It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live: Iran's supreme leader Khamenei pays tribute to Soleimani

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

For anyone interested in watching.....

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Thanks, I reported it for promoting terrorism.

a reply to: ErEhWoN

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Freedom of speech little lamb a reply to: hombero

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

He wasn't a terrorist. He was a legitimate general in the army of a country where the US recognizes their national sovereignty.

I still haven't found anything that clearly ties him to the embassy protest. If you can find something, please post it.

Also, if they were after this one guy and his troops, why did they hit five separate sites, one even located in Syria? The narrative just sounds a bit confused and I suspect something else is the truth.

and I remember the WMD BS from 2003, so I'm cynical.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hard Pass

Let me know if someone runs in with one of those special vests and raises the roof on the joint. Then I'll consider tuning in. Better yet... Let me know if someone leaves behind one of those MOAB thingies with a sticker "Merry Christmas - Love Trump". Be sure to record it for me. I'd watch that with popcorn.

Besides... I can already imagine how that will go.

"Martyrdom bla bla bla Great Satan America - Orange Devil - blazi blazi blazi - death to Israel"!

close?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Tommy Chong isn't a terrori.... Oh wait! That's not Tommy Chong! That guy... Yeah, I'm pretty sure that guy is a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Tommy Chong isn't a terrori.... Oh wait! That's not Tommy Chong! That guy... Yeah, I'm pretty sure that guy is a terrorist.

I hadn't heard about Soleimani till the day before yesterday. Suddenly, he's a terrorist.

I did a little research and it appears he fought to bring down Saddam Hussein (you know the guy who the US put in place and supported militarily, until he didn't when Hussein threatened US access to the oil fields in Kuwait and Iraq. Then the US about faced and fought alongside Soleimani, against Hussein.

After that, among other things, Soleimani fought against Al-Queda (you know, the terrorist guys who brought down the World Trade Center in New York, even after all the US did to set him in command in the first place). Seems Soleimani was highly awarded for his anti-terrorist actions.

Then after Al-Queda was defeated, Soleimani fought against ISIL (you know, the terrorist guys) and was instrumental in defeating them at Aleppo, Fallujah and Mosul. He fought alongside the US forces. Soleimani was further awarded for his anti-terrorist actions.

The US embassy in Baghdad was attacked by protesters on the 31st December.

3 days later, Soleimani was killed in an airstrike as he was driving away from Baghdad airport having just arrived in the country from Iran or Lebanon (he wasn't even in Iraq when the embassy was attacked, or when the US Air Base in Kirkuk was attacked).

As near as I can tell, he wasn't a terrorist but worked against terrorists, and fought alongside the US forces, against terrorist groups.

Gen. Soleimani: A new brand of Iranian hero for nationalist times - Christian Science Monitor Feb 15, 2016.

It looks like Trump has screwed up, again. They should call him sexfingers, he screws everything he touches, lies about the outcomes, blames everyone else and makes continual wheedling excuses, and all at the same time! You'd have to be really stupid not to see through that in an instant.

edit on 6/1/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   

edit on 6-1-2020 by CthruU because: Unresponse worthy

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I hadn't heard about Soleimani till the day before yesterday. Suddenly, he's a terrorist.

I did a little research and it appears he fought to bring down Saddam Hussein (you know the guy who the US put in place and supported militarily, until he didn't when Hussein threatened US access to the oil fields in Kuwait and Iraq. Then the US about faced and fought alongside Soleimani, against Hussein.

I'm not going to quote your whole post but I will respond to all of it in a manner of sorts.

You haven't heard of Soleimani but this 'assassination' prompted you to dig into it because you're trying to find that angle against Trump, I'm going to assume. It's an educated guess based on the many previous responses of your stance on Trump. Whether you admit that or not isn't important but it's my opinion and I feel it's relevant so I threw it in here.

I should also mention that just because we were fighting the same enemy, it does not make us allies. Our enemy who is the enemy of our enemies is still our enemy.

If you had to read up on the guy to know what he was all about, why did you simply start and stop with "He fought Al-Queda and ISIL"? Surely you were able to read up on all of his other exploits... unless you were getting your information from places like, you know... anti-trump/anti-american sources. Maybe that's your thing. I dunno. Something something something Jane Fonda comes to mind.

Had you dug a little deeper, you might have found other important information, like maybe his associations with Hamas, Hezbollah, the Palestinian Jihad, Shia militants and other real stand up groups who love human life and America. This guy has been directing attacks against MANY western nations over the past 10 years and you're just now hearing about him? Who do you think this 'Iranian Superman' behind the Qud "special forces"? You know, the guys that do the Ayatollah's bidding? Ring any bells? It's been in the news for years... YEARS. We've been dealing with this guy in Syria, Iraq and also a major player in offences against the Israeli people.

Or maybe you saw all of that when you looked him up and just said... awe.. Let bygones be bygones.

