It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Soleimani in Iraq legally or officially?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RIPMH370

If there is any truth to this, it looks like someone got used (PM) for being a sympathizer and someone got played... A terrorist general.

MAN Trump is such a Troll!

That's one helluva brilliant strategy!

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Well I just know that he was the man who saved Iraq from ISIS when they were behind the Baghdad doors. And the man who was with him was the leader of the mobilization group who helped him.

Trump tries to pretend that this was for the benefits of USA I am not American but I think he did this for the benefits of himself to please those zhionist fanatic groups to support him.

Here the public opinion is that USA made and supported ISIS and now killed the hero that stood against it. I do not want to exaggerate but it is enough that you see how many people respected him both in Iraq and Iran and elsewhere.

I am sorry to say that Trump ruined the least reputation which had remained for USA. I wish at least it was for the sake of his country but I do not know how it can be !
This is a wage of war.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Lies about what are war crimes to diminish them?

Come on man that lows even for your normal terrible false equivalencies and lies.

Disproportionate escalation and attacking cultural sites ARE WAR CRIMES.

The President of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA tweeting (he declared "media posts" official word from the Office of the President LOL) that his possible actions include those above war crimes is maddening.

A classified statement at the 48 hour mark after an operation that was planned at least a week in advance (from reporting I have seen) doesn't seem to be very in line with the Act.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

He was under UN travel sanctions and was not allowed to leave Iran.

Thanks for the info. I haven’t seen it mentioned in any news story. I wonder why?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Did Barham Salih or Adil Abdul-Mahdi, the prez and prime minister respectively, know of his presence and approve of it? I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere;

Abdul Mahdi suggested Sunday that Iran and the Saudis had been engaged in dialogue to tamp down their feud, with Iraq playing the role of mediator. Abdul Mahdi said he had been expecting to meet with Soleimani on the day he was killed. “He came to deliver me a message from Iran, responding to the message we delivered from Saudi Arabia to Iran,” the prime minister said, without providing details.

Wapo

Addendum: Twitter
Thanks for the info. Not surprising that he had permission from at least one faction in the Iraqi government. We need to exit that snake pit ASAP. It’s a no-win situation for us. Fixed installations like the embassy are especially vulnerable.
edit on 6-1-2020 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: Ksihkehe

So dispensing with Congress in the declaration of war is a Presidential power in whatever demented version of your Republic you subscribe to OK

Vietnam taught us that you don't need to declare ware to bomb the s#!t out of someone.
Don't they teach history in school any more?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: Liquesence

Should we not be better than those with whom we're engaged, and follow the rules of engagement, or should we throw out the rules and becomes as base, ruthless, ruleless as those against whom we fight?

If only one side follows the ROE in place, are they really rules?

I would consider them problematic limitations.

It does not give one the right to become barbarians or terrorists, to stoop to their level.

That's what sets us apart from them and makes us exceptional.

It we give that up, we have no moral authority for what is right and wrong.

Pretty simple.
Have you not noticed there are people out there who would nuke a U.S. city if they could? Jihadis such as Islamic State are the epitome of evil. They observe no rules and consider any kind of sick act holy if it harms Americans or other infidels. These people are dangerous and brimming with hatred. And there are lots of ‘em, admired and supported by millions of fellow Muslims. The time for behaving like gentlemen is long past. This is a knife fight in a dark alley.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Shoot first, too late to ask questions.
Oh, I don’t care if he was there at the invitation of the Iraqis; I just wanted to know if he was. And he was apparently there in violation of a UN travel ban. Obama considered him a terrorist and he was behind the murder of many Americans. You kill these monsters as soon as you’re able to. Actionable intelligence has a brief shelf-life. You may never get another chance to kill a Soleimani, bin Laden or al Baghdadi. They’re wily beasts by nature.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Peace
Why would we want to endanger our personnel when we can kill these cockroaches with a single $120,000 missile? Did a veteran really advocate that we send our guys in to arrest him? Do you think he would have stayed put as they moved in and surrendered peacefully? I have my doubts that a real veteran suggested that kind of idiocy.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RIPMH370
a reply to: Scapegrace HE WAS INVITED BY iraq's Prime Minister, returning from a diplomatic mission to Saudi Arabia as a peace envoy ON A diplomatic passport. Trump knew he had nothing to do with protests outside the US embassy

Soleimani murdered on a peace mission to SAUDI Arabia

That’s interesting to learn, but I don’t care if he was invited. He needed killing as we say in Texas.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

originally posted by: Scapegrace
I’ve been wondering if Soleimani the martyr was visiting Iraq on the sly, or if he had official permission from the government of Iraq to be there. Did Barham Salih or Adil Abdul-Mahdi, the prez and prime minister respectively, know of his presence and approve of it? I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere; perhaps one of you can tell me.

Anyway, I see Iraq’s parliament has voted to expel U.S. troops from Iraq, which is just fine with me. The entire Middle East is a madhouse and nothing good can come of it, except oil. Let some other country or coalition be the cop there and good luck to them!

