It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Is Not What It Seems!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+72 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have a very close friend and contact who is Iranian and is well connected with the resistance movement in that nation.

My contact has said that nothing is as it appears to be at least from the perspective of what we're being told and shown.

For the record, my contact lived in Iran for over 40 years and worked as a journalist in that country as well as having served as an editor for several of their internal news organizations. He left Iran almost 4 years ago and now resides in Canada. He has kept in close contact with his ties in Iran since leaving and has his hand on the pulse of the people in that nation.

Here's the highlights from the conversation/interview with my contact:

Apparently, the demonstrations we're being shown on television is a farce; he said the Iranian government typically pays or otherwise compels those we see demonstrating to be out en masse protesting. In reality, by and large, the Iranian people hated Soleimani and celebrated his death

As much as people are attacking Trump for this move, the Iranian people are thankful for what Trump "had the guts to do" in face of the expected opposition and backlash

Everything we're being told about Soleimani is apparently true and just the tip of the iceberg. He was apparently worse than what Western media has indicated in many respects

From the perspective of my contact, Soleimani "deserved" to die and "should of suffered more".

It's easy for the Iranian government to assemble even as many as a million people in the streets but that most of Iran's population of 81 million not only hated Soleimani but hate the Iranian regime altogether.

For these protests, from a logistical standpoint, they do it by recruiting 100,000 people from ten cities and then assemble all of them in the capitol. These protesters are paid and during the demonstrations they receive everything from meals to clothing; they are apparently well taken of and serve to show whatever the Iranian government wants to depict.

For reference, these demonstrations aren't nearly as big or widespread as others have been, for example, when the people of Iran are behind them instead of the government; last time this happened was ten years ago when Ahmadinejad was elected through, what many Iranian people viewed as, cheating. It was a silent protest, albeit, but there were three million in the streets for it.

The Iranian people want war not because they have a problem with the U.S., but rather because they want regime-change and hate their government.

The internal Iranian resistance movement is large and involves "millions and millions" of the nation's population.

The push back from Iraq is also not representative of the reality on the ground. It's true that the current ruling coalition in that country supports the Iranian regime, but that coalition only represents a third of the country's population. By and large, the Iraqi people support what the U.S. did and are in lock step with the majority of Iranians.

edit on 6-1-2020 by corkUSMC because: Took last line out.

edit on 1/7/2020 by semperfortis because: Corrected all CAPS

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the inside information!

Well done!

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: corkUSMC

I believe this to be very close to the truth but a tuff sell with no sources.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i saw a post on reddit and user was saying the exact same thing about his Iranian friend who is in Iran.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I've heard as much from a few people I know and trust who are from that area. So, I believe ya. These recent events have been pretty sketchy.

I think the most annoying thing about this whole thing has been the kids and young adults screaming about WW3 coming and how to avoid a draft.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Karmel Melamed from the Jewish Journal said the same almost word for word.

Some high points from Karmel's 'share'

Dear Friends,
Many of you have asked me what the deal is with the Soleimani funerals...

Please DO NOT believe the U.S. or Iranian regime media hype regarding the Soleimani funeral in Iran!

Journalists...have indicating to me today that people in Iran have been forced to attend his public funeral by the regime thugs or face imprisonment or even possibly being killed.

The regime has shut down schools, forced businesses to shut down and shut down public offices for this charade funeral!

The regime has bused in Shiite supporters and their family members from Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria for this big production... so the crowds will look large for the cameras.

The majority of people in Iran are quite happy this man who murdered innocent Iranians recently during the protests is dead.

This is like any other major funeral in a brutal totalitarian dictatorship... remember Kim Jong Il's funeral in North Korea several years ago?! SAME DEAL here in Iran!

There's a lot more where that came from at the above link.

Is it surprising that what we 'see' from MSM is nothing but more BS? No, of course not.

edit on 4848Monday202013 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well, the person who is giving this info is part of the resistance. so we must be somewhat skeptical of the figures.

I did know someone who came from Iran maybe ten to twelve years ago, I do not know how the guy actually got here. He did say that the Government there was more interested in gaining power than in helping their citizens to live. He also said that if you said anything and got caught, it was bad news. We did not talk long, only about five minutes. I had asked him how it was when he lived in Iran. Again, he left Iran, he wanted out. So I took what he said with a grain of salt. At that time, it was hard for anyone to immigrate here from Iran, I wondered how he actually got into America.

