It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones defends support for Republican Party

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Metallicus

Dont do this, please. Dont give me a reason to not keep hating the Cowboys.

Lol, I hate them too, but you have to give them credit for hiring Mike McCarthy. He is a good coach and better human.

I legit cannot understand American football, when the NFL is on here, I tend to fall into a coma.. it's worse than golf and cricket combined with tennis.

Steady on, nowhere near as bad as golf and cricket lol

I watch it a little, don't have a full grasp on it I admit, and it is boring compared to football (soccer). I see the appeal though, and it is gaining in popularity in the UK, which is weird to see.

Maybe i'll pick a team in the future if I keep watching, I could never love another sports team the way I do Liverpool though, not even close.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Dammit. Why does he have to do this and draw my support when I hate the Cowboys!

The NFL is as liberal as Disney and ESPN. I remember when the owners came together and refused to let Rush Limbaugh buy one of the NFL teams. Most of the big wigs in the NFL remind me of those stay-at-home moms in the gated communities who gather around, get drunk, and gossip about everyone else who isn't like them, and shun the people they no nothing about.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Crap, you beat me to it!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Eh, I'll never like the Cowboys, not even if one of my alums goes there. I'll do what I do with Tyler Lockett. I'll follow their personal career, wish them well, and continue to not care at all about the team they play for.

It's like saying that because Kraft and Brady are/were Trump supporters, I magically become a Patriots fan.

edit on 8-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: visitedbythem

And many republicans too. Why do you make such broad stroke remarks all the time? Do you honestly think it's all just angels and demons? And if so you need to get out more.

The democrats who haven't swung all the way to the left with the rest of the gaggle have actually become center or right of center. SO, yes, it is just angels and demons now.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah I know. I like the fact that he stands his ground though. My son always asks me if I root for Dak Prescott to do good because he's from the city that borders mine but I don't.

Democrats have divided this country and pointed their finger at us for it. They're a disease and a cancer on America. I can't help but support the good guys who are forced to justify why they support the party those asking the questions do not.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I legit cannot understand American football, when the NFL is on here, I tend to fall into a coma.. it's worse than golf and cricket combined with tennis.

Wait until they move a team there, it's gonna happen.

nah we already have rugby.. no body armour except the human body and the all blacks with their haka before a match is always great..

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

nah we already have rugby.

Yeah, sure, which is why 100,000 people show up each time they put on a football game there. Certainly isn't all expats.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant
In 1987 my ship pulled into Portsmouth. We went on liberty and were walking by a pub that has a US Football game on. It just happened to be a Steelers game so I stopped into watch it. Once the people there found out that I knew the game, they were all asking questions. It was a good afternoon. The next day I went there wearing a Steelers shirt and traded it to a British Navy officer. He tried to explain cricket to me, that was not a good afternoon.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thats because if you are Republican you are a racist! Can you believe that crap? a reply to: Metallicus

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ha Ha thats funny! DC4L! a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Yeah, sure, which is why 100,000 people show up each time they put on a football game there. Certainly isn't all expats.

Huh? What are you talking about. Did you hear the commentator or know the all blacks are kiwis? Ex pats?

I say old chap, that's just not cricket.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrustedTruth

I'm talking about when American Football is played in the UK, the crowds are constant sellouts. The NFL has targeted London as an expansion city.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

And to add, it'd be just you ex-pat seppos that would watch nfl here, which is why it's usually broadcast at 2am.. lol

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I'm talking about when American Football is played in the UK, the crowds are constant sellouts. The NFL has targeted London as an expansion city.

It's a good thing I don't live in the UK then.. phew, crisis averted.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It's a good thing I don't live in the UK then..

Good thing you were following the conversation.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You don't have to defend your support for whatever party you want... Only libtards try to ostracize!

A vote for democrats is a vote AGAINST AMERICA!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Three most awesome things about that?

1. They can call themselves the All Blacks.

2. They can all do the Maori dance.

3. They don't have a nation of wokescolds yelling at them for their racially insensitive name and for daring to culturally appropriate like that since it's clear not all of them are Maori or of Maori descent.

Sometimes, I'm so sick of what's going on in the US.

edit on 8-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If you've ever met a Maori with a moko, you wouldn't tell them what not to do either.

But yeah, a traditional Haka is much more intimidating... I've met many Maori... they don't mess around. Well, one I knew did.. he had rubbish tattooed all over his face, behind his back everyone called him cartoon head.. But he's still break your spine just with a stare..

Footballers, Rugby players have just taken something traditional and turned it into an event for show.. Traditionally it was a war dance, performed before violent battle with an enemy.. in this context it's just a show for the crowds.

Still, when your trying to touch someone elses balls, you'll do anything for the crowd..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join