It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ricky Gervais just blew up Hollywood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I didn't see the whole show but was he back on stage after the monologue? I saw a quote saying he'd been hooked off as it was too risky to let him carry on.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: firesnake

I didn't watch that god-awful mess. But if they yanked him from hosting the rest of the show that is extremely telling

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: firesnake
I didn't see the whole show but was he back on stage after the monologue? I saw a quote saying he'd been hooked off as it was too risky to let him carry on.

He was on the entire broadcast and made more jokes later in the show.

“No female directors were nominated this year,” Gervais said during the middle of the telecast. “That’s bad. I’ve had a word with the HFPA and they have guaranteed this will never happen again. Working with all the major studios, [the HFPA has] agreed to go back to the way things were when they didn’t hire women directors. That will solve the problem. You’re welcome.”

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Can I just say that Leo is a great actor. He can even pretended to laugh at himself.

The others not so much. Some of those faces... The shock, the horror, dread?

Ricky Gervais just summed up what most Americans are thinking in one brilliant swoop!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'd bet it's scripted too.
He may have written his own jokes though.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed his film The Invention of Lying. Very funny.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Just starting reading the thread now. This should be fun. Apologies if this is a repeat:

Trump's New Press Secretary

edit on 6-1-2020 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Gold!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: putnam6
And all I have is the evidence that is constantly provided here at ATS regarding the pitchforks that are dragged out for anyone that dare speak against Trump.

Sorry, haven't seen one instance of any Trump supporters 'dragging out pitchforks for anyone that dare to speak out against Trump'.

I have, however, seen instance after instance of TDS sufferers doing the same for anyone who dares to support Trump.
edit on 6-1-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wow. That was FREAKING AWESOME! Like a roller coaster ride but waaaay better!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I saw some horrified looking actors like Hanks... It was a great speech, I love how he called them all out and there's nothing they could do but listen. I also loved seeing so many out there trying to conceal their laughing.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

One hell of a monolog use.

I'll always take seriously and admire the words of a person saying them knowing they're putting it all on the line.

He spoke his mind to a crowd of entitled ass clowns. What's the impact you all ask me? Minute IMO, but damnit does it feel good for people to call out the insanity of it all.

And he did it right in their face instead of in some interview... They all had to sit there and watch as he said what millions and millions of us have been wanting to say.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
a reply to: putnam6

Glad you liked his stage show. And all I have is the evidence that is constantly provided here at ATS regarding the pitchforks that are dragged out for anyone that dare speak against Trump.

But since you appreciate Gervais, here's him from an actual interview on Trump...

“Why were people believing the most opulent billionaire on the planet when he said the problem was the liberal elite in Hollywood. I’m thinking why are they falling for this? Why are they falling for drain the swamp? He is the swamp.”

I'm gonna guess you don't have an open mind about that statement?
Keep on keeping on brotha.

LOL, this has nothing to do with Trump it's about the left's mindset that a conservative can't have compassion or free thought. Hell, half my family is Democrat and they can't stand how whiney the left has become. As far as Trump goes personally I really don't like the guy never have and that was before his ridiculous TV show and his political campaign. The dislike goes all the way back to the '80s and reading about how he railroaded the USFL football league, ruined it actually. That said the only other choice was Hilliary and there was no way I'd want that loon in the Whitehouse. Read Whitewater the lady is a literal snake in the grass, and that was before she got old and bitter.

It really was the lesser of two evils, still is cause the left has nothing but milk toast candidates that will get blistered by Trump and in the glaring lights of Presidency if they did win. Trump thrives on this stuff, thrives on conflict and the economy reaching levels our past President said was going to take a whole lot of magic and luck. All the while the left has thrown everything at him but the kitchen sink and none of it sticks.
edit on 6-1-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Gervais is definitely a Trump hater. And probably has an eyebrow raise for America in general.

I find it hilarious that so many of you are living for this. This is the real manipulation of media that you're all usually upset about, part of it at least.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Re - mobile.twitter.com...

This says Harvey Weinstein was indicted today for sex crimes. I thought he was indicted last year or maybe when the year before that for sex crimes.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

This is Los Angeles, the charges from last year are in Manhattan.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Are you kidding? After a roasting like that, they'll be looking for him right alongside Jimmy Hoffa.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Gervais is definitely a Trump hater. And probably has an eyebrow raise for America in general.

I find it hilarious that so many of you are living for this. This is the real manipulation of media that you're all usually upset about, part of it at least.

I don't like Gervais; he's a dick. But even the biggest jerk can be right occasionally, like Bill Maher.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I was surprised by it, never watched it live, just snippets and articles. I was under the impression that a host normally passes the act of what they're doing before it starts. So for someone to okay it, just seems 'off'.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Wooooooo! That was awesome.

How long before Gervais "hangs himself from a door handle" or "drowns in the tub while overdosing on drugs?" He's got guts, gotta give him that. I'd be scared spitless of the fallout from that monologue though.

Leftists, especially "woke" ones in Hollyweird are to be feared as they are not only weirdos they actually think it is cool and funny to encourage violence against people who are not Democrats and did not vote Democratic in the last election.
They'd as soon chop of your head (Kathy Griffith);
blow you up (Madonna);
shoot you in the head (Snoop Dog);
punch you in the face (DeNiro: Everlast);
beat you with a baseball bat (Rourke);
(Delauria) actually said ALL trump supporters AND independents should be whacked with a baseball bat;
kill you (Manson, Lopez);
suffocate you in your sleep (Wilmore);
put your head on a spike (Colbert);
as acknowledge they are arrogant, condescending over entitled elitist snobs who think it is their duty to force people to believe as the progressive/liberal left does.. www.breitbart.com...

Look at the way they ignore the several times a month beatings of conservatives, they tacitly support by not condemning it when someone with a MAGA hat on gets the you know what beat out of them, while minding their own business.
Gotta love the way the progressive/liberals/leftists spread the "love".
I find their way of "encouraging" people to vote Democratic to be the same as those Putin and the Chinese use to "encourage" people to vote for the communist party.

Gervais simply told it like it is. What a brave man.

I applaud his honesty.

Maybe even a far lefty like Gervais is seeing the damage being done by Hollyweird and the leftists with their over the top hate, loathing and condescension for the 66+ million people in flyover country who are conservative.

Maybe Gervais sees that the over the top PC policing and doxing of people for not being progressive/liberal/left enough is doing more to chase people away from the Democratic Party then Trump ever could. At least Trump and the conservatives actually like and respect the flyover, average American People, who make the country work, instead of always trying to tell them what to think and how to live, and telling them over and over and over how terrible and awful they are.

edit on 1/6/20 by The2Billies because: addition

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join