It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump assassinated man brokering peace (reduced tension) in Persian Gulf

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
Still wondering why they had to drone-bomb the guy??

Could they not have arrested him?

Peace
Would you volunteer to be part of the unit making the arrest? Do you have any idea how dangerous that would be? No, it’s much more sensible and safer to fire one or two Hellfire missiles at the monster. You don’t think he and his party would have meekly surrendered do you?
edit on 6-1-2020 by Scapegrace because: Ttpo

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Pyle

my rather obvious point [ or at least it should be obvious ]

is that despite several statements from key actors in iran

all of them either forgot or were unaware of this " diplomatic mission "

and failked to mention it

amazing init

Or maybe these are secretive talks, I mean would you want Israel to know about a possible peace deal between Iran and the Saudis?

But until we know more all we have is the US Government's word he was out there planning a new attack.
Versus the word of the Iraqi government that he was brokering a peace deal. Of course you believe the Iraqi government. What a surprise.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Lefties want normal American Trump supporters (and Trump and his family) all dead but mourn the life of an Iranian warlord.

You can't make this snip up.

Really? I think you can... Because you just did.
Would you agree that the left is highly upset over his death? That’s how it appears.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hey, looks like peace was brokered by his death.

Link

The United States-led military coalition against Islamic State said on Monday that it was pulling out of Iraq and would be repositioning forces over the next few days and weeks, a letter seen by Reuters showed.

"Sir, in deference to the sovereignty of the Republic of Iraq, and as requested by the Iraqi Parliament and the Prime Minister, CJTF-OIR will be repositioning forces over the course of the coming days and weeks to prepare for onward movement," read a letter from United States Marine Corps Brigadier General William H. Seely III, the commanding general of Task Force Iraq.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Stupid as it sounds, and as deserved as it may or may not have been, there is a right way and a wrong way to make that sort of attack. The Trump administration did it in a very wrong way. Other Presidents having the option, opted out, for good reasons. Diplomatic reasons. Reasons that involved International laws. Trump basically said "screw it" and just did regardless of consequences.

Not only does it complicate things a great deal, it sort of destroys the notion that we'll be out of the middle east any time soon. So much for -that- promise huh?
And how often do you think a fox like Soleimani gets identified at a specific place and time? We might never have had a chance to get him again; more Americans would die as a result and he’d continue instigating violence in the Middle East and killing Iranian dissidents. That’s what he did for a living, and he liked his job apparently.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: ABNARTY
a reply to: chr0naut

As you noted most of the way-back links do not work. Yet, directly from one of the links that did work:

Suleimani took command of the Quds Force fifteen years ago, and in that time he has sought to reshape the Middle East in Iran’s favor, working as a power broker and as a military force: assassinating rivals, arming allies, and, for most of a decade, directing a network of militant groups that killed hundreds of Americans in Iraq.

Assassinating and killing. Sure he did it for his God and country. I can see why some in Iran idolized him. However, if you want to play that game on a world stage, do not be surprised when you die by the same sword.

Wait, didn't Trump say millions of deaths, and then thousands of deaths, and then more than six hundred? It seems that Trump can say all sorts of lies and you want to believe everything.

Soleimani at least stayed true to his patriotism at all times. He never wanted to attack America. He did want the American troops out of occupying his and the surrounding countries but he posed no actual direct threat to America.

Remember that Trump was supposed to be recalling US troops from foreign soil? Now he's starting wars there and defending the troops on foreign soil. Can't you see there's something contradictory in that?
Wasn’t he helping the Assad regime and its Russian allies murder those who opposed its murderous rule? I’m wondering how someone allied with the Assads and Putin can be such a great guy. Also, wasn’t he deeply involved with Hezbollah and Hamas, including the latter’s rocket and terrorist attacks on Israel? You leftists admire some of the most evil people on the planet. It goes back a long way.
edit on 6-1-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typos

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Millions of people in the ME over the years, 1000's of Iraqis recently and 100's of US service members.

Just 1 is enough to warrant this dirt bag being droned.

He was killed by air to ground missiles, shot from F-15's.

And millions of people? It's like they are blaming him for Desert Storm (where the US was at war against Hussein, the same guy Soleimani was fighting against, at the same time).

Yes, Soleimani killed people. Most of them terrorists that directly threatened Soleimani's country. But millions?

