It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hate has jumped the shark.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: DBCowboy

Im not sure what glorify means to you, can you perhaps link an example of a this glorifying you speak of, I haven't seen anyone saying stuff like that.

Are you siding with Iran in an attempt to destabilize America?

Just curious.

Absolutely not, I'm really struggling to understand just how you came to that conclusion.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
At this point, it's not even debatable. The left is siding with Iran.

Bull#.

Just because you don't worship Donald Trump doesn't mean you're 100% completely for the other side. This is not a boolean universe.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I just love how these people on the left are decrying the killing of this terrorist with the exact same vigour as when they screeched and yelped about the killing of osama bin laden.
The calls for obongo to be arrested for war crimes and the accusations of ‘murderer’ from the left were loud and clear back then

Weren’t they?

Or is it only ‘ok’ to order the killing of a terrorist if you’re not the Orange Man?

In the eyes of the left can the Orange man do anything at all? Is he allowed to exercise his absolute RIGHT as a legally elected President? Or must his EVERY move be opposed simply because the media tells you it should?

Just when I thought leftists were ultra thick, moronic pieces of shet, they go ahead and oppose the killing of this terrorist general and totally redeem themselves

I wonder how their disgusting reaction to this is going to affect the election later this year?
(I actually don’t wonder at all, we all know how this reaction of theirs will affect the election. So do they but they just.....can’t......help it)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That response from Israel threw me as well, interesting for sure, all we can do now is watch this play out.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The response from Iran will likely be directed at Israel (if they dare, which they might)

I sincerely hope that Israel’s reaction will be severely disproportionate

The islamic regime of Iran is one the most oppressive on Earth. If you have never lived in Iran then you have no clue. Try wearing a bikini or going to a gay-bar with your Hindu friends.

Fingers crossed this goes no farther but if it does, the total annihilation of the Islamic regime of Iran would be a seriously positive outcome

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

That response from Israel threw me as well, interesting for sure, all we can do now is watch this play out.

Ya, when Israel cringes and distances themselves..how bad is this, secretly I'm sure they're pleased..or not, maybe the devil you know is better than the replacement you have to figure out. Israel would of just took him out and not claimed responsibility. I wonder why they hadn't done this already?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The media is literally spreading propaganda from Iranian state television.

Iranian state television estimated that the mourners in Ahvaz and Mashhad, where the general’s body was flown later for another procession, numbered in the millions.

NYT

State television reported Sunday that Iran will no longer abide by the deal, which restricted nuclear development in exchange for the easing of crippling economic sanctions.

NBC

Iran said Sunday that it is suspending its commitments under the 2015 nuclear deal it had struck with world powers and will abandon the accord's "final restrictions" on uranium enrichment and other activities unless U.S. sanctions are lifted. The government announced the move in a statement carried by state news agencies.

WaPo

The media is eating it up and regurgitating it to willing mouths.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Hey I got a good one for ya:

There are no Walmarts in Iran, only Targets.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This one's good too:

Hahahaha

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

withdraw all of your troops globally and remove all military bases , radar sites etc , missile bases and go back to being isolationist
save some extreme cash from military budget

and make america better (not great , no country is truly great )

Maybe , maybe just once america can go a full year without fighting a war somewhere

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

The media and the left is pushing this because it might hurt Trump during the election.

If trumps anti Iran the left support Iran if Trump takes out a terrorist they admire the terrorist.

Go take a look a politics or world politic sub reddit comments.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Pretty soon we'll see idiots at protests wearing Soleimani shirts the same way they wear Che shirts.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
I had two good friends of mine die from roadside bombs in Iraq. Both of them married men with kids that grew up never knowing their father.

Had another good friend blinded for life because of another IED attack.

There’s a good chance that this suddenly saint like Iranian general was directly responsible for that. A drone strike was too humane a way to go for this sorry SOB if you ask me.
I think you’ve made the best case for why Soleimani had to die. It just amazes me that even dem politicians could doubt the necessity.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: vonclod

So now I'm no different than a goat-humping murderer, but at least, if I killed several hundred people I know you'd have my back.

When I say "you" I'm talking your govt. You think the U'S' has not f'ed up a lot of innocent peoples lives?

I don't have his back, I think this was a dumb move..if you don't understand that.

Free speech. If you think ending the life of a serial killer monster who'd want your entire family fed to starving dogs is bad, then light a god-damned candle and fap in his memory.

I think he got off easy.

He should have suffered. A looo-ooong time.

Then they should of captured, and tried him.

