech I believe everyone if and when they understand his process would be screaming for him to get funding and put this into production.
www.facebook.com...
edit on 7-1-2020 by Joeshiloh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: Boadicea

Modern human society can be reduced to this thought, you start as a slave and work your way up to becoming a slaver.

That about sums it up.

We've all been sold out... except those who sold their own souls.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I can give you an A+ for effort, but not your conclusions.

For the sake of this conversation, I believe!!! I believe with all my heart and soul and intellectual capacity!!! I believe that the earth -- and therefore humanity -- are facing absolutely catastrophic and devastating consequences due to our behavior... and I KNOW damn well that the only "solutions" being offered are designed to benefit the few at the expense of the many. So now I'm angry. Not just angry, I'm pissed off as HELL!!!

Because the people crying the loudest are also the ones with the biggest carbon footprint. Because these same people are demanding that the rest of us sacrifice ever more while they indulge themselves ever more.

Because crony capitalism and faux moral outrage has criminalized a virtually non-toxic and therefore non-polluting plant which can replace ALL petroleum products.

Because corporatocracy has enabled and empowered a disposable and consumption-driven economy, with built-in obsolescence and inferior quality, driving unnecessary manufacturing and production, along with the attendant pollution.

Because no effort is made to best utilize existing technology in ways that reduce travel-related pollution, such as cyber-summits replacing environmental summits at fancy destinations reached by private jets and luxury yachts, or more work-from-home positions performed at a computer eliminating the worker's daily commute.

Because private property rights and our rights to provide a living for ourselves have been so eroded and trampled that we are virtually forced to pollute the world -- we must find work outside the home as increasing regulations stifle cottage industries and home businesses; we are increasingly prohibited -- or greatly restricted -- in our ability to use our land for growing our own food and/or to barter/sell; not to mention that the cost of living has become so inflated that most families need two incomes (thus doubling air-polluting commutes) just to stay out of poverty, and local codes and zoning laws increasingly prohibit permits for home additions or guest houses for family members, thus requiring ever more construction for housing, roads, municipal services such as utilities, police and fire.

Because every argument and every solution puts the burden on the little guy one way or another, including this OP. And the simple truth is that WE are not the problem and WE are therefore not the solution.

We are being played.

I love this response! I do not agree with your conclusion either but I do, wholeheartedly, agree with all of your other points! Thank you for the valuable input!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...

Climate change denial

True believers always attempt to pigeon hole the unbeliever with the use of catchphrases...

Labeling...is the method most used in an attempt to gain some imagined moral high ground over the non believer...

the refusal to accept the reality of climate change

Everybody accepts the reality of climate change...just not...YOUR...particular reality...

"I reject your version of reality...and substitute my own"

I'm just not a follower of your particular...ahem...faith...

YouSir

Fair enough.

No where did I state or even ask anyone to accept my reality in fact, good Sir, I don't believe anyone here knows the color of my reality. Wait, are we related or something? No, just a joke
But I do have a question for you, why the "Ahem" before the word faith? Do you have any? in anything? Sometimes I feel very sad, it does not seem like many people have faith in or even cherish anything anymore. We live in such a disposable world. That is another topic though.

Ummm...perhaps because of the misapplied definitions that people use to describe...faith...

Faith and belief are extreme opposites...

Belief is a state where one is unsure the perspective under question is truth...

Faith on the other hand is Gnosis...or knowledge...however most times these concepts are used as interchangeable when in fact they are diametrically opposed...

Do I have any faith…?

I do...knowledge not gained by reading or through any education system...gained rather by meditation...void meditation primarily...Experiences unique to my own path in which I experienced the entirety of the all...where all of knowing was there in my mind...however the reality of returning back to my physical nature and residing in physicality...that knowing was not so much lost...but too vast for the zip drive of the mind...

These are my thoughts on the matter and as such are unique to my own experience...I can point to the directions I've traversed...however...your walk is unique to you...

That's why the best teacher is always the self...Gnosis and logic are sustenance enough for me...

Perhaps if perspective and perception can be based or founded in truth and fact...then such might be more obvious...but if persons or groups interject their own falsehoods and inconsistencies into whatever it is they're trying to sell...then there might not be any argument necessary...

However...from my observation...agenda always seems to be the mouthpiece for such sales...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

Ummm...

Climate change denial

True believers always attempt to pigeon hole the unbeliever with the use of catchphrases...

Labeling...is the method most used in an attempt to gain some imagined moral high ground over the non believer...

the refusal to accept the reality of climate change

Everybody accepts the reality of climate change...just not...YOUR...particular reality...

"I reject your version of reality...and substitute my own"

I'm just not a follower of your particular...ahem...faith...

YouSir

Fair enough.

No where did I state or even ask anyone to accept my reality in fact, good Sir, I don't believe anyone here knows the color of my reality. Wait, are we related or something? No, just a joke
But I do have a question for you, why the "Ahem" before the word faith? Do you have any? in anything? Sometimes I feel very sad, it does not seem like many people have faith in or even cherish anything anymore. We live in such a disposable world. That is another topic though.

Ummm...perhaps because of the misapplied definitions that people use to describe...faith...

Faith and belief are extreme opposites...

Belief is a state where one is unsure the perspective under question is truth...

Faith on the other hand is Gnosis...or knowledge...however most times these concepts are used as interchangeable when in fact they are diametrically opposed...

Do I have any faith…?

I do...knowledge not gained by reading or through any education system...gained rather by meditation...void meditation primarily...Experiences unique to my own path in which I experienced the entirety of the all...where all of knowing was there in my mind...however the reality of returning back to my physical nature and residing in physicality...that knowing was not so much lost...but too vast for the zip drive of the mind...

These are my thoughts on the matter and as such are unique to my own experience...I can point to the directions I've traversed...however...your walk is unique to you...

That's why the best teacher is always the self...Gnosis and logic are sustenance enough for me...

Perhaps if perspective and perception can be based or founded in truth and fact...then such might be more obvious...but if persons or groups interject their own falsehoods and inconsistencies into whatever it is they're trying to sell...then there might not be any argument necessary...

However...from my observation...agenda always seems to be the mouthpiece for such sales...

YouSir

It always comes down to the agenda though, doesn't it? It is exhausting.

Belief and faith. I believe that we have in some small way contributed to our ultimate demise and I have faith in my beliefs

I like your direction!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The true problem is we are losing top soil because of how we work the land with fertilizer. That kills the microbes in the soil If we put the cabon back into the soil and than fertilize properly we can restore the top soil. If we lose the soil it won't matter about climate change. The problem will be solved one way or the other.
Please check out the research by Michael Smith
www.facebook.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join