It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US coalition in Iraq withdrawing? Where is WW3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I thought it was going to be 1000's of dead US soldiers and citizens. I read in these threads that Trump is a Neo-Con warmonger.

Looks to me he just ended a conflict that has been plaguing the US for 4 decades.

Link

“Sir, in deference to the sovereignty of the Republic of Iraq, and as requested by the Iraqi Parliament and the Prime Minister, CJTF-OIR will be repositioning forces over the course of the coming days and weeks to prepare for onward movement,” read a letter from United States Marine Corps Brigadier General William H. Seely III, the commanding general of Task Force Iraq.

We had to send in troops to correct what the past 3 administrations did incorrectly and the current POTUS is still blamed for war crimes and is being called out by his own Congress. The fact that Congress less than 20 years after 9/11 wants to take away the ability for our president to strike without authorizations shows that they are in deep with those we are fighting.

In 2015 Obama warned of a strike against Soleimani and then after our US Naval ships were captured, Kerry apologized, they signed the Iran deal and sent the billions.

It was all about the money and oil but Trump could care less. Iraq's own security forces allowed Soleimani's men to torch the embassy in the Green Zone.

Let them all sort it out.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Brilliant, let people go on record complaining that he has started a war. Over and over on National TV, mainstream, announced by CNN, MSNBC, etc.

Then withdraw the troops and get out of a region we should have been out of at least 13 years ago.

Now what? Will the very same people screaming, "Trump started a war." now say he should not end a war?

I sure as he double toothpicks hope so - to prove they will say or do anything to discredit Trump, absolutely anything, even encourage WWIII with traitorous statements, then scream when it doesn't happen and the troops are withdrawn.

I really hope this happens, it should have long ago.

Kill the leader who tells his troops to kill people because they are the "wrong" religion, and tortures children to get their parents to "talk", and plans attacks on US soldiers and interests.

Then get the hell out and let them kill each other if that's how they choose to live, we need to MYOB and let the various Islamic religious factions kill each other if that is how they choose to live.

edit on 1/6/20 by The2Billies because: addition format

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Beat you to it by 49 minutes. Get outta my stars and flags
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/6/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Obama was undoubtedly a [snipped]. I am deeply ashamed that I voted for him, his first term. No worry’s now, the Democrats have turned me into a life long conservative.
edit on Mon Jan 6 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Sorry but all the fun happens in the Pit...

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Admittedly, I didn't vote for him. For whatever reason, I 'believed' Clinton had the experience to get this done and Trump had none. Obviously there is a big difference between maintaining and growing our existing deployment in perpetuity and actually ending engagements where appropriate. It sounds like its time. Good on the president for getting it done at cost of one bad guy and his complicit buddies. Most presidents would have needed some collateral damage just to get out of bed in the morning.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

CJTF-OIR will be repositioning forces over the course of the coming days and weeks to prepare for onward movement,

To Iran.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

No, the new tagline will be...

"Trump turns back on Sunni's in Iraq"

Just like they said we should not be in Syria, he took care of business and pulled out and he was blamed for leaving the Kurds.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The reports are innacurate - the US has announced it's staying in Iraq - this is just moving 100 -150 troops out the green zone to other bases in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Yeah part of why I put this thread up. US Defense Secretary Esper says we are not leaving but a Marine Commander did. Interesting to say the least....but still no WW3.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Time will tell. This is chess not checkers. Trump, despite all the tweets, never shows his hand. Distractions then boom.

Standing behind my duly elected president.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Admittedly, I didn't vote for him. For whatever reason, I 'believed' Clinton had the experience to get this done and Trump had none. Obviously there is a big difference between maintaining and growing our existing deployment in perpetuity and actually ending engagements where appropriate. It sounds like its time. Good on the president for getting it done at cost of one bad guy and his complicit buddies. Most presidents would have needed some collateral damage just to get out of bed in the morning.

Out of curiosity, why did you think she had the experience?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Withdrawal to where?

This is the real question.

Prediction - keep an eye on Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Uh oh. Dems will not be happy until lots of people are getting killed..preferably our own. Shucky DARN.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The Democrats seem to be having a problem starting WW3. I lost all faith in them to reduce the population of conservatives in the world. Conservatives are the people who will fight for their country and it's citizens, Liberals just protest.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I have no idea, honestly. Decades of thinking of myself as a lefty (and I am in a lot of ways) was a big part of it. The other part, for what it's worth --, was Trump himself. The only place I knew him from at all was from TV and his association with a multilevel marketing thing a buddy tried to sell me on years ago that looked like total horse-snip (it was).

I grew up on the west coast. I was a surfer and a punk rock kid. The whole east coast mafioso real estate vibe just turned me off. He didn't seem credible or competent beyond greasy real estate deals. Like I said, it was a gut thing. I'm sure that's true for lots of people. It's hard to look past a gut check and decide for the thing that initially turns you off.

I'd take it back if I could, not that it would matter. Colorado was pretty blue for the Hilldog.
edit on 7-1-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I have no idea, honestly. Decades of thinking of myself as a lefty (and I am in a lot of ways) was a big part of it. The other part, for what it's worth --, was Trump himself. The only place I knew him from at all was from TV and his association with a multilevel marketing thing a buddy tried to sell me on years ago that looked like total horse-snip (it was).

I grew up on the west coast. I was a surfer and a punk rock kid. The whole east coast mafioso real estate vibe just turned me off. He didn't seem credible or competent beyond greasy real estate deals. Like I said, it was a gut thing. I'm sure that's true for lots of people. It's hard to look past a gut check and decide for the thing that initially turns you off.

I'd take it back if I could, not that it would matter. Colorado was pretty blue for the Hilldog.

That's all well and good lol. For me it was a choice between a women that stayed with her sleazy husband for political gain, and helped ruin the lives of some women for it, or this guy that wasn't a politician (and big plus) but had experience in organizing people to get things done.

It also didn't hurt that he speaks plainly, and was giving alternative solutions to the issues, while everyone else was saying the same thing in different ways. I didn't vote for him into the office of the President to be a master orator, or gentleman's politician, I voted for him to go in, shake it all up, and get things done.
edit on 7-1-2020 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join