It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hate has jumped the shark.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
We need to GTFO of the middle east. However, we should basically cut them off from the rest of the civilized world economically. We shouldn't be interfering in their tribal / cultural spats in any way.

However, we also need to make it be known that we will strike back with absurd levels of force and absolutely no mercy if they even stare at the US wrong. If they want to run around like savages and screw goats, I really don't care. It's their cultural, land, and country.

All the money we waste on that arm pit region could be used here educating and caring for our own citizens.

Never happen.

Too many EU countries depend on trade with Iran.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

Conspiracy website my a$$, many on here are sounding like Republican fox news warhawk pundits.

LOL, Trump doesn't want war. We don't want war. Trump supporters don't seem to want war. But the old rule is still in play. If Trump is for it, then the left is against it. So as we see with the MSM, acting sad that mean old Trump killed an innocent terrorist, then forgetting that they called him weak for not attacking Syria. Stupid would be a large compliment at this point.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
You have preemptively disparaged any comments that do not fit with your Trumpian sycophancy.
You give permission to express perspectives all within this thread by saying ''here is your chance''. That's mighty big of you.

Terry, it's actually your group I wanted to hear from. You and your haters seems to always have answers after the fact. let's hear what you would do, and if it comes into play, we can all see just how smart you folks are. For years we have heard how dumb we were for voting for Trump. School us hero.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: network dude

I would shut down Trumps twitter. Just take away the phone from him.

Then I would send in some diplomats to work out a deal or just back channel a deal.

After the deal is done call it a win for peace.

Wow, that's what Obama did! What else do you call pallets of cash dropped off in the desert in the middle of the night? It didn't work either.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Pull out the chapstick and send an Obama state dept appointee to apply the proper lip pressure on Iranian butt. Oh, and a pallet full of cash. It use to work, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Dude. Here it comes. One of the few things I liked about Trump was his promise to extract us from the Middle East. That also was one of the things I liked about Obama was that same promise. It did not take me long to see that Obama was not going to do it. Now, though it has taken a bit longer, me wanting to give Trump as much of the benefit of the doubt as I could, can see that that was nothing more than a campaign promise to a different set of people who wanted us to leave the MIddle East.

Obama promised those on the left and Trump promised those on the right. What I would like to see now is for Trump to say, OUT. "I'm commander in chief'' and I"m ending it. Fly those Americans home. Leave it to the Russians or the Chinese and whoever. Our presence there is not helping. If Trump says, ''OUT'' I will support him completely.

I"m no hero Dude, just a old man who has always been skeptical of the lies to the world made in our name.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Interesting thread.

So, I'm not mourning the death of the guy. He was a bad one. The world is better off without him. I'm not sure that its solved anything, in fact I'm leaning towards the idea that its made things worse longer term.

As an aside - You mention Obama - You say he was an apologist and yet he did authorise the Bin Laden take down after all, which was - frankly a much bigger deal than Soleimani. So how can you say that with a straight face? - surely the drone strikes Obama's administration carried out were justified and he wasn't some weak minded pussy as the more rabid right wingers in the states would have everyone believe? Whats the diference?

Getting back on track.... a question for you.

Did Gulf War 1 deter anyone in the region from killing each other? Did Gulf War 2 achieve that aim? What about the ops in Libya and Syria? What about the fight against ISIS? Has that stopped people killing each other? The ops in Sudan and Afghanistan? Taking out the Al Qaeda leadership?

'Cause it strikes me that none of it has worked. People are still killing each other. Take out one asshole and another pops up.

Why?

Has it occurred to you that death descending from 20,000ft isn't exactly the best way to win over the hearts and minds of people? It's kind of difficult to build up a fan base out of people who are wondering if the next time they step out of the door (or stand in the window...) they are going to suddenly be in a million pieces across a quarter mile - not necessarily because they were targeted but maybe if the intel was wrong, or they (or their family) were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time?

See where I'm coming from?

This isn't about Trump per se for me personally when I look at the issue. Its more about the long game. Forcing people's backs against the wall just leads them to lash out.

The long term consequences of this, and other actions are the main cause for concern. There is a perpetual cycle of violence and 'they started it' is being claimed by both sides and does NOTHING to resolve the long term problem or long term resentments.

And peoples mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, brothers and sisters will just keep on dying because no one wants to break the cycle.

You scream 'Murica!' They scream 'Great Satan!'

Everyone just screams.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hey, the Iranians, er, Iraqis controlled by Iran in the Iraqi parliament voted to have us pull out.

We didn't leave; *they* kicked *us* out! You may get your wish, and we can still project a good amount of force in the region via our allies there and our naval platforms.

Additionally, we have enough domestic oil production that we don't need the Middle East quite like we used. Europe and Asia now ... they're in a bind. The big issue will be China in bed with Iran if Iran controls the region.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I'm not sure that its solved anything, in fact I'm leaning towards the idea that its made things worse longer term.

They've been chanting Death to America in Tehran since Carter.

A drone strike doesn't change anything.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How about if Trump frees up some massive money for R&D by pulling it from the cash spent on troops in Iraq since they have to go as well as State Department funding of an Embassy. Oh and foreign financial aid that won’t need to be spent. And that R&D can be for petroleum alternatives like industrial hemp seed oil that we already know can 100% replace petroleum as fuel, plastics, paints and varnishes, etc?

Let American farmers become the oil sheiks of the 21st century. That way the entire Middle East has nothing as a commodity on the world stage.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And Trump's wish as well, and many of his supporters as well, if that is, we can believe his campaign pledges.

You mention our navel platforms for sure. And then as well, more and more I see this ''drone'' battling being the future. I think that drones will likely change the face of war very quickly. Placing more of our soldiers in harms way according to that old battle paradigm makes no sense to me as war shifts to more surgical strikes such as we have just seen.

Yeah, they voted to kick us out. I would like to see Trump grab this with both hands and embrace it and do just that.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Now here, is where I like to listen to you, unlike that other thread that I found so objectionable. Here I agree. There is no sound reason any longer for our troops to be jeopardized as they are now. Put that money to RandD

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Then I would send in some diplomats to work out a deal or just back channel a deal.

Didn't we do that under Obama?

I mean, even the UN (allegedly the golden child for you guys) was reporting that Iran was violating the terms of the infamous nuclear deal.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh. Its just rinse and repeat with you guys, from Chamberlain to Carter to Obama. Appeasement and can kicking.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I would shut down Trumps twitter. Just take away the phone from him.

Then give trump credit f o r brokering peace, otherwise his ego might undermine any progress made.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

I mean, even the UN (allegedly the golden child for you guys) was reporting that Iran was violating the terms of the infamous nuclear deal.

Yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh. Its just rinse and repeat with you guys, from Chamberlain to Carter to Obama. Appeasement and can kicking.

And it's just shoot first and ask questions later, something in between these 2 extremes would be good.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Not much to say as a picture says 1,000 words.

edit on 6-1-2020 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Well , Kill Your Enemies from a Distance if Need Be , it's a Lot Cheaper in the Long Run...........

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

And it's just shoot first and ask questions later, something in between these 2 extremes would be good.

Sometimes you don't get that option.

Why are all of you crying over a guy that a few months back was killing and torturing female protests in Iran?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Sometimes you don't get that option.

Why are all of you crying over a guy that a few months back was killing and torturing female protests in Iran?

It's not about who was killed it's about how it was done, this is Going to come at great cost, likely in the form of American military folk and possibly even civilians. It was a dumb as # move.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join