Lets just say he's kind of like the Iranian James Bond but not really and with a military force to do his bidding, with spies in his control, plants and sleeper cells all over in countries that Iran would love to see destroyed. Who knows... One of those guys may live a block away from you... just waiting for the call.

Nothing this guy has done in the arena has been 'good'. The only reason the guy had anything against Al-Queda and ISIL was because it was a conflict of power. But wait... they were for Al-Queda before they were against Al-Queda. Oh but we're the bad guys because we took him out during a "friendly" visit to Iraq yet I don't hear anything about when he tried to take out an Israeli politician via a bombing in India.

What about the brutal murders of some of our troops in Iraq. Don't remember the heavily reported raid on a police headquarters back in 07? What about the plot to kill a Saudi Ambassador in DC some years back? What about the IEDs they were supplying to kill our own troops in Iraq? My brother-in-law lost nearly his whole squad in one of those attacks with such a device that nearly killed him as well. It messed him up a bit on the outside but a whole lot on the inside. But hey... that's war. It comes with the territory. Besides all of that, the Quds have been considered a terrorist group since 2007. Obama didn't take them off that list so I guess it still stands.

Remember Gulf of Oman this past year? 2019.. Not all that long ago. Not once but twice! You should read up on that in case you forgot what happened there.

As far as Iraq goes, he was warned that HE and Iran would be held accountable for any attacks on U.S. interests in Iraq. Can't say sorry if he was already given a very stern warning. They've been trying to exert their power over Iraq from the beginning.

Every turn that we faced against Iranian hostility, illegally captured vessels and troops, even murdered troops, Iranian forces playing chicken with our naval vessels... He has been behind it, stoking the flame. He is quite possibly responsible for a good chunk of our troops deaths in Iraq. There is nothing good about this guy. He has even demanded a sovereign state, Bahrain, that if they didn't reinstate the citizenship of a cleric, he would literally bring a Bloody Intifada against them. Seriously. Who does that? He's been supplying weapons to any group that goes against anyone he wishes to depose. Sure, the US does that too but that doesn't make it right. At least (in most cases) the reasons are justified.

This is the corn-fed bully on the playground that keeps poking you in the chest and dares you to do something because his dad will beat up your dad. Sounds like someone had the balls to grab that finger and snap it off clean. That guy is Trump.

Another responded here while taking her time to give links to many sources. Have you taken time to read any of those? I honestly don't know if you really believe the stuff you're defending or if you're just opposing for the sake of argument or if you're just really that hung up on denouncing any action Trump takes. I think a little common sense goes a long way in situations like this.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Great response except for the "Thanks" bit. What ever where you thinking.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'm not going to quote your whole post but I will respond to all of it in a manner of sorts.

You haven't heard of Soleimani but this 'assassination' prompted you to dig into it because you're trying to find that angle against Trump, I'm going to assume. It's an educated guess based on the many previous responses of your stance on Trump. Whether you admit that or not isn't important but it's my opinion and I feel it's relevant so I threw it in here.

I should also mention that just because we were fighting the same enemy, it does not make us allies. Our enemy who is the enemy of our enemies is still our enemy.

If you had to read up on the guy to know what he was all about, why did you simply start and stop with "He fought Al-Queda and ISIL"? Surely you were able to read up on all of his other exploits... unless you were getting your information from places like, you know... anti-trump/anti-american sources. Maybe that's your thing. I dunno. Something something something Jane Fonda comes to mind.

Had you dug a little deeper, you might have found other important information, like maybe his associations with Hamas, Hezbollah, the Palestinian Jihad, Shia militants and other real stand up groups who love human life and America. This guy has been directing attacks against MANY western nations over the past 10 years and you're just now hearing about him? Who do you think this 'Iranian Superman' behind the Qud "special forces"? You know, the guys that do the Ayatollah's bidding? Ring any bells? It's been in the news for years... YEARS. We've been dealing with this guy in Syria, Iraq and also a major player in offences against the Israeli people.

Or maybe you saw all of that when you looked him up and just said... awe.. Let bygones be bygones.

Lets just say he's kind of like the Iranian James Bond but not really and with a military force to do his bidding, with spies in his control, plants and sleeper cells all over in countries that Iran would love to see destroyed. Who knows... One of those guys may live a block away from you... just waiting for the call.

Nothing this guy has done in the arena has been 'good'. The only reason the guy had anything against Al-Queda and ISIL was because it was a conflict of power. But wait... they were for Al-Queda before they were against Al-Queda. Oh but we're the bad guys because we took him out during a "friendly" visit to Iraq yet I don't hear anything about when he tried to take out an Israeli politician via a bombing in India.

What about the brutal murders of some of our troops in Iraq. Don't remember the heavily reported raid on a police headquarters back in 07? What about the plot to kill a Saudi Ambassador in DC some years back? What about the IEDs they were supplying to kill our own troops in Iraq? My brother-in-law lost nearly his whole squad in one of those attacks with such a device that nearly killed him as well. It messed him up a bit on the outside but a whole lot on the inside. But hey... that's war. It comes with the territory. Besides all of that, the Quds have been considered a terrorist group since 2007. Obama didn't take them off that list so I guess it still stands.