So, not going to answer if the U.S. has f'ed up innocent people? how many tens of thousands you figure?(I'm being pretty moderate on that #)

You think there is some high moral ground?
Would you risk your life to capture this violent fanatic, who had an armed entourage with him? Can you imagine him surrendering without a fight? Our soldiers’ lives are too precious to risk for a certified terrorist when he could be neatly removed with two or three $120,000 missiles. Much more cost effective and not one of our people got so much as a scratch. I would have been furious with Trump if he’d ordered his capture and some of our people were casualties. I don’t think you care about the lives of our men in uniform. Are you an American?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Being the "Top Dog", world leader, America will never go long without a battle. Our global force is a necessity, it is the price for maintaining the de facto world currency and to protect our interests globally.
America has a President that won't allow any other country to threaten or kill Americans without repercussions, most Americans appreciate that.
America will withdraw our troops when it's in our best interest, not before...just a fact.

originally posted by: sapien82

withdraw all of your troops globally and remove all military bases , radar sites etc , missile bases and go back to being isolationist
save some extreme cash from military budget

and make america better (not great , no country is truly great )

Maybe , maybe just once america can go a full year without fighting a war somewhere

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

If you have been paying attention to actions, and not getting lost in tweets and tears, you would see that Trump isn't interested in war. He wants no part of it. When he had a chance to strike a Syrian base, he chose not to at the last minute because 25 people would have been killed, and he didn't think those lives lost were proportional to the damage done. He risked whatever fallout might happen for 25 lives. And they were 25 ENEMY lives, not US. So knowing that, I believe that Trump isn't looking to start any wars.

I always believed Trump didn’t want to start any wars either, but some of his tweets definitely show strong retaliation against any attack, followed by a lot of bragging about all the new military equipment they have and are willing to use.

Personally, I think he’s out of line using Twitter to issue political warnings.. but who knows how else he can get to some of these people... maybe none 🤷🏻‍♀️.

I don’t know enough about this general that was killed, but I’m sure as a general he had plenty of blood on his hands , like many generals around this world do.

I’ve been a fairly strong supporter of Trump because I honestly thought he had the USA’s best interests in mind.. and hopefully he still does. Never been a fan of war though.. and I’m starting to get a weird feeling that something isn’t right. I’d be really pissed off to find out if anyone in the Trump family owned large shares in companies that made military tanks, toys, etc.

I think I may be getting too paranoid..😆.. but it’s hard to know what to think when you only have so much info to go on.
I think it’s smart to spell out what he’ll do if Iran retaliates. They know he means business now and isn’t afraid to use the awesome power of the U.S. armed forces. I think this serves as a better deterrent than not doing anything at all and begging for peace. The USAF and Navy could easily reduce Iran to a medieval-era economy and society, very possibly without a single casualty among our personnel. I hope the Iranians understand this, because they’ve been acting like they don’t for decades. In closing, you might recall the massive show of force and blunt warnings from Trump directed at North Korea when they were getting out of hand. That worked out quite well, not perfectly, but the North Koreans got the message and de-escalated. Trump has already expressed willingness to meet with the Iranians without preconditions IIRC. I don’t think he wants a war with them if at all possible, but he’s not going to let Iran get away with literal murder anymore.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Its less "Trump hate" when you granularize the effort. Its more like "group think" from people whose political leanings encourage group think. Of course, both political sides value group think, as all humans tend to. But in a political party firmly rooted in urban environments, the need to bow to social pressure seems to amplify it.

If the people who hold audiences in that group tell the audience to think/act in a certain way, then that is how they tend to think/act. Its one of the reasons I can't stand having to deal with Instagram influencers....you are over a barrel and have to placate these people because, to be honest, their audience has money to spend. And they are just as capable of giving you bad juju as they are cancelling you by ignoring you altogether.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I think destroying their refineries as soon as possible is a good idea. They were having trouble meeting domestic gasoline demand as recently as three years ago. If we destroy that production capacity they will have trouble refueling their equipment and we can use the opportunity to seize the island of Qeshm with a joint GCC amphibious assault. Work down their coastal production facilities and we should be able to enjoy another thirty years harassment free energy transit corridor through straight of Hormuz.
It wouldn’t be very hard to pull their fangs. Mine their ports, destroy their toy navy, clobber any cruise missiles sites, crater their airfields and keep them that way and we can operate with impunity in the gulf. And they won’t be able to export their oil. If they continue their mischief, other targets can be hit to increase their pain. Power plants for example. No modern society can function without electricity.
edit on 7-1-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

edit on 7-1-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Trump is bad for hitting back when the US embassy was attacked. If he didn't hit back, he would be called weak.

There were many options on the table - he just chose to select the most extreme response, and that is on Trump. Why does his base continually act like the dude is the next Messiah? What.. he isn't possible of making bad decisions? Look.. it was a bad decision. But whatever.. I know no matter what, his people will support him, even if he waffles on his own supposed plan to get the U.S. out of the middle east.

Pulling out of Syria and abandoning the Kurds? Yay! Bringing troops home baby! Sending more troops to the middle east and attacking Iran? Yay! Literally doesn't matter what he does.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
President Trump made a big mistake in hiring Jeff Sessions as his AG.
President Trump should not have signed the $1.4 billion spending package to fund government.

President Trump was correct in taking out General Soleimani. Iran is now on notice.

originally posted by: fleabit

Trump is bad for hitting back when the US embassy was attacked. If he didn't hit back, he would be called weak.

There were many options on the table - he just chose to select the most extreme response, and that is on Trump. Why does his base continually act like the dude is the next Messiah? What.. he isn't possible of making bad decisions? Look.. it was a bad decision. But whatever.. I know no matter what, his people will support him, even if he waffles on his own supposed plan to get the U.S. out of the middle east.

Pulling out of Syria and abandoning the Kurds? Yay! Bringing troops home baby! Sending more troops to the middle east and attacking Iran? Yay! Literally doesn't matter what he does.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join