It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is responsible for the Australian Bush fires - ITS NOT CLIMATE CHANGE...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   
24 people actually charged with lighting fires

Kinda looks like this op belongs in the hoax bin.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 02:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
So this wasn't climate change - yay for those in denial.
The climate has been changed as a result of this event.
It doesn't matter. Our house is in disarray and it has been for a while, and it will get worse unless everyone can agree and make some real changes.

Here's is what I can't understand about climate change. Why are people so against it? I mean even if everything about climate change is false, isn't it still a great idea to take care of our environment? And yes, the Earth will always take care of itself that's true, but don't we want to at least try to keep our home clean and uncluttered while we are here? If we had taken good care of the Earth can you imagine how beautiful it would be and how awesome our relationship with it would be?

It's stupid. It's like people talking about how utterly devastated they are about the loss of over half a million animals and ordering steak for dinner. Wake the # up people.

Right on !

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

THIS!! The OP starts a thread on a claim that has been refuted by Australian Police; a claim that is being spread online by automated bots. This thread absolutely should be in the hoax bin. Mods? Can you show us that ATS is not pushing a cultural/political agenda? This is a PROVEN HOAX. BIN IT.

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: daftpink

I don't think you get how it is in the US either.

Our cities are much more sprawled, our states, just states, are larger than many European nations. We have more distance to go than you do.

Compare Kansas to UK. The entire UK is narrower across than my drive from Kansas City to visit my parents.

The headmaster at the private school we sent my son to for two years on a shoestring with aid was from Scotland. He talked about taking a trip to Dodge city which might be like driving from the very tip of the widest part of the Southern end of the isle to opposite tip of the Southern end, roughly.

Distances matter. Our cities are more sprawled because they can be.

Of course I get it - I'm in Scotland and know how difficult it can be in the US. Public transport here is good but needs to be better in your country. A poster (sorry if it was you, my memory fails me) said that public transport stops at 5pm! That's just ridiculous and is what people should pressure campaign on. If people care about improving their environment then pressure pressure pressure your local government!

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

Nope, you don't get it.

Where I am, there are not enough homes to make public transportation practical. If a van were to try and run a route, it would take hours to get to town because of all the roads that would need to be traversed and most times the van would be empty. That saves nothing; it actually increases the amount of fuel burned. If we ran a van by demand, the wait would still be long and the fuel usage increased, because the van might be on its way to town with one person when someone else called in. In either case, the cost would be crazy, because you have to pay for that fuel somehow.

And don't even think about the fuel needed for an actual bus.

Scotland is a very small country. You don't have far to go to get anywhere. We have a good ways to go to get anywhere.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We have another thread about the causes of the Australian fires here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, this thread is closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join