It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is on full display over Iran

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

he resolution cited many factors as justifying the use of military force against Iraq:[3][4]

Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 ceasefire agreement, including interference with U.N. weapons inspectors.
Iraq "continuing to possess and develop a significant chemical and biological weapons capability" and "actively seeking a nuclear weapons capability" posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region."
Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population."
Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people".
Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt on former President George H. W. Bush and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War.
Members of al-Qaeda, an organization bearing responsibility for attacks on the United States, its citizens, and interests, including the attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, are known to be in Iraq.
Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations.
Iraq paid bounty to families of suicide bombers.
The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, and those who aided or harbored them.
The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism.
The governments in Turkey, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia feared Saddam and wanted him removed from power.
Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.
The resolution "supported" and "encouraged" diplomatic efforts by President George W. Bush to "strictly enforce through the U.N. Security Council all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq" and "obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion, and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq."

The resolution authorized President Bush to use the Armed Forces of the United States "as he determines to be necessary and appropriate" in order to "defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq."

Introduced in Congress on October 2, 2002, in conjunction with the Administration's proposals,[3][8] H.J.Res. 114 passed the House of Representatives on Thursday afternoon at 3:05 p.m. EDT on October 10, 2002, by a vote of 296-133,[9] and passed the Senate after midnight early Friday morning, at 12:50 a.m. EDT on October 11, 2002, by a vote of 77-23.[10] It was signed into law as Pub.L. 107–243 by President Bush on October 16, 2002.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pelosi,Biden,Clinton ALL voted to go in.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

"Because there was no single reason for going into Iraq."

I agree with you there.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Yeah.

It’s some kind of hatred condition for Donald Trump that makes people not want to be involved in another Middle Eastern war.

Do you guys even listen to yourselves anymore?

You checked your credibility in at the door before you said this, clearly. You were part of the crowd cheering against POTUS for leaving North Syria prior to Turkey pouring over the border. It seemed like you and dozens other would have preferred open war there.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Question: should US forces not have hit this target of opportunity of a mastermind in the deaths of hundreds of Americans?

Simple question. Just let him continue operating as he has? Or terminate him for his actions?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Great. Now we can look forward to Bernie Sanders getting the keys to the Whitehouse!!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

The biggest thing, in my opinion, that the left hate about Trump is that he's always one step ahead of them. Trump doesn't make a move like this without knowing what type of consequence it brings. His ego won't let him make that kind of mistake. If Bush wanted to go to war, he should have went in with the attitude to win and come home, but neither he, nor obama had that attitude. Bush stayed there, obama bowed and apologized. Both made us look weak. Trump takes care of business and calls it a day. Eff what anybody thinks about him, our security and safety is more important than their feelings.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
TDS in action

Last week on ATS: OMG I love Trump, he's going to bring troops home, we're not world police and don't want another illegal war in the ME.

This week on ATS: OMG I love Trump he's sending more troops to the ME, starting war with Iran, threatening illegal regime change and war crimes by bombing civillian and cultural sites.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
It's because president Trump keeps making the right decisions and they absolutely hate that. Why else would they be this way?

πŸ‘

Exactly. If he was failing, they wouldn't act this way because they would let him continue to dig his own grave.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Iran aside , trump derangement syndrome is not real , as we didn't have Thatcher derangement syndrome
or any other dickhead in power syndrome

just call it what it is , people dont like other people who act like #s

Anyway I thought Donald wanted out of the middle east and America to go back to being Isolationist to a degree
and decrease their military spending , looks like that isnt happening .

Once more showing Donald isnt in control but the MIC obviously run the show

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Looks like your safety isnt that important , since drone striking nations known to carry out terror attacks isnt exactly going to keep you safe from them , especially when they plan to retaliate

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

If Trump were President in WW2, the Modern Democrat Party would support Hitler over him.

Just being honest.

I guess we should never kill enemies who kill US Troops because.........they will just kill more US Troops.

