It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hate has jumped the shark.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: network dude

From where I stand, it looks like Trump said he was not interested in war, but wasn't competent enough to keep us out of it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that killing an Iranian top general would result in retaliation, not peace. There are other, more effective, ways to deal with enemies than provoking them if you want peace. Just imo.

Provoking an enemy is a classic way to goad them into war, in fact. I don't understand how Trump doesn't get this. That much is fairly basic.

Based on his track record, I don't see how Trump could navigate a war with Iran successfully. We will probably end up worse for it.

so after the US embassy was attacked, please explain what course of action you would have taken.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Trump love has jumped the shark...the right is siding with RUSSIA.....WITH RUSSIA. LOL.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I would shut down Trumps twitter. Just take away the phone from him.

Then I would send in some diplomats to work out a deal or just back channel a deal.

After the deal is done call it a win for peace.

By back channel do you mean a pallet full off cash?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The leaders of Iran are not good people, they have been funding terrorists for a long time. I do not understand why we have not done anything about them years ago. They are power hungry and would want to have all of the middle east under their control. They would cause genocide on all other Muslim groups that do not believe the same as they do or back their ways.

I cannot understand why the left would back Iran. I did not think the leader of Iraq was nearly as bad as the leaders of Iran.

Yes, they have some good people in Iran, but they are not running the country or military. The leaders of Iran are like neo-Nazis, they will crush anyone in their way if left unchecked. None of the other middle eastern countries would be safe if we were to abandon them, there is no negotiating with the Iranian president. If there was someone else in charge, maybe we could negotiate a truce with them. The European countries are fool, they are paying Iran to keep their terrorist groups from attacking them. That never works well, I do not understand how stupid some of the people running Europe are. They are as dumb as the liberals.

I do believe we can improve our society and the societies of the world, some of the liberal stuff is good, but most of the progressive far left crap is stupid, as is evident with the hate and increasing crime in this country. Liberals do not want people punished much for crimes because they might be targeted for disrupting society themselves, so criminals do not get punished properly and the incidents of crime go up not down because of that.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

That's up to Trump. But it would not be the first time he's tried back channel talks.

www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 8-1-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Justoneman

Or silage for some farm animals

Now that would make a conservative environmentalist like me proud. No waste and totally usable products from that Hemp farm idea. It would be better for the environment on so many levels.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: KeithCooper
Trump love has jumped the shark...the right is siding with RUSSIA.....WITH RUSSIA. LOL.

when did this happen?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Trump said that Obama would try and start a war with iran before the election because he failed at diplomacy. I don't hate trump i just don't understand how supporters of trump are so blind to the blatent hypocrisy at display.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Peace through strength, President Trump just recalibrated the Iran-USA relationship..time to rejoice!

originally posted by: blueman12
Trump said that Obama would try and start a war with iran before the election because he failed at diplomacy. I don't hate trump i just don't understand how supporters of trump are so blind to the blatent hypocrisy at display.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

I don’t think you can call it hypocrisy. The circumstances behind why Obama would choose war at a certain time before elections aren’t the same as the circumstances behind recent political events that have NOT lead to a declaration of war by Trump.

You can’t compare the two.. different times.. different motives.
edit on 8-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens
1. Thank Jon Hein for the idiom.
2. ?
3. Profit

I can only sarcastically thank him for "Jumped the shark", not sure how you meant it, but glad to do so sarcastically.

Not against using it for the sake of brevity in the title network dude, but my God am I sick of seeing/hearing the phrase constantly. Maybe so many hadn't jumped the proverbial shark, we wouldn't have to be incessantly exposed to said idiom.

OP mentioned "presumably level-headed folks" jumping on the bandwagon - I haven't seen it. Maybe we have a different definition of level-headed.

I interact with a LOT of people. Working for a Subaru dealer, the vast majority of our customers would probably self-identify
as liberals, or at least as Democrats. Not a single one has been against the move itself, or how any of the surroundig action/discussion has been handled.

Living in a heavily Democratic region, and working for a company whose customers are predominantly "liberal", what I find in the real world is that most (Dems) are disillusioned with the Democrats, and as far as Trump, don't have any major complaints, aside from a lack of tact. Most Republicans, who not long ago were disillusioned by both parties, have moved into thinking all Republicans are great, as a backlash response to the current Dem insanity. In reality, DC is still stocked with many of the same Neocons that any true Conservative/Republican with a shred of self-respect and intelligence was full-syeam against for years. They've lost sight, in favor of a perceived greater threat.

Yes, the media (both mainstream, obvious-left and obvious-right) portrays this great divide, as if most of the populace is made up of these frothing lunatics (left and right.) Its sad...people believe it, and start turning zealot themselves, under the belief that there's 165m insane people, hell-bent on destroying us all.

