It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Qasem Soleimani: Who was Iran's 'rock star' general?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
As written by the BBC. Regardless of your position this guy had some pull. Why he landed in Iraq is anyone's guess but I would assume that Iran has destabilized Iraq to the point he can do whatever he wants. It also begs the question of who created ISIS. Based on him landing in Iraq and Iraq voting to expel the USA troops from Iraq that Iran created ISIS and not the US or Israel.

Here's the link:

Qasem Soleimani

Under his leadership, Iran had bolstered Hezbollah in Lebanon and other pro-Iranian militant groups, expanded its military presence in Iraq and Syria and orchestrated Syria's offensive against rebel groups in the country's long civil war.

Iran's Revolutionary Guards said Iraqi militia leader Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis was among those killed. Muhandis commanded the Iranian-backed Kataib Hezbollah group, which Washington blamed for a rocket attack which killed a US civilian contractor in northern Iraq last Friday. He also effectively led the Popular Mobilisation units (PM), an umbrella of militias in Iraq dominated by groups aligned with Iran. Most of those killed in the strike belonged to the PM, the organisation said. Soleimani's son-in-law and a member of the Lebanese Hezbollah were also among the dead, it added.

edit on 5-1-2020 by Waterglass because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2020 by Waterglass because: revised all

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I gather one of the reasons they're upset is that he was one of the few capable organizers among their military. Guys like that are few and far between in the military establishments of the Middle East.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

edit on (1/5/2020 by loveguy because: nvm

edit on (1/5/2020 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Agree. He seems to have been pragmatic, self educated as nothing appears on him attending school or university. A very smart man.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Agree. He seems to have been pragmatic, self educated as nothing appears on him attending school or university. A very smart man.

but not quite smart enough, he should have spent more time studying american military capabilities.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Rock-star.... curious how Netflix just put on 'the Messiah" an Iranian rock-star of sorts..... yep curious. Like pushing having second thoughts about Iranians. The dude was handsome and well manicured, but working on the wrong side.

Now Iran must play war. Which is a shame all the historic stuff clear back predating Biblical times. It can not be replaced and surely some will be destroyed as collateral damage. A historical shame.
edit on 5-1-2020 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Rock star?
Nah...
A huge dick?
Yeah.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I'm not sure if Iranians who were tortured or killed by his bunch would call him a rock star. Just guessing.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm not sure who can watch this outside of the UK but I've just watched this documentary on BBC iPlayer called Shadow Commander: Iran's Military Commander.
www.bbc.co.uk...

It's gives an overview of his rise from a relative poor and humble upbringing right up to his rise to become Commander of Quds Force etc.

It also gives a summary of the shifting alliances in the region from the Iran/Iraq War to present.

I think it was broadcast April/May time 2019 and as such doesn't contain any information about more recent events.

Its far from an in depth study of Soleimani etc but its well worth a watch for anyone who wants at least a little more in depth knowledge other than that provided by the headline writers etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Ummm...personally I don’t care who he was...or how he got to be him...

He’s dead...along with a whole bunch of other dead terrorist leaders...Ooh-Ahh...

He played stupid games...killed many of my and your countrymen...maimed more still...then ordered his troops to fire on and slaughter hundreds of Iranian protesters...whose crime was...seeking a better life...

He won his Darwin Award...

He’s not just a Shiite...he’s buzzard Shiite...

That said...I’m not so sure it wasn’t a proxy that died...and he’s sitting in a black site...”cooperating”...

The hand with ring thing looks like one of those obvious fakes...like the lone passport just lying there in a Pennsylvania field...

Just a “things that make you go...hummm”...suspicion...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

edit on 5-1-2020 by autopat51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: Freeborn

Ummm...personally I don’t care who he was...or how he got to be him...

He’s dead...along with a whole bunch of other dead terrorist leaders...Ooh-Ahh...

He played stupid games...killed many of my and your countrymen...maimed more still...then ordered his troops to fire on and slaughter hundreds of Iranian protesters...whose crime was...seeking a better life...

He won his Darwin Award...

He’s not just a Shiite...he’s buzzard Shiite...

That said...I’m not so sure it wasn’t a proxy that died...and he’s sitting in a black site...”cooperating”...

The hand with ring thing looks like one of those obvious fakes...like the lone passport just lying there in a Pennsylvania field...

Just a “things that make you go...hummm”...suspicion...

YouSir

that would be just brilliant! i would have to just sit back and laugh! what else could i do? brilliant!

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The media keeps asking what Justified killing him. They are so stupid.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm not even convinced he's dead, is it my fault I cannot trust anything the Pentagon run MSM says? They have been caught lying countless times at this point, even on the smallest irrelevant things - all to promote their twisted agendas.

So I don't believe in any of it anymore. It just cannot be trusted, how do we really know? Like I'm gonna believe in Good Faith? Yeah right, not happening.

new topics

top topics

join