Is that it Democrats?

edit on 6-1-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
If Obama did this, we would not see the protests in Iran and the media would be gushing over how this was a bold and brave thing the President did. We would actually see propaganda rallies created by Netflix where Iranians would be in full support of the Messiah the left calls Obama.

Obama was the drone master and murdered more people with drones than anyone. Heck, he walked guns down to Mexico and got a BP officer murdered. Not a peep from the left.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword and this guy ran into a president that said enough is enough..

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Brother, what Trump says and pretends regarding embassy and such things is most likely a false flag this is not the first time US government uses false flags. Even if it was true the response would not be what happened.

I think, Trump needs the support of zhionist fanatics so he did this as a new year gift to them. Otherwise this gamble to kill the officials of other countries is completely unwise and no one in the middle East supports this except groups similar to ISIS. Maybe he has changed his mind and he wants to support Daesh the same as his predecessors.

For the sake of whomever this was done, it could never be beneficial for US. You may not perceive the atmosphere in the middle East, but This was another poison arrow which hit the US reputation.
edit on 01amAmerica/Chicago322 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 01amAmerica/Chicago352 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

We got out the torches and pitchforks when obama drew the red line over and over. We got out the torches and pitchforks when obama sent leaflets from the sky, warning of the incoming strike. We got out the torches and pitchforks when obama bombed empty buildings.

Can you give me one example of us getting torches and pitchforks when obama successfully took out a terrorist?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You all act like this is a new thing. EVERY time there is a high profile attack in the middle east, the other side blames the president. Except for Bin Laden's assasination. Republicans just tried tio make it look fake because black man bad.

Yawn. Just blind partisanship in action.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: SailorJerry

Right back at you. Trump could throw a baby up in the air and catch it on a bayonet and you would still lick his boot.

Killing babies, about the only thing the left would cheer him for

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
TDS in action

Last week on ATS: OMG I love Trump, he's going to bring troops home, we're not world police and don't want another illegal war in the ME.

This week on ATS: OMG I love Trump he's sending more troops to the ME, starting war with Iran, threatening illegal regime change and war crimes by bombing civillian and cultural sites.

Oh dang he's sending more troops to the ME to start a war with Iran? How many has he sent? Do you have a number?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: Anathros

originally posted by: HalWesten
The only way it's going to end is if we keep hammering the Left's audiences with the facts. They have been screaming their false-hoods loud and often enough that a lot of people believe them. We must, as responsible citizens, counter that with just as much factual fervor and determination or it will never stop.

If anyone is still on the left, facts aren't going to change anything at this point. Logic and facts be damned is the mantra of the left. I'm talking about the left and not moderate Democrats.

Are there still moderate Democrat? If there are, they've been keeping their heads down and mouths closed for far too long. They've handed their party over to whackadoos and they aren't getting it back.

Good points.

When Trump won, they were psychologically scarred. Everything is about hating Trump.

I don't think the people power care one iota about Trump. What has really changed? We still use gasoline. Unions are busted. Minimum wage is kept in checked. Tax breaks for the rich, oh boy. More corporatist judges appointed at every level. As far as the deep state is concerned Trump has been TERRIFIC! Every year the rich get richer. Every year the median worker's wage is driven closer to a poverty wage. If you are billionaire, life has NEVER been better! The billionaires LOVE Trump!!

Now if Trump ends the endless war that would irritate the billionaires. But after killing general Salami it looks war with Iran is going to be inevitable. Again, it turns out, the billionaires LOVE Trump. Military spending is very profitable!!

Yeah, these are billionaires??