Iraqi people also died and were with him, from government, why do you ask?

Is the US legally on Iraq? Or did it invited itself in and refuses to leave, when no one asked or invited it in?

the uninvited guest questioning why there are other people in the house without aproval lmao!

I am so ashamed about this entire thing, you should ask people form other countries what they think

And if you say "who cares what other countries think" then you should be ashamed of yourself, because of so much arrogance

So nasty stuff, i can't believe it but it's true
As I recall, this all started when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait and put the world’s major source of exportable petroleum at risk. The USA had little choice but to intervene, and most of the First World and a number of Arab nations agreed with and supported us. It’s very possible that none of this craziness would be happening now if Saddam hadn’t invaded, and he or his sons would still be happily torturing, terrorizing and murdering Iraqis, especially Kurds and Shiite Arabs. Unfortunately, Bush 43 disregarded his dad’s wise decision not to overthrow Saddam. While it freed the majority of Iraqis who weren’t Sunni Arabs from a sadistic tyrant, the ensuing chaos made it easy for Iran to meddle. Personally, I want us to get the hell out of there and I suspect most Americans agree with me.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: maes2

Well I just know that he was the man who saved Iraq from ISIS when they were behind the Baghdad doors. And the man who was with him was the leader of the mobilization group who helped him.

Trump tries to pretend that this was for the benefits of USA I am not American but I think he did this for the benefits of himself to please those zhionist fanatic groups to support him.

Here the public opinion is that USA made and supported ISIS and now killed the hero that stood against it. I do not want to exaggerate but it is enough that you see how many people respected him both in Iraq and Iran and elsewhere.

I am sorry to say that Trump ruined the least reputation which had remained for USA. I wish at least it was for the sake of his country but I do not know how it can be !
This is a wage of war.
And all this time I had the mistaken idea that it was U.S. forces under Trump and resistance groups led and supplied by the USA that largely dismantled the ISIS caliphate. But it turns out it was the martyr Soleimani who defeated them while aiding and advising the psychotic Assad regime and fighting alongside the Russians. I guess we should be mourning his death despite his direct role in killing and maiming hundreds of Americans and Muslims, too. I don’t think he’s quite the hero you make him out to be.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Lies about what are war crimes to diminish them?

Do I need to draw you a picture? So be it...

That used to be our embassy. Americans could have died. You want to ignore all that just to promote some political agenda? Did you celebrate after Bengazi? Dance in the streets, maybe?

You need to figure out what country you want to live in.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Liquesence

Should we not be better than those with whom we're engaged, and follow the rules of engagement,

What rules ?
Who sets them ?
You watch too many movies.

Addendum:

18 U.S. Code § 2441. War crimes

UN: War Crimes

DOD Law of War/Rules of Engagement (PDF)

Rule s of Engagemnt (Training Command) Marines.mil (pdf)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:17 AM
link   

So dispensing with Congress in the declaration of war is a Presidential power in whatever demented version of your Republic you subscribe to OK
Strangely, even Pelosi doesn’t understand separation of powers, so why should we expect you to? If you’re not American, you can study our Constitution online.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

Vietnam taught us that you don't need to declare ware to bomb the s#!t out of someone.

Last time America declared war was 1942... Just saying lol

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: acackohfcc

Last time America declared war was 1942... Just saying lol

Congress (including Senator Biden) voted to invade and bomb Iraq. Was it officially a "War declaration"?

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Ignore my entire post and switch to the embassy being attacked. Yes it was attacked, yes people could have been injuried or killed, no I didnt celebrate Bengazi, but the fact that you cant address the issues I brought up and are deflecting everything you can means you are not here to actually have a discussion only run some pitiful propaganda move.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Congress (including Senator Biden) voted to invade and bomb Iraq. Was it officially a "War declaration"?

Nope, they voted to fund it... It was called "authorization to use military force"...

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

He didnt declare war you Muppet, war HAS to be declared by Congress.

Stern words do not equal war

I often wonder how some people have lived as long as they have without a bit of Darwin happening
Speaking of the definition of war, how about attacking a sovereign embassy, attacking oil tankers in shipping lanes, etc all the things Iran has been doing. At least N K didn’t target anybody or anything when they were testing nukes.
The main difference between Obama and Trump is that Trump defended our embassy whereas Obama let Benghazi attack happen then just killed Qaddafi later. I would also mention that Democrats have gone so far left they are eating out of the palm of the Communist Party USA and working out of that playbook, so Obama was their man and they foolishly let him do whatever he wanted and supported him but now anything Trump does they have to attack so viciously. Now they are adding taking out terrorists to their articles of impeachment or they want to anyway(anything liberal media says can be construed to be an extension of the DNC) and they’ve even got a slew of psychiatric “professionals” to declare Trump unfit. So Obama could do what he wants and they are all ok with that. It’s political with them. Did any of them care About Amb Stevens I think not
edit on 7-1-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join