Remember Gulf of Oman this past year? 2019.. Not all that long ago. Not once but twice! You should read up on that in case you forgot what happened there.

As far as Iraq goes, he was warned that HE and Iran would be held accountable for any attacks on U.S. interests in Iraq. Can't say sorry if he was already given a very stern warning. They've been trying to exert their power over Iraq from the beginning.

Every turn that we faced against Iranian hostility, illegally captured vessels and troops, even murdered troops, Iranian forces playing chicken with our naval vessels... He has been behind it, stoking the flame. He is quite possibly responsible for a good chunk of our troops deaths in Iraq. There is nothing good about this guy. He has even demanded a sovereign state, Bahrain, that if they didn't reinstate the citizenship of a cleric, he would literally bring a Bloody Intifada against them. Seriously. Who does that? He's been supplying weapons to any group that goes against anyone he wishes to depose. Sure, the US does that too but that doesn't make it right. At least (in most cases) the reasons are justified.

This is the corn-fed bully on the playground that keeps poking you in the chest and dares you to do something because his dad will beat up your dad. Sounds like someone had the balls to grab that finger and snap it off clean. That guy is Trump.

Another responded here while taking her time to give links to many sources. Have you taken time to read any of those? I honestly don't know if you really believe the stuff you're defending or if you're just opposing for the sake of argument or if you're just really that hung up on denouncing any action Trump takes. I think a little common sense goes a long way in situations like this.

The US was a state sponsor of those terrorist groups back when Soleimani fought directly against Americans.

The US are still the foreign force there, at least Soleimani was fighting in and for his own country at the time.

And yeah, I don't like Trump's politics, false patriotism or personality. These actions by Trump just add to my dislike.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Dude... Seriously? I'm just 1 post up from your response. Did you need to quote my WHOLE RESPONSE? You didn't even pick out anything specific - just quoted the whole thing. C'mon man.. Forum etiquette. Saves a lot of space and load times. Plus it's just unsightly and lazy.

The US was a state sponsor of those terrorist groups back when Soleimani fought directly against Americans.

And as I've stated - We've done the same but most of the time we've done it for just reasons. Iran has not.

The US are still the foreign force there, at least Soleimani was fighting in and for his own country at the time.

No... He wasn't. ok maybe you can find one instance somewhere that shows that they repelled attacks from bla bla back in the day but what we're talking about... No, he wasn't. Did you read my response all the way through? Of course you didn't. You only quoted it. I'm going to assume that IF you did, you likely agreed with everything I've said since you didn't dispute any of it. Unfortunately, it just looks like you skimmed the response and made a few wild responses that really didn't address anything - just more of a passive dismissal with opinions that you have hard coded inside.

But I aint mad atcha. You're untitled to your own opinion no matter how baseless I feel it is.

And yeah, I don't like Trump's politics, false patriotism or personality. These actions by Trump just add to my dislike.

Case and point. We have nothing more to discuss, apparently.

So much for a constructive argument.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Terrorist your game is through 'cause now you have to answer too
America, # yeah!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Dude... Seriously? I'm just 1 post up from your response. Did you need to quote my WHOLE RESPONSE? You didn't even pick out anything specific - just quoted the whole thing. C'mon man.. Forum etiquette. Saves a lot of space and load times. Plus it's just unsightly and lazy.

Apologies.

And as I've stated - We've done the same but most of the time we've done it for just reasons. Iran has not.

Was controlling the oil a just reason?

Where has the US been when other countries need protection against injustice?

It's funny how every dispute or war the US gets into, has a direct bearing on US economic interests. It isn't an unjust reason, but it also usually isn't a just reason, either.

No... He wasn't. ok maybe you can find one instance somewhere that shows that they repelled attacks from bla bla back in the day but what we're talking about... No, he wasn't.

Does that not strike you as a contradiction?

Did you read my response all the way through? Of course you didn't. You only quoted it. I'm going to assume that IF you did, you likely agreed with everything I've said since you didn't dispute any of it.

I did read your entire post but I didn't have opportunity to respond to every point.

However, I could point out that you mentioned Hamas and the Palestinian Jihad. Please post some evidence, not unfounded accusations, that links Soleimani with these groups.

People are only guilty of a crime, if they committed that crime.

Case and point. We have nothing more to discuss, apparently.

So much for a constructive argument.

I am continuing to debate this, but whereas you are responding mostly to one person, I am defending an unpopular view and therefore have lots of opposing posts to respond to, and have limited time to do so.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
So i am curious did you guys even watch it?

cause i got feeling ya didnt.

I bet the 2 ppl who starred it, didn't

Tell me I am wrong hahaha.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   
yeeeeeeeeeeeah

op nor did anyone ITT watch it lollercakes

new topics

top topics

join