Americans of all backgrounds are experiencing economic success in the Trump economy

ASSOCIATED PRESS: US Household Income Finally Matches 1999 Peak; Poverty Drops

THE WASHINGTON POST: For The First Time, Most New Working-Age Hires In The U.S. Are People Of Color

REUTERS: Tight U.S. Labor Market Shrinks Gender And Race Gaps To Record Lows

THE NEW YORK TIMES: Minority Women Are Winning The Jobs Race In A Record Economic Expansion

WASHINGTON EXAMINER: Black Unemployment Rate Hits Record Low

THE DAILY CALLER: Black Unemployment Hits Record Low, Spurred By Uptick In Employment For Black Women

CNS NEWS: Hispanic Unemployment Rate Ties All-Time Low

ASSOCIATED PRESS: Unemployment Rate Hits Record Low For Asian Americans

BREITBART: 6.2 Million Individuals Off Food Stamps Under Trump

www.whitehouse.gov...

These are not billionaires last I checked and when the stock market breaks records, people who are not millionaires or billionaires benefit as their 401 k's go up along with other investments they may have.

As a black man, I look at my 4 cousins. I remember that they were always between jobs and complaining. Now, 1 of them started a business, 2 of them have steady jobs and one of them keeps changing jobs and it's because he keeps finding jobs that pay more. He just told me he left his job to start a new job with more pay on Monday.

They're not billionaires!

Oh dear, Oh dear... Does "Deny Ignorance" mean nothing anymore. This fellow will enlighten you somewhat, you seem to need it.
The US economy is currently on its last legs, even your economic stockbroker Gurus have said as such but please carry on it's very amusing.

edit on 6-1-2020 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
damn i feel like it was only yesterday that the denizens of ats were proclaiming that they only voted for trump because he promised to end the wars and pull the troops out. For a while i almost felt positive because that's a pretty admirable goal to set to, and i could see the shape of some hope ahead for everyone.

but now here we are, Forever War part XIX and you're all fevered and hungry for the blood of people you'll never know, howling like a chorus of jackals, and for what? all of it just to trigger the libs. i can only imagine the horror one would wake to, the day they realised how far down this path they'd gone.

First of all, Poptart, not one single ATS'er ever said they're only voting for Trump because promised to end the wars and pull out troops. Second, we've all seen you post and never once did you lead on that you felt positive or almost positive about such a goal because you've spent your time bashing Trump and the right.

No, here we aren't. This isn't going to lead to a war, that's a lie being pushed by the left. Trump stays a step ahead, he always does. When they attack us, we attack them and make it hurt. For almost 2 decades, the Middle Least has been getting by with whatever they wanted to and we'd sit back and let them. Peace through strength is the only way with many countries. You don't like it, so it's best you sit back and pay attention to something else while the adults go to work. We aren't going to let any of our own get hurt here on American soil.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekner

originally posted by: bastion
TDS in action

Oh dang he's sending more troops to the ME to start a war with Iran? How many has he sent? Do you have a number?

120,000 is the uppermost option Patrick Shanahan presented to Trump if Iran attacked US personel or started ramping up efforts to make a nuke, 14,000 is expected. 3000 - 3500 have been called up in the last 24 hours (reports vary, most cite 3000, thiough ones in the last hour cite over 3500) with 750 sent to Kuwait last week and several hundred to Saudi last month - so roughly 5000 so far.
edit on 6-1-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

14,000 US troops have been sent to the ME since May so this makes it 19,000 since then and rapidly rising.

Al Jaz has a pretty good round up of the deployments here: www.aljazeera.com...

The United States is sending nearly 3,000 additional troops to the Middle East from the 82nd Airborne Division as a precaution amid rising threats to American forces in the region, US officials have said.
The additional troops would be joining the roughly 750 forces that were sent to Kuwait earlier this week, according to officials, speaking to news agencies on the condition of anonymity. Those troops were deployed after protesters stormed the US embassy compound in Iraq.

US officials told Reuters News Agency earlier this week that thousands of additional troops could be sent to the region and had been told to prepare to deploy.
-----
Prior to this week's troop deployments, the administration had sent 14,000 additional troops to the Middle East since May, when it first publicly claimed Iran was planning attacks on US interests.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join