It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump assassinated man brokering peace (reduced tension) in Persian Gulf

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Stupid as it sounds, and as deserved as it may or may not have been, there is a right way and a wrong way to make that sort of attack. The Trump administration did it in a very wrong way. Other Presidents having the option, opted out, for good reasons. Diplomatic reasons. Reasons that involved International laws. Trump basically said "screw it" and just did regardless of consequences.

Not only does it complicate things a great deal, it sort of destroys the notion that we'll be out of the middle east any time soon. So much for -that- promise huh?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: chr0naut

Mate, C'mon. Really.

Think about it. The man was a terrorist more than equaling the likes of Cardinal Pell but in another aspect/profession if you like.

My advice only,

Kind regards,

Bally

To be clear, Soleimani was never a friend of the US and did most likely cause the death of about 600 US servicemen against which he fought. But then, that was back when the Saddam Hussein was supported by the US, and when Osama Bin Laden was supported by the US.

The US was, at that time, a state sponsor of terrorism. It was only when these terrorists turned against US Interests that the US saw them as terrorists. Then the US changed policy and fought against them, as Soleimani had already been doing for some time.

Did you notice how Trump first accused Soleimani of causing the deaths of millions:

Assassinated Iranian military officer was responsible for millions of deaths, claims Donald Trump

Then it became thousands:

President Trump: Soleimani Killed ‘Thousands of Americans, Was ‘Hated and Feared’ in Iran

And then it became 'more than 600':

Qassem Soleimani was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of American soldiers

How's that for full retard?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ask the Sunni's in the region how nice he is.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Complicate things? Make it harder? Now there will be no peace? Trump just killed the man that Obama, another president, supported, armed and funded. No one wants to talk about that.

Strange there was a troop draw down and suddenly the #e backed militas from Iran were moving into Iraq and Syria. Part of them becoming ISIS/ISIL. Then a sitting POTUS gave them billions...

Brokering Peace...that is simply a lie.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RIPMH370

Can't have peace when you're gearing up for war , that just wouldn't do.

What makes this sad episode even sadder are those jumping with joy over what was a criminal act that will not lead to what most of them supported Trump for , bring the troops home and no more foreign intervention ... the double standard is here palpable.
edit on 6-1-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
reply to: chr0naut

Trump killed a valuable ally in the US's war on terror.

Yeah....one "Ally" who was responsible for 15% Of US Deaths in Iraq and thousands of US troops losing limbs.

You'd think he would have won the Nobel Peace Prize, he's such a humanitarian. Has he?

Perhaps those US troops were at the time supporting terrorist regimes?

But Soleimani was in it for his own country and clearly was never a puppet of the US. That is what a patriot is, someone who defends their own country from threats.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I don't really see people jumping for joy. I'm not but I am glad he is dead. I am worried not only about our own troops in the region but the instability that was caused for the region by his death.

Someone sold him out. For someone to live that long and get away something changed. He either killed or pissed off the wrong group and he was handed on a platter to that drone. Why is it that no one is discussion that? People in those positions rule throw power, fear and hate not diplomacy.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Nice strawman you erected there.

Trump was elected for myriad reasons. Bringing home troops was waaayyyy down the list. Killing ACA was more important to most everyone. Returning jobs to midwestern America. Reinvigorating manufacturing. Most of the big ticket items Trump had committed to are already checked off.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: RIPMH370

General Soleimani

Soleimani assassinated returning from Peace mission to Saudi ARABIA, Trump lied

Trump & Pompeo lied about assassination of General Qassem Soleimani. They knew he was returning from Saudi Arabia to bring peace to the Gulf region. TRUMP KNEW HE WAS ON A DIPLOMATIC MISSION carrying a letter from SAUDI king to Iran & not posing an imminent threat TO THE us embassy.

One good deed does not absolve a man of past sins. The man is a middle eastern version of A german who ordered thousands of jews killed in camps. And besides the papers prolly had a hidden tracker in them and the saudis set him up.

The "past sins" and "terrorism" were part of the lie.

Soleimani fought alongside the US against Saddam Hussein. Soleimani fought alongside the US against Al-Queda. Soleimani fought alongside the US against ISIL.

