It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Blade [YA2020]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The Blade [YA2020]

I begin My day, under the warmth of a rising sun, and go about greeting My Family. There are trillions of Us now but the process of greeting each and everyone one of them takes only a second. Actually a second is slow compared to how fast I can greet everyone. It can be done in an instant. A mere instantaneous thought.

Waking each day under that warm sun and not seeing anything new had begun to make Me weary of this life. Will there ever be anything new for Me to 'see', or hear, or 'smell', or 'taste', or touch?

From out of nowhere came something that quickly cast a cool shadow across My face, and over faces of millions like Myself in My world. Then something hit the ground very near Me. It hit with such force as to shake the very land on which I stood! There were a few other Ground shakes from something that was vibrating the Earth. There was no way I could run from the new sensations, and it could very well be Dangerous. I was about to find out just how Dangerous it could be!

Now came something from above that enclosed Me into it's very essence! What is this strange new thing? I longed for something new, but not this! I was lifted from the ground, and ended up in almost complete darkness! Some of My friends who were also lifted up with Me, had the misfortune to have been smashed repeatedly before completely disappearing from My sight!

Now being fully enclosed in a dark and moist area, I found myself falling, and falling, before splashing into nauseous fluid. I start to dissolve from My previous shape, to take on a different form. I am now lost in a smelly ocean. I look and feel nothing like I did before this harrowing experience. Nothing even close to how I am now!

Then I was moved down through what seems endless passageways, and finally come to rest. I thought I could detect My friends in the sunless, quiet. While there were familiar smells, there were also other unpleasant un-recognisable odors.

It didn't seem to be very long at all until I was being pushed around and out from what I thought was My final resting place. In a moment I was falling from the dark into brilliant sunlight.
I was in shock, but happy to be able to feel the heat of the sun again!

BUT, Sometimes it's best not to Wish for something different, when what was usual/routine for You before, was probably just fine!

In fact My Un-Glamorous Life of Before was much Better, than Being Horse Droppings Now.

Alas. Such is the Life of a Blade of Grass...
edit on 12 18 2019 by SyxPakSyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Don't quit your day job .....................lol I liked it
edit on 6-1-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Ummm, Okay.

edit on 12 18 2019 by SyxPakSyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPakSyx

HA! That totally took me by surprise. Well done!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Humorously brilliant. Never would I have ventured into that territory as a story teller but you made it work.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

If the reveal Took You by Surprise, Then I must've done it right!
Glad Ya liked It Raine!!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

WOW Thank You for the Awesome Compliment AD! I Really Appreciate that!!

Now, as for the Story Territory; When the Theme for This Writing Contest Originally Hit Me, I had No Idea What or Who I was going to Write about. Then for whatever Reason Magic Shrooms drifted through My Brain.
However, knowing that was/is Drug related and against Our T.O.S., I went for the next best thing at the time,
Grass! LOL!!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Hahahahah! That was great.

Maybe it's cause I have horses.

Nope - that was great.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

A sweet story.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Nice- very fun.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Silo13
Thank You very Much for Your Comment!
I appreciate it!!
(We had Ponies and Horses when I was growing Up!)

DBCowboy
Thank You DB.
Mucho Appreciado!

OnlyYouKnow
I'm Glad You liked My Tale.
You saying it was Fun, is what It's all About!

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Wow. really well done Syx.

I think this is the first story i've read that I didn't guess the lifeform halfway through the story.
Im still not fully sure about one thing, the grass got hit by a lawnmower right???
That must be the explanation for its transition.
Im a landscaper by trade, so if im wrong I probobally WILL quit my day job. hehe

Good read!

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SupermassiveBlackHOLE

Ummm, Horse footsteps were the noises. Then Lifted from the Ground, (Bitten and pulled from the Ground by Horse Mouth. Some were chewed up, "... Smashed Repeatedly ...") Then Fell down Throat and splashed into Stomach Acid, "Nauseous Fluid"... (We knew it was a Horse, near Story end, "Horse Droppings"...)

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well done !

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thank You for Your Compliment!

top topics

join