It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Drone Mystery Sightings Finally Might Be Solved

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The mysterious drone swarms spotted over Colorado that have vexed the governor, law enforcement and residents might not be so mysterious after all.

Colorado Drone Mystery Sightings Finally Might Be Solved

These drones were spotted and filmed flying grid patterns at night, over desolate parts of Colorado and Nebraska. There has been a lot of speculation on where these drones came from. Some said they were military based, because of their size, with some people estimating they had six-foot spans. Others thought the drones were being used for night time survey missions.

This article, which was posted 2 hrs. ago, mentions that it could be part of "a secretive Air Force program."

The mysterious drone swarms spotted over Colorado that have vexed the governor, law enforcement and residents might not be so mysterious after all.

While no one has taken responsibility, and even the Federal Aviation Administration has claimed ignorance, the answer could be a secretive Air Force program intended to keep prying eyes away from nuclear missile silos.

Air Force Global Strike Command, which is based in Louisana, has confirmed that it conducts counterdrone exercises out of F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Cheyenne, where it is based.

The command oversees underground Minuteman silos spread across northeastern Colorado, southeastern Wyoming and western Nebraska, the area where the drones have been spotted nightly the past two weeks.

A Federal Aviation Administration map of the region where the drones have been spotted — Logan, Phillips, Sedgwick and Yuma counties — is pocked with red dots of where drones are forbidden, restricted airspace presumably above missile silos.

From an article published in 2016:

Air Force looking for a small, portable counter-drone device

The Air Force, concerned about the potential threats from small drones, is in the market for a portable, lightweight commercial device that can be used against them, according to a recent solicitation.

Pictures of popular commercial quadcopters used by ISIS emerged on Twitter recently. While the group and other non-state organizations have used UASs to take aerial shots for propaganda purposes, the concern is that it’s only a matter of time before they become flying improvised explosive devices.

“Since the solicitation process is still open, we are not able to provide any details other than what's in the request for proposal (RFP) listed on the website. The process is regulated by federal acquisition guidelines to avoid any competitive advantage,” a spokesperson at Air Force Global Strike Command told Defense Systems in an email

defensesystems.com...

Air Force Global Strike Command:

edit on 1/6/2020 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

What's the effective remoter control distance on small drones such as these?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm no expert on drone technology, so I wouldn't have a clue. I'm hoping the ATS member who builds super fast drones and posts his flights, might respond. He certainly would know.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That was my first thought.

The tech would have to be fairly advanced for such remote distance, formation, and extended flight time.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Or they're autonomous and dont need control range...

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Calling Triton an Macenroe82.

Actually Macenroe explains in the other thread, just how possible this is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Liquesence

Or they're autonomous and dont need control range...

Which makes them...advanced?

Advanced enough to be autonomous and programmed to fly in formation over such a distance?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Commercially available tech: 4.5-7 km

One of my fixed wings has a 90km transmitter range.
It’s 5 years old now, using hobby grade tech.

One of the drone companies I’ve contracted for, has a flight range in the 200 km+...on a single battery.

ETA- The amount of space needed to house all the drones internals is about the size of the palm of your hand.
Including an RTK GPS module.
Emlid makes an excellent, accurate down to the cm gps smaller than a credit card.
edit on 6-1-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I wouldn't be surprised if they bridge the gap and have them stationed in Arizona with a lot of the other drone ops.

Though even with a bridge gapper, you're going to encounter some ping.

I remember hearing something that we have a lot in Germany for the ME mission.... But I've had a few brewskies and my confidence isn't high... So don't quote me on that.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Made me think of THIS:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wouldn't they have some sort of Satnav? And I see a lot of if they were surveying then why is it at night(?). Perhaps a lot of this is testing FOR night maneuvers. I don't understand why they're doing it where they are doing it though.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
Calling Triton an Macenroe82.

Actually Macenroe explains in the other thread, just how possible this is.

Thanks
good call.

Onward...
Remember the very first thread around Christmas where law enforcement ask the Air Force if they were involved and the faa also said they had no clue?

Thanks SHAWMANFROMNY

Now where the hell are they flying in from? Are they being brought in my a truck? I've been studying the map of the area in question, gotta say there's no airport. But miles of room for a mobile launch unit.

A Federal Aviation Administration map of the region where the drones have been spotted — Logan, Phillips, Sedgwick and Yuma counties — is pocked with red dots of where drones are forbidden, restricted airspace presumably above missile silos.

Lisa Meserve, who handles federal sales for Dedrone, said her company is working with private companies and government organizations including the Air Force to detect drone flights. The firm has worked with F.E. Warren since an initial contract in 2017.

90th missile wing...

I remember when I was able to track a DJI on Flightradar24

edit on 6-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Any company responding to the RFP is going to test near where they are working on the system. There may be one of the companies there.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Gotcha.
Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Dude, i literally posted about this program in the last thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: BoscoMoney

Any company responding to the RFP is going to test near where they are working on the system. There may be one of the companies there.

What's near that area... I'm stumped 😐

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

A testing range if I had to guess. The company is probably in Commerce City or Denver. Or possibly somewhere like North Platte.
edit on 1/6/2020 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Bigburgh

A testing range if I had to guess. The company is probably in Commerce City or Denver. Or possibly somewhere like North Platte.

Welllll...
Sh!t...
Making coffee

We're not dealing with a quadcopter
. Drones with 6 foot wings.

Well my night just got longer...

Thanks Zaph 🤗

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Double oops.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Seems to me looking at that drone sighting map that a lot are clustered around I-80. This feels more and more to me about some sort of commerce undertaking. A way to move stuff. And expanding on that, you would probably want to have warehouses/recharge places along the line and thinking of how bad communication can be in the middle of no-where, perhaps new towers for drone networking. I also think well, people will kinda freak out at first about drones zipping back and forth in our skies so,...why not work out night logistics first and fly them only at night to begin with so as not to scare the population...at least until they get used to it. Just throwing poop musings against the wall here...
edit on 6-1-2020 by BoscoMoney because: Expansion

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join