Soleimani had just landed in Iraq (on a peace mission with a letter from Saudi Arabia) and was coming away from Baghdad airport when he was killed. I haven't seen even as much as an inference that he was involved in the embassy or airfield attacks. He wasn't even in the country at the time of the attacks and was trying to solve diplomatic issues between Iraq and Saudi Arabia. He just wasn't a terrorist, ever.

Trump killed a valuable ally in the US's war on terror.

Yah right...And he stopped off in Israel and shared a a pot of tea with Bibi...

And of course this terrorist was involved in the embassy attacks as well as the just murdered Americans...This was the head guy in Iraq...He's responsible for all of it...

But his boss lives in Iran...If he was carrying a little letter from his peace mission he would have flown to Iran to deliver the letter...

My point was that I have seen nothing that ties him directly to the embassy protest and he seems to have been out of the country on a diplomatic peace mission at the time.

The whole premise seems as false as the WMD's in Iraq were.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Good lord.

Everyone should be aware that Tehran maintains an internet presence for disseminating propaganda.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Trump was elected for myriad reasons. Bringing home troops was waaayyyy down the list

That's not the problem. The problem is that we bailed on our Kurdish allies under the false premise that we were getting out of the Middle East. It was the supposed reason for that action. The excuse given (and accepted by his followers). And then.. he shifted troops around, didn't bring them home.. and now this.

Obviously Trump is just making crap up as he goes. Makes up reasons that have no basis in reality. I wonder if his constituents will ever stop believing his obvious lies. Lied about the reasons we bailed our allies. Lied about the reasons for the assassination.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

As you noted most of the way-back links do not work. Yet, directly from one of the links that did work:

Suleimani took command of the Quds Force fifteen years ago, and in that time he has sought to reshape the Middle East in Iran’s favor, working as a power broker and as a military force: assassinating rivals, arming allies, and, for most of a decade, directing a network of militant groups that killed hundreds of Americans in Iraq.

Assassinating and killing. Sure he did it for his God and country. I can see why some in Iran idolized him. However, if you want to play that game on a world stage, do not be surprised when you die by the same sword.

Wait, didn't Trump say millions of deaths, and then thousands of deaths, and then more than six hundred? It seems that Trump can say all sorts of lies and you want to believe everything.

Soleimani at least stayed true to his patriotism at all times. He never wanted to attack America. He did want the American troops out of occupying his and the surrounding countries but he posed no actual direct threat to America.

Remember that Trump was supposed to be recalling US troops from foreign soil? Now he's starting wars there and defending the troops on foreign soil. Can't you see there's something contradictory in that?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So the Germans would have us believe.....?

Will there be a film short later before the main attraction telling us this info?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Trump has habitual "full of horsecrap" in the most chronic form.

But as I recall...we moved 30 some odd folks out of the area. If it only takes 30 marines to hold back all of Turkey's armed forces, Iran is totally screwed if they develop this into an actual war and we send in 10's of thousands.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
How many wars does the U.S have to lie the world into for people to wake up. If they say one thing, the opposite is probobaly the truth.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

To be clear, Soleimani was never a friend of the US and did most likely cause the death of about 600 US servicemen against which he fought. But.............

OK Elizabeth Warren.

When would it have been ok to take him out? How many people did he need to kill?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I am not even speaking about the President. You brought him up.

The discussion was about Soleimani. The UN decreed was such a danger to the region he was not allowed to leave Iran. Yet, there he was. Doing what? You and I will never know.

He never wanted to attack America.

I am at a disadvantage here. I did not know him personally as you seem to.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Millions of people in the ME over the years, 1000's of Iraqis recently and 100's of US service members.

Just 1 is enough to warrant this dirt bag being droned.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Why didn’t Iran send a diplomat on this mission? Why send what Wikipedia describes as “... an Iranian major general in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and, from 1998 until his death, commander of its Quds Force, a division primarily responsible for extraterritorial military and clandestine operations?”

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
Why didn’t Iran send a diplomat on this mission? Why send what Wikipedia describes as “... an Iranian major general in the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and, from 1998 until his death, commander of its Quds Force, a division primarily responsible for extraterritorial military and clandestine operations?”

He has to broker peace through the members of the Iraqi parliament who have been subverted and are now agents of Iran.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join