It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Republicans are moving to dismiss the impeachment articles for Lack of Prosecution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A bunch of Republican senators lead by Sen. Hawley (R-MO) have introduced a resolution to amend the Senate's rules for conducting impeachment trials.

Article at Gateway Pundit.

The new rule would say that if the House does not transmit the articles of impeachment to the senate within 25 calendar days (from when the impeachment articles are adopted), then the senate can dismiss the articles on grounds of "lack of prosecution."

They are telling Nancy Pelosi that it is time to put up or shut up. And several of the sponsors are saying that word-for-word.

edit on 6-1-2020 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Good riddance. Don't you worry though, it seems ICC war crimes referral is the next dead horse smoking gun.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

This should have been done before the holiday break.

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Trump will be at the Hague for war crimes in a few days.

He killed a cute, fuzzy little terrorist and then leftists got a sad.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Back on Friday, Hawley said he would do this if Pelosi hadn't transmitted the articles by Monday.

I'm a bit surprised to see Ted Cruz is a co-sponsor. When even he's sick of the Dem's nonsense, you know impeachment has officially jumped the shark.
edit on 6-1-2020 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I'm surprised none of the Republicans have come back with "Obama approved over 500 strikes and killed a few thousand, including regular citizens without Congress' approval and no one said a word".

No, I'm not really surprised. Dems know how to fight and fight dirty if necessary, Reps don't. It's sickening to see them not striking back hard.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Going with your flow,
The leftist may not be so sad, Suleimani was a Ultra right wing fundamentalist, just like Pompeo, who has said, more or less that his job isn't done until, "The rapture"

Both are Evangelistic....

edit on 6-1-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They definitely don't have the numbers to get this passed.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
I'm surprised none of the Republicans have come back with "Obama approved over 500 strikes and killed a few thousand, including regular citizens without Congress' approval and no one said a word".

No, I'm not really surprised. Dems know how to fight and fight dirty if necessary, Reps don't. It's sickening to see them not striking back hard.

Too many of the Republicans are the very same people who didn't say a word while Obama was drone striking entire families to get one guy.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
First it was it had to be bi-partisan. It was not. Then it was they would move swiftly. They did not. Now they just stare at it like a dead pet hamster. Let the Senate bury this damn thing already. It's not coming back to life.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Going with your flow,
The leftist may not be so sad, Suleimani was a Ultra right wing fundamentalist, just like Pompeo, who has said, more or less that his job isn't done until, "The rapture"

Christ you guys are reaching.

In another thread, someone said I was no different than Suli-goat-humper.

Now you're saying Suli-bacon-eater is no different than Pompeo.

I honestly don't know if you are pro-terrorist or just really anti-Trump.

But either way, it makes you look rather dim-witted.

Like. . . "Poo with a helmet on" dim-witted.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
They definitely don't have the numbers to get this passed.

Assuming only Collins and Murkowski dissent, yes, they do. They may lack the numbers to punt a filibuster... but the overall effect will be the same, stalemating the process and allowing lawmakers to advance to actual important matters like they were elected to oversee.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

What, Trump killed a spider in the White House because it was spreading terror? How mean, I say that orange man should be strung up with a spider web.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Pelosi and Schiff changed House rules and procedures with no vote.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It is the only right thing to do. I believe it is the 4th amendment that says one has a right to a speedy trial. (Please correct me if I am wrong) The Dems are breaking the rights given by the constitution! After they denied his right to due process, they are putting the president BELOW the law again!

edit on 7-1-2020 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   
They will deliver them at the last possible moment. Hopefully they have Amazon deliver them and you know they'll be late.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: Mach2

Back on Friday, Hawley said he would do this if Pelosi hadn't transmitted the articles by Monday.

I'm a bit surprised to see Ted Cruz is a co-sponsor. When even he's sick of the Dem's nonsense, you know impeachment has officially jumped the shark.
Ted is a good guy, a good lawyer, and a good filibuster. Go Ted!

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Going with your flow,

What dies right wing mean in Arabic ? Don’t even go there. Your anti religion slip is showing. Surely you are ok with Nancy’s pro choice version of Catholicism while she flaunts her power with the gavel ?
edit on 7-1-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Christ you guys are reaching.

In another thread, someone said I was no different than Suli-goat-humper.

Now you're saying Suli-bacon-eater is no different than Pompeo.

I honestly don't know if you are pro-terrorist or just really anti-Trump.

But either way, it makes you look rather dim-witted.

Funny you say, "dim witted", if I said something like that, I'd get a very nice PM telling me I was being ill-mannered...so be it I suppose, some seem to be able to get away with stuff, others don't.

Anyway, what you called me is actually more relative to yourself, since what I was saying...is in fact truth.

That's the hilarious part of things. When you come to do a little digging, (at least I hope you do) you will find so many similarities between the Iranian Ultra conservatives, and especially the American ultra right wingers.
They are very powerful, extremely fundamental in their religion as well as being very capitalistic.
The IRG control many companies for instance, and are responsible for the output, (it might be interesting just who are those who invest in these companies)

Some snippets,
The Principlists and reformists......
"Ultra conservatives—also known as neoconservatives—consists of laymen representing the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) collectively. These conservatives support the Islamist government and are more aggressive and openly confrontational toward the West."

en.wikipedia.org...

Book published by RAND corp,
The Rise of the Pasdaran: Assessing the Domestic Roles of IranA's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps,

www.jstor.org...

Have a nice read!

edit on 7-1-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

What dies right wing mean in Arabic ? Don’t even go there. Your anti religion slip is showing. Surely you are ok with Nancy’s pro choice version of Catholicism while she flaunts her power with the gavel ?

Oh dear! another one!

I take it you don't even know that, 'Communism' is banned in Iran?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join