It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday: Killer Asteroid (S1, E1) | History Channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is most probably the best educational video I have seen in years on the effects of a large asteroid strike. I had no idea how powerful the blast wave and thermal waves were. After watching this, I can see how the "mountain thrown into the sea" prophecy in Revelation plays out. (1st-4th Trumpets)

This is a very educational docudrama.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It's to bad for the most part they stopped making shows like this

I miss when the educational channels wernt reality tv

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Thanks for that.
The video just killed an hour of my time.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

It's to bad for the most part they stopped making shows like this

I miss when the educational channels wernt reality tv
100% agree.Sick of these fake reality shows,wish we could get real science and history on tv.

posted on Jan, 5 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I see a lot of "asteroid skims Earth yesterday!" or "may impact Earth in two days" types of articles. Then when you read them you find out the asteroid was a million miles away. Close or not from a space point of view, I really don't want to hear about them unless they actually hit the planet. The rest is nothing more than sensationalism and childish reporting.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Is this yet one of those "documentaries", where they measure everything in football pitches?

Comparing the speed of the asteroid to some race car?

Telling you how the ice in the asteroid, could be made into beer?

Well.. no thanks then

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Science Channel had a 2 hour season premier of How the Universe Works that was dedicated to asteroid strike and went in depth too.

They had a nice animation of a smaller one taking out New York and then started talking about Apopohis and how it was much, much larger and due to pass on a very close trajectory in 2029 (?) I think. My only quibble was that there animation of the smaller rock showed them losing the entire city of New York, and then when the obligatory talking head went on to talk about how much larger the devastation of Apophis might be, his big talking point was "You'd lose the whole city!" as though we hadn't already been shown that from a smaller rock.

The key takeaway there was to listen for the size of the Krakatoa blast. Krakatoa affected the entire world's climate, but should Apophis impact, it will do so with twice the energy and destructive power of Krakatoa.

top topics

join