I do believe that the guy in the OP was saying how most people feel, but his numbers might be a little over estimated.
edit on 6-1-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Cool story but..

Why should we believe you?

Your "Iranian contact" sure was convenient for you to make this thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
As I've said all along, get rid of the regime and the streets will be filled with cheering Iranians. The same ones who are now being forced, or bribed to cry and march. Then they can elect honorable leaders.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I dated an Iranian woman for a while...

she told me her family and friends in Iran were all waiting for the day the US would start bombing their government.

waiting in anticipating of change, not in fear

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:07 AM
link   

edit on 7-1-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
First, Iran will not do anything to cause war, they are not stupid. They do play the propaganda card extremely well and the Middle East as a whole does this as normal operations all the time. Their leaders might even foam at the month as they vomit American hate, but its just a game to them to maintain their religious oligarchy government which no one wants except for the few at the top and that is what Iran is. Out of 80 million how many do you all think love their style of Goverment...lol geez get real people.

edit on 7-1-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
My brothers father in law is iranian and at a bday party saturday night told me that Iranian people was genuinely fuming at America. Is your source actually Iranian ?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: corkUSMC
Apparently, the demonstrations we're being shown on television is a farce;

Of course they are. There are two types of demonstration in the repressive Iranian dictatorship. One which is state supported and engineered and the other is where demonstrators are shot.

I have a member of staff who has family in Iran. He stated that beyond the staged demonstrations many Iranians are quite pleased to see the removal of the brutal Soleimani. That said, the Iranian propaganda machine is designed to stir the "death to America" sentiment and clearly the US actions will create a strengthened narrative.

For the record, I think that the assassination of Soleimani is a mistake and should not have happened.
edit on 7/1/2020 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: theruthlessone
My brothers father in law is iranian and at a bday party saturday night told me that Iranian people was genuinely fuming at America. Is your source actually Iranian ?

My uncles mothers cousin said you are full of crap.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
As long as they are aware what US help means

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I have a very close friend and contact who is Iranian and is well connected with the resistance movement in that nation.

Let me fix this for you.

I know a guy who is Iranian that claims to be well connected with the resistance movement in that nation.

There, all better.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Rick Steves traveled there a little while back. He asked some of the locals. They basically said much of the same. They don't like their theocratic system.

He showcases some of the US hate murals but they are the same ones from when I was a child. Just government sponsored hatred. The murals are at the old US embassy. They have many more murals that have nothing to do with this hatred.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Are you looking for a justification of an assassination? Quite a few people worldwide would cheer if someone shot Trump, would that make it right somehow?
You'd have to live under a rock if the news about unhappy Iranians has never reached your attention, that's not something any media outlet has been trying to hide, quite the opposite is true.
But just as with every other issue it's fatal to look at politics as matters of black and white. There are still millions supporting the revolution in Iran.
Even if they don't that doesn't mean they'd support the US drone killing their uncles and brothers...

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: corkUSMC
Apparently, the demonstrations we're being shown on television is a farce;

Of course they are. There are two types of demonstration in the repressive Iranian dictatorship. One which is state supported and engineered and the other is where demonstrators are shot.

I have a member of staff who has family in Iran. He stated that beyond the staged demonstrations many Iranians are quite pleased to see the removal of the brutal Soleimani. That said, the Iranian propaganda machine is designed to stir the "death to America" sentiment and clearly the US actions will create a strengthened narrative.

For the record, I think that the assassination of Soleimani is a mistake and should not have happened.

Agreed. I think the assasination and the way the US refused to notify allies was a major misake that'll further isolate the US and will be painted as more evidence the US is the great Satan by the Iran leadership, but Iranian civillians are being given the 'choice' of protest or be shot/imprisoned.

The majority of Iranians, especially the youth, have a 'western/liberal' mindset and hate the mad mullahs and oppressive regime. It's why hundreds of thousands risk their lives per year being smuggled out the country to Europe/UK than live under the repressive conditions there.

OP: You probably already know this but don't mention any specifics of who the journalist worked for as they and their relatives would be murdered or imprisoned and tortured for being part of the free press in Iran and being overseas doesn't make them safe/less of a target.
edit on 7-1-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join