It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Aliens exist and they could be here on Earth"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   
An interesting viewpoint from the first Briton in space:

www.bbc.co.uk...

"Aliens exist, there's no two ways about it," she said, adding that "there must be all sorts of different forms of life" among the billions of stars.

It's great that public figures are starting to open up about this kind of thing. Hopefully more chance of putting some actual scientific research into the subject as a whole.

(post by CthruU removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   
If so hopefully the US Airforce is providing them proper accomodations why visiting

No I don't think politics is their thing especially when considering telepathy...

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: youcanttellthepeople

So did she say she saw aliens in space, cool, any photos or is she just guessing

I remember a female astronaut putting on a nappy so she could drive hundreds of kilometres to moan at her partner, then lost her job

Great she is an astronaut but her opinion, not much

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hard to believe but I would be more prone to believe it"s the '4th Reich' or an ancient, post cataclysmic people than actual aliens from another world.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Why do people comment without reading the article????

She said the probabilities are there considering the billions of stars. She also said they made not be made of carbon/nitrogen like us.

What if an alien life form is made of xenon and perpendicularium? Aint no machine or eye gonna see that are they??

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

For her assertion to be true you need some kind of Drake equation to work out the numbers. The problem is people are very pessimistic on the factors of the equation. I think if you consider ET having jump-drives instead of FTL drives then the numbers seem inevitable there are hundreds of different ETs studying us.

I posted a thread on my own version of the Drake equation factors based on jump-drive numbers:

Speculation on the probability of extraterrestrial visitations

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Perhaps if there were a bit more meat on that bone (OP), we wouldn't just go off of the title of the topic. Instead, there is a link and a few words that really say nothing about WHAT's IN the link, only a really short and sweet opinion on what was read in the link.

If you really want to get technical, isn't it a rule somewhere in here that you need to lay out your post in a manner that gives information and sources for said information, not the other way around, sans the information? Oh wait... It's right there in the spot where you have to put that information when you start the thread. I don't like clicking just random links. Weren't you ever told that that's not safe? If the information in the OP was interesting enough, I might...

Jeeze...

edit on 6-1-2020 by StallionDuck because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Why is it an interesting viewpoint?

It should be a normal and boring viewpoint; the one most people agree upon.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So you are admitting to trolling this thread? Is it not also a thing on ATS to ADD to the conversation? Perhaps the mods should delete your post for such admission......and this post for not adding to the OP.

a reply to: StallionDuck

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

can't rule anything out IMO. There have been a number of suggestions that alien species are/have been worked on/working with humans in the Area 52 area of Utah or more commonly known at the Dugway Proving Grounds.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I find it fascinating when astronauts talk about space. Whether about aliens or what it's like to actually be up there.
She is only stating what most of us here already know. There is a possibility they are among us. It wouldn't surprise me. Great to see a British person up there as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
no doubt they do/are.

i wish they'd make themselves known once and for all and put an end to the subterfuge.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   
She's just talking on the probabilities which, to be honest to myself, make more sense than nonsense to me.

Still and all, it's pretty clear that these astronauts and the backup of NASA programmes...and more, are all the work of some very dedicated people, so it's no bad thing that the scrutinising, and speculating of ET is no bad thing for the space agencies to pursue a positive view on ET rather than saying nothing.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
So you are admitting to trolling this thread? Is it not also a thing on ATS to ADD to the conversation? Perhaps the mods should delete your post for such admission......and this post for not adding to the OP.

a reply to: StallionDuck

Trolling? I call it giving my opinion based on the title and the little information in the OP available. But you can call it a pancake if you want.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Of course they are here. But you already knew that, because I have been telling you that for years.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Of course they are here. But you already knew that, because I have been telling you that for years.

Right - that's sorted, then. It only took ATS sixteen years. Can we all shut up shop and finally go home now?

Will the last person kindly leave the evidence at the door, thankin' youuuu.

PS: Right... what now.... NOOOOOOO, NOT THE POLITICS FORUM.... NOOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

edit on 6-1-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This was a bold headline to come out today, based on an interview where only 1 paragraph out of 10 talked about aliens. I did a little research and found all this: She went to the MIR space station in May of 1991 for 8 days.

One of the cosmonauts she went with, Musa Manarov, filmed a UFO on their mission:

Search his name in CIA.gov if this link doesn't work.

The other cosmonaut she went up with, Victor Afanasyev, has also talked about UFO's publicly:

Cosmonaut Major General Vladimir Kovalyonok, had an encounter during the Saljut VI Mission in 1981

Another astronaut years later said his trip in 1997, witnessed a lot of UFO's (weird things) Jerry Linenger

“We’d look and sometimes it was metallic, it was like a spoon if you were off in the distance and in the province of space good luck figuring out if it’s a really small object close-by, something floated out of the airlock. Is it something 100,000 miles away that’s the size of a big spacecraft? It’s very hard to distinguish that, usually it was something you could kind of explain, maybe an external tank or something like that. But you would see things and you go ‘wow, that’s cool – I don’t know what that was exactly, but it’s not a satellite’.”

“You definitely, just like when you see something weird [on Earth], call everyone over like ‘I don’t care what you’re doing, get over here and take a look at this.”

Helem Sharman was in space May 1991, in September of 1991 we have the famous STS-48 incident:

I'd say she knows a lot more than the old there's so many stars out there! S&F

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: youcanttellthepeople

"Aliens exist, there's no two ways about it," she said, adding that "there must be all sorts of different forms of life" among the billions of stars.

It's great that public figures are starting to open up about this kind of thing. Hopefully more chance of putting some actual scientific research into the subject as a whole.

Putting actual scientific research into the subject happens when claims are met with some form of actual scientific evidence.
We're going into the 6th decade since the Hill claim and there is still nothing. There are many members on this forum over the years that have claimed alien interactions and not a single one has provided anything, just stories. The subject can't and isn't taken seriously because of this. Why should anyone just take the word of a random person with no evidence?

Using a persons title and their opinion to help strengthen a belief doesn't make that belief anymore important or factual. It's just another opinion.
edit on 6-1-2020 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join