It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Soleimani in Iraq legally or officially?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I’ve been wondering if Soleimani the martyr was visiting Iraq on the sly, or if he had official permission from the government of Iraq to be there. Did Barham Salih or Adil Abdul-Mahdi, the prez and prime minister respectively, know of his presence and approve of it? I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere; perhaps one of you can tell me.

Anyway, I see Iraq’s parliament has voted to expel U.S. troops from Iraq, which is just fine with me. The entire Middle East is a madhouse and nothing good can come of it, except oil. Let some other country or coalition be the cop there and good luck to them!

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Isnt anyone here concerned that Donalds most recent tweet dispenses with Congress and declares himself emperor?

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

He was under UN travel sanctions and was not allowed to leave Iran.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scapegrace
I’ve been wondering if Soleimani the martyr was visiting Iraq on the sly, or if he had official permission from the government of Iraq to be there. Did Barham Salih or Adil Abdul-Mahdi, the prez and prime minister respectively, know of his presence and approve of it? I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere; perhaps one of you can tell me.

Anyway, I see Iraq’s parliament has voted to expel U.S. troops from Iraq, which is just fine with me. The entire Middle East is a madhouse and nothing good can come of it, except oil. Let some other country or coalition be the cop there and good luck to them!

i guess that would depend on whose legality you refer to

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Isnt anyone here concerned that Donalds most recent tweet dispenses with Congress and declares himself emperor?

Not anyone that comprehends the english language.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

In my pigeon Ill explain Donald Emperor Republic finished on social media

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Scapegrace

Did Barham Salih or Adil Abdul-Mahdi, the prez and prime minister respectively, know of his presence and approve of it? I haven’t seen this mentioned anywhere;

Abdul Mahdi suggested Sunday that Iran and the Saudis had been engaged in dialogue to tamp down their feud, with Iraq playing the role of mediator. Abdul Mahdi said he had been expecting to meet with Soleimani on the day he was killed. “He came to deliver me a message from Iran, responding to the message we delivered from Saudi Arabia to Iran,” the prime minister said, without providing details.

Wapo

Addendum: Twitter
edit on 5-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Parts of him will forever be in Iraq.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

No need to....

All a normal person is going to get out of your explanation is Rrrhhheeeee.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

A Reylo fan?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You are definately an ugly American

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
A man has just declared himself on twitter to be Emperor and the clowns on this site just want to be spelling nazis

mene mene tekel upharsin

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

A man has just declared himself on twitter to be Emperor and the clowns on this site just want to be spelling nazis

mene mene tekel upharsin

there there, show me where the oranj man touched you.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

You might get more interest if you provided, oh, I don't know, a link?

TheRedneck

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   

mene mene tekel upharsin

I just went on Twitter and declared you a fried potato.

Are you craving ketchup yet?

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

So dispensing with Congress in the declaration of war is a Presidential power in whatever demented version of your Republic you subscribe to OK

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Cute entertainment on the Titanic

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

So dispensing with Congress in the declaration of war is a Presidential power in whatever demented version of your Republic you subscribe to OK

Settle the hell down, Beavis.

You’re going to give yourself a heart attack.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

This probably deserves a thread of its own, especially since US forces were attacked in Kenya this morning, killing at least one American.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

These Media Posts will serve as notification to the United States Congress that should Iran strike any U.S. person or target, the United States will quickly & fully strike back, & perhaps in a disproportionate manner. Such legal notice is not required, but is given nevertheless!
12:25 PM · Jan 5, 2020·

twitter.com...

Disproportionate attacks are considered war crimes.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

....hundreds of Iranian protesters. He was already attacking our Embassy, and preparing for additional hits in other locations. Iran has been nothing but problems for many years. Let this serve as a WARNING that if Iran strikes any Americans, or American assets, we have.....
....targeted 52 Iranian sites (representing the 52 American hostages taken by Iran many years ago), some at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD. The USA wants no more threats!

It's also considered a war crime to target civilians and cultural sites.

But, Trump is basically giving Congress' war powers the middle finger.
edit on 5-1-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Iranian forces were in Iraq on the direct invitation of the Iraqi Government.

So completely legally.
edit on 512020 by Ohanka because: iraq, not iran =/

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join