You see, the US also killed lots of people over there (some have suggested 1.2 million Iraqi's), but they did it to control the oil reserves, not to defend their country.

edit on 6/1/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RIPMH370

Nah bro... One more piece of crap terrorist is dead. You should be rejoicing that he didn't come over here and blow up hundreds of innocent lives.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Cute. You're siding with a terrorist because..........Trump.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace

originally posted by: ABNARTY

As you noted most of the way-back links do not work. Yet, directly from one of the links that did work:

Suleimani took command of the Quds Force fifteen years ago, and in that time he has sought to reshape the Middle East in Iran’s favor, working as a power broker and as a military force: assassinating rivals, arming allies, and, for most of a decade, directing a network of militant groups that killed hundreds of Americans in Iraq.

Assassinating and killing. Sure he did it for his God and country. I can see why some in Iran idolized him. However, if you want to play that game on a world stage, do not be surprised when you die by the same sword.

Wait, didn't Trump say millions of deaths, and then thousands of deaths, and then more than six hundred? It seems that Trump can say all sorts of lies and you want to believe everything.

Soleimani at least stayed true to his patriotism at all times. He never wanted to attack America. He did want the American troops out of occupying his and the surrounding countries but he posed no actual direct threat to America.

Remember that Trump was supposed to be recalling US troops from foreign soil? Now he's starting wars there and defending the troops on foreign soil. Can't you see there's something contradictory in that?
Wasn’t he helping the Assad regime and its Russian allies murder those who opposed its murderous rule? I’m wondering how someone allied with the Assads and Putin can be such a great guy.

At the time, Soleimani's troops, Assad and Putin were fighting against ISIL.

Also, wasn’t he deeply involved with Hezbollah and Hamas, including the latter’s rocket and terrorist attacks on Israel? You leftists admire some of the most evil people on the planet. It goes back a long way.

He was involved with Hezbollah but he wasn't involved with Hamas, as far as any news reports or historical sources that I have seen, say.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

No, I'm not siding with either.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Re-read what you wrote.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Re-read what you wrote.

I didn't say Soleimani was good. He's killed people.

I didn't say Trump was good. He's killed people.

I said that Trump had "killed a valuable ally in the US war on terror".

I still haven't seen anything that suggests that Soleimani had anything directly to do with the embassy attack. There were no deaths or even serious injuries at the embassy, from the attack. If that were the actual reason for the assassination of Soleimani, it seems a bit heavy handed.

2019–20 attack on the United States embassy in Baghdad
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Advice: when you bring up some big jumbo nonsence bullcrap , begin your op with softer lies like "the guy was on diplomatic affair, they set him up" etc... You just killed it with this peace broker thing and you will have to start a new account to have any further credibility. Not efficient.

My 2 cents

Jeff

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Iran doesn't support Hamas? Soleimani's area was all places external of Iran. Lebanon, Gaza, Iraq, Yeman and rest of Gulf.

He (Hamas chief in the Gaza Strip Yehya al-Sinwaralso) stressed that Iran “has the greatest credit in building our strength… It has provided us with weapons and money, without which we would not have reached this point.”

link

edit on 6-1-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Yeah neither do I...

I know next to nothing about the guy they blew up or what the reason was and I really don't care either but it struck me as a logical question why they didn't arrest him instead of blowing him up...

Mehh...stocks are down, oil is up....just an other boring Monday.

Peace

He had a sizable protection force, so you want to risk a gun fight to keep him alive and not just missile him?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Would you say he has killed Americans? Or at least was directly in the line of leadership in the death of Americans?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Good to know you dont side with the usa.
No worries
We reslly dont need your help or approval.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Would you say he has killed Americans? Or at least was directly in the line of leadership in the death of Americans?

It already sided with the terrorist.

Its arguement went from "Trump lied about the # of people the terrorist killed, to now, the guy was bad but not as bad as Trump."

I think it should move to Iran and be with the people he respects so much. If it's not already typing from an iranian military compound....

Lolz🤪

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Iran doesn't support Hamas? Soleimani's area was all places external of Iran. Lebanon, Gaza, Iraq, Yeman and rest of Gulf.

He (Hamas chief in the Gaza Strip Yehya al-Sinwaralso) stressed that Iran “has the greatest credit in building our strength… It has provided us with weapons and money, without which we would not have reached this point.”

link

Soleimani is an individual. He may work for Iran but that does not mean he is Iran. To prove culpability, you have to provide a direct evidential link.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join