It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hate has jumped the shark.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
At this point, it's not even debatable. The left is siding with Iran. Iran. Trump is bad for hitting back when the US embassy was attacked. If he didn't hit back, he would be called weak. So in reality, there was not an option he could take that would not have the assholes screaming at the sky. But Seeing some presumably level headed folks jumping on this bandwagon is both troubling and sad.

If you have been paying attention to actions, and not getting lost in tweets and tears, you would see that Trump isn't interested in war. He wants no part of it. When he had a chance to strike a Syrian base, he chose not to at the last minute because 25 people would have been killed, and he didn't think those lives lost were proportional to the damage done. He risked whatever fallout might happen for 25 lives. And they were 25 ENEMY lives, not US. So knowing that, I believe that Trump isn't looking to start any wars.

But here is your chance. YOU can show the world how smart you are. List what you would do going forward. Should we step back and apologize ala Obama style? Should we strike again, fast and hard and let them know we mean business? Should we just ask Trump what he wants to do, then throw tantrums after the fact that you would have done the opposite? Man up Ladies. Let's hear your worldly wisdom.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
1. Thank Jon Hein for the idiom.
2. ?
3. Profit

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There are no reasoning with a country ruled by clerics and religion.
I say, now we wait.. and if they bite back, we bite harder.
But make sure China and Russia understand the situation, would not want to drag them into this.
edit on 6-1-2020 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

My opinion...

Wait and see what they do.

If they do something nasty, surgically strike their refineries, let thier economy collapse and let the people of Iran take back thier country.

At least then we will have made amends for screwing thier country up in the first place...

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I would shut down Trumps twitter. Just take away the phone from him.

Then I would send in some diplomats to work out a deal or just back channel a deal.

After the deal is done call it a win for peace.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
You have preemptively disparaged any comments that do not fit with your Trumpian sycophancy.
You give permission to express perspectives all within this thread by saying ''here is your chance''. That's mighty big of you.

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Then I would send in some diplomats to work out a deal or just back channel a deal.

Probably pay them reparations as well?

This is a textbook example of why the left shouldn't be allowed to have anything to do with foriegn affairs.

Because they think that America somehow needs to be punished for our success. An America last mindset.

+26 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

1. pack up and leave the all countries in the ME that have Iraqs sentiment
2. destroy all bases after removing all equipment
3. build our defenses back home, build up the borders on all sides
4. cut off all aid to all countries that do not live up to reciprocal relations
5. Dump saved money into space force
6. eff with us and face "rods of god" or whatever space based destructo ray we have.

+11 more 
link   
a reply to: grey580

You should go do it yourself and when you get your head cut off by these animals all we lost was another ignorant lefty.

+89 more 
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
You have preemptively disparaged any comments that do not fit with your Trumpian sycophancy.
You give permission to express perspectives all within this thread by saying ''here is your chance''. That's mighty big of you.

That's a lot of words to type to simply say "If I reply I will look like a hypocrite. "

+31 more 
link   
I had two good friends of mine die from roadside bombs in Iraq. Both of them married men with kids that grew up never knowing their father.

Had another good friend blinded for life because of another IED attack.

There’s a good chance that this suddenly saint like Iranian general was directly responsible for that. A drone strike was too humane a way to go for this sorry SOB if you ask me.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The left is literally mourning the death of a terrorist mastermind. Remember that this guy launched an attack on a US embassy only a couple of days before we smoked him.

At this point, Dems would openly mourn Osama bin Laden if Trump had ordered the strike that killed him.

I'll openly laugh if this leads to Iraq forcing US troops to leave the country. We shouldn't have gone there 19 years ago, and we sure as sh!t shouldn't still be there today.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
We need to GTFO of the middle east. However, we should basically cut them off from the rest of the civilized world economically. We shouldn't be interfering in their tribal / cultural spats in any way.

However, we also need to make it be known that we will strike back with absurd levels of force and absolutely no mercy if they even stare at the US wrong. If they want to run around like savages and screw goats, I really don't care. It's their cultural, land, and country.

All the money we waste on that arm pit region could be used here educating and caring for our own citizens.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If you have been paying attention to actions, and not getting lost in tweets and tears, you would see that Trump isn't interested in war. He wants no part of it. When he had a chance to strike a Syrian base, he chose not to at the last minute because 25 people would have been killed, and he didn't think those lives lost were proportional to the damage done. He risked whatever fallout might happen for 25 lives. And they were 25 ENEMY lives, not US. So knowing that, I believe that Trump isn't looking to start any wars.

I always believed Trump didn’t want to start any wars either, but some of his tweets definitely show strong retaliation against any attack, followed by a lot of bragging about all the new military equipment they have and are willing to use.

Personally, I think he’s out of line using Twitter to issue political warnings.. but who knows how else he can get to some of these people... maybe none 🤷🏻‍♀️.

I don’t know enough about this general that was killed, but I’m sure as a general he had plenty of blood on his hands , like many generals around this world do.

I’ve been a fairly strong supporter of Trump because I honestly thought he had the USA’s best interests in mind.. and hopefully he still does. Never been a fan of war though.. and I’m starting to get a weird feeling that something isn’t right. I’d be really pissed off to find out if anyone in the Trump family owned large shares in companies that made military tanks, toys, etc.

I think I may be getting too paranoid..😆.. but it’s hard to know what to think when you only have so much info to go on.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: grey580

Probably pay them reparations as well?

This is a textbook example of why the left shouldn't be allowed to have anything to do with foriegn affairs.

Because they think that America somehow needs to be punished for our success. An America last mindset.

Yep, the progressive/liberal/left/Democrats think the US is the absolute worst country on the face of the earth.

Everything the US does is evil and hurts other countries and the US should walk in perpetual shame, according to the liberal left.

So it is to be expected that they would side with people who want to destroy the US, as the liberal left seems to feel the US deserves to be destroyed. So siding with terrorists actually fits with how they seem to feel about their own country.

That is sure the way it looks with every single statement coming from the progressive liberal left Democrats in the past 24 hours especially, but also for the past 13 years in total, since Obama took office and made his around the world, we apologize for existing speeches world wide.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Soleimani was clearly a baddy, and taking him out sends a clear and decisive message.

I think the OP is right to point out that Trump showed restraint with Syria. Credit where credit is due.

IF Trump shows restraint in this situation, I'll be happy. (If that restraint includes his mouth, I'll be over-the-moon impressed, but certainly not holding my breath.)

Iran's talking trash, of course, but a direct, conventional-style reprisal seems unlikely.
It's the asymmetric attacks using proxies and sleeper cells that should be of major concern.
I say let the public fury susbside, don't dump gas on it, and keep a hyper-vigilant eye on places like the Straight of Hormuz. A tasty option for Iran would be finding a way to sink a couple of ships to plug things up and delay the shipping lanes.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Then you better tell Trump.

It's pretty much what he did with lil Kim.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You first.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think destroying their refineries as soon as possible is a good idea. They were having trouble meeting domestic gasoline demand as recently as three years ago. If we destroy that production capacity they will have trouble refueling their equipment and we can use the opportunity to seize the island of Qeshm with a joint GCC amphibious assault. Work down their coastal production facilities and we should be able to enjoy another thirty years harassment free energy transit corridor through straight of Hormuz.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Lol. Because the bush era of iraq and Afghanistan was great foreign affair skills...

Partisan politics have made you completely incapable of questioning the status quo outside the left or right medias.

Conspiracy website my a$$, many on here are sounding like Republican fox news warhawk pundits.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join