If people would get out of their radios, websites, televisions and close circle of similar-belief friends/family, they would realize only a small portion of folks are the nutcases on either side.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
The MAJOR difference is one side wants to just CRUSH your and my freedoms.

Doubt that the Dems are in all out destroy American values and create them as commie/fascists?

a reply to: dogstar23

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Trump committed an illegal assassination based on Trumped up charges of imminent danger. There is zero evidence to support that claim. The last time a republican cried wolf we ended up in Iraq. WE WILL NOT FALL FOR THAT BS AGAIN!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I would shut down Trumps twitter. Just take away the phone from him.

Then I would send in some diplomats to work out a deal or just back channel a deal.

After the deal is done call it a win for peace.

For a minute I thought you were serious...

That's what Obama did...Gave 'em over 150 billion bucks...(And no it wasn't their money from 1979...Obama determined that is what they would have had coming had they been paid interest on their cash as tho it was deposited in a local Credit Union or Bank savings account...And that was paid, not by any bank, but by the taxpayers of the U.S...)

So now Trump got stuck with Obama's mess...And he's cleaning it up...You'd like to get him off Twitter so the World doesn't know what Trump is doing and the only source of news we get about Trump is from the Fake News Media...

You guys have been smoked out...If you don't side with Trump and America, you side with the Terrorists...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Trump committed an illegal assassination based on Trumped up charges of imminent danger. There is zero evidence to support that claim. The last time a republican cried wolf we ended up in Iraq. WE WILL NOT FALL FOR THAT BS AGAIN!!!

Oh please!!! How many people did Obama assassinate and not a peep from you guys!!! How can you make these claims with a straight face???

Doesn't matter if there was imminent danger...There WAS imminent danger just over a week ago when this terrorist's lackeys attacked America at the American embassy in Iraq...So we killed him after the attack and not before the attack...

BTW, what Country do you live in???

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

From where I stand, it looks like Trump said he was not interested in war, but wasn't competent enough to keep us out of it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that killing an Iranian top general would result in retaliation, not peace. There are other, more effective, ways to deal with enemies than provoking them if you want peace. Just imo.

Provoking an enemy is a classic way to goad them into war, in fact. I don't understand how Trump doesn't get this. That much is fairly basic.

Based on his track record, I don't see how Trump could navigate a war with Iran successfully. We will probably end up worse for it.

Then this thread is for you...You were asked to provide a workable alternative to Trump's decisions on Iran...And don't just say diplomacy...And don't say bribery...Obama, Clinton and Kerry tried both of those and they failed...

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You’ve never worked for a #ty CEO, have you?

This is #ty Management 101.

Step 1: Walk in on the first day, insist that the current state of affairs in unacceptable, publicly humiliate any potential adversaries, and undermine long-term employees.

Step 2: Announce a new bold vision for the future that is full of buzzwords and hyperbole. Describe in detail how the current course is doomed to failure, the people who set it are incompetent, and that the only hope of survival - let alone success - is to adopt your radical ideas.

Step 3: Fire or run off a few early detractors to make an example for others who would question your brilliance.

Step 4: Fail spectacularly while insisting you are winning. Completely disregard any information that does not support your case while focusing solely on a couple of cherry-picked data points that work in your favor.

Step 5: Allow most operations to slowly return to their original state while touting this return to status quo as “progress.”

Step 6: Shore up your power base by forcing others to publicly praise you while criticizing themselves.

Step 7: Point to the return to a very mediocre status quo as a tremendous success in relation to the failures experienced in Step 4. Take credit for averting several crises caused by the gross incompetence of those around you. Assure everyone that without you, failure on a biblical level was unavoidable.

Step 8: Creatively describe your “turnaround skills” to anyone who will listen and embellish your resume.

Step 9: Move on to the next company and repeat the process, leaving the long-time employees at the first company completely neutered and in a worse situation than when you arrived.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

LOL, this will be a pointless reply, but hell, I'm feeling pointless. Can you prove any of that? Of course you can't. because you haven't the tiniest of clues as to what the intel said. And apparently you aren't even capable of understanding previous facts about this fine gentleman. So excuse me if I laugh at your post just a bit. When we declare war on Iran, you be sure and let me know.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
President Trump was right. Perfectly legal by every definition.

Libs, leftists, dumbocrats, msm and their blind supporters were WRONG

So, nothing new to see here. What a surprise.
2020 is gonna be a good one, as predicted by ALL.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Iran is using the war against isis as a cover for genocide against the sunis, Democrats are all about that fourth reich anti American vibes, the bosses who write their checks demand it.

Trump and his team is crafting the foreign policy Bible, we just got politely asked to be on our way by a democratically elected Iraq and those #ing cowards in nato were the first to run, giving us a clean exit and showing them to be useless.

#allthewinning
edit on 9